Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2024, 10:10   #616
BANNED

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

@bejoy, It seemed to me that the site was slow and didn't load properly after entering the vehicle details. And, when I tried reloading the site, and reprocess the order, a notice appeared that the order has already been computed and is in process.

So, I think lot of people are using the site now since the HSRP rule is to be enforced in KAR, and that makes it hard to use in normal.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th February 2024 at 17:46. Reason: i —>I. Please use caps where needed.
Old 9th February 2024, 01:24   #617
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I bought my Car (MG Astor) in Bangalore During January'23. The dealer had installed the HSRP number Plates during the delivery. But I did not notice that, the STICKER on the windshield is missing until recently.

My questions:
1. Should i reach out to the Dealer itself and ask them for the sticker? (will they really help me on this?)
2. Or should I order only the sticker from the "https://bookmyhsrp.com/" website?
3. I tried ordering the sticker, But On the website, it is throwing me an error "Please enter valid Front Laser Code"

Please advice.
Old 9th February 2024, 02:12   #618
BHPian

Hi team,
Was in the process of ordering HSRP plates for my parents 2017 Innova Crysta.
But facing below issues.

1. Toyota authorised dealer at my hometown is not accepting direct booking, at dealer level. They are asking us to order it online.
2. When trying to book it online, the dealership at my hometown is not being listed in fitment locations.
(And next/nearest dealership to us is around 200kms, ie either Mysore or Bangalore)
3. Even if we try selecting location as Mysore/Bangalore, it's not allowing to select dates or page crashes.
(Site issue?)
4. Also, my hometown is not listed for home delivery/installation.

So, how to proceed further? Are there any other alternative options to consider?

PS:
For my i10, duster and wife's Santro, ordering and fitting were done at authorised Hyundai/Renault dealer at my hometown.
For my father's MM550 , have ordered it online.
So it was very easy process with Hyundai, Renault and Mahindra.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 9th February 2024 at 02:15. Reason: Typo
Old 9th February 2024, 08:09   #619
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone done the HSRP plates for older/vintage cars?
I have a Fiat 1100 registered in 72' and was wondering if it is the same process. The car is registered in Kerala and currently in Bangalore.

Something tells me the cops will be in full blast once the dead line is over since this is a cash cow for them with still over 50% vehicles not moved over to HSRP.
Old 9th February 2024, 08:24   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post

I tried ordering the sticker, But On the website, it is throwing me an error "Please enter valid Front Laser Code"

Please advice.
It should not throw an error if you entered a valid front laser code. The laser code is AA followed by the sequence of numbers which is unique for your vehicle. This is needed only when you order colour sticker separately since you already have HSRP plates.
If the code you entered is valid, you could try writing or talking to the customer care.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 11:36   #621
Senior - BHPian

Trying to get a HSRP ordered for a 2006 Honda Activa. The FC and registration is valid till 2026. I have tried on " https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php " and keep getting this message. Has anyone been able to work through these?
Attached Images

Old 9th February 2024, 14:12   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Trying to get a HSRP ordered for a 2006 Honda Activa. The FC and registration is valid till 2026. I have tried on " https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php " and keep getting this message. Has anyone been able to work through these?
Most likely the Manufacturer is mentioned as "Others" in the Vaahan database (happened during the migration of older data to Vaahan). It needs to be corrected by the RTO. My 2005 Dio is having the same issue and I am yet to approach the RTO to get it fixed.
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 16:29   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Send them an email, you'll get a useful reply.

I had the same problem, and I emailed to online@bookmyhsrp.com (bcoz for my car siam.in took me to bookmyhsrp.com), they were very helpful and their email reply was timely and complete and helped me decide future course of action, which eventually resolved the issue completely.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 17:35   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
3. I tried ordering the sticker, But On the website, it is throwing me an error "Please enter valid Front Laser Code"

Please advice.
The website itself is pretty slow and bugged. I had to use a different browser to order HSRP sticker for my dad's Maruti Versa, since the windshield broke due to an accident after we applied the sticker. I encountered an error "Please enter valid HR number" or something like that, kept trying but no luck. Ultimately, used a different browser(Safari) and it worked. This may be different since your car is new, and does not fall under the old vehicles criteria.

One thing that you can try is interchange the front and rear laser codes while entering it, it may work this way(Won't change how it will be printed on the sticker).

The cost for the sticker was 100 rupees including fitment.When I approached the dealer(Bimal Nexa Mahadevapura), initially they said that they had no idea that we get stickers alone!. The SA(Mr.Harish) there was really helpful, he made a few calls and confirmed it will reach them by the next day, and they did.

I decided that I would just collect the sticker from them and stick it on the windshield myself, possibly with a film underneath so that it can be salvaged if anything untoward happens again.
Old 9th February 2024, 18:33   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Trying to get a HSRP ordered for a 2006 Honda Activa. The FC and registration is valid till 2026. I have tried on and keep getting this message. Has anyone been able to work through these?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Most likely the Manufacturer is mentioned as "Others" in the Vaahan database (happened during the migration of older data to Vaahan). It needs to be corrected by the RTO. My 2005 Dio is having the same issue and I am yet to approach the RTO to get it fixed.
Even I had the same issue with my 2004 registered Activa. The solution is very simple. Submit a plain application mentioning the vehicle details and requesting them to update the 'Manufacturer' data correctly in their backend system.
It will get updated within one week and then you are good to go.
Also, no need to catch any agent for this purpose and it does not cost you any money as well. Go to the correct counter (you can ask at the any of the counter and they will guide you where to go) and submit the application. They will ask you to take the photo of the application after they put the sign/stamp on the application. This is just for your reference purpose.
Make sure that you submit your application where last FC was done. In my case, my vehicle was KA03, but FC was done at Yeshwantpur RTO. So, I needed to submit my application at Yeshwantpur RTO.

Last edited by kavensri : 9th February 2024 at 18:35.
kavensri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 10:13   #626
BANNED

Quote:
I did use it for booking a HSRP number plate for Honda Activa, I think you need to enter the right Chassis Number and Engine Number to continue with this. I was successful in it.

Check your Insurance Copy or RC for those details.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th February 2024 at 17:47. Reason: i —>I. Please use caps where needed.
Old 10th February 2024, 13:55   #627
BHPian

What is the purpose of this sticker? To distinguish fuel type? Why do they want to bother with that? Any real reason to have it?

I have an Ola Electric scooter with a HSRP number plate, but there was no sticker provided along. I dont think I have seen this sticker on any two wheelers as yet.

So, do they provide this sticker for two wheelers too?
Old 10th February 2024, 14:12   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
What is the purpose of this sticker? To distinguish fuel type? Why do they want to bother with that? Any real reason to have it?
We see news like ban on BS-III/15 years old petrol and BS-IV/10 years old diesel vehicles in Delhi. This sticker helps in quick identification. As date of registration is also printed on the sticker, it helps in implementing age related restrictions.
Old 10th February 2024, 14:31   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
The sticker is actually called the "Third registration plate" for a vehicle and it has to be stuck to the windshield, so does not apply to a two wheeler.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrpthirdregistrationplate.png

For more information, refer:
https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...206052%20E.pdf
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 16:51   #630
BANNED

BTW, my appointment with the dealer in one and a half month away (for the fixation of HSRP number plate). But, when I check the status of the HSRP, it says that 'Embossing in Progress'.

By any chance will the dealer call me for fixing the number plate earlier than the allotted appointment date?

What should I do to make sure that the HSRP number plates for my two wheeler will fix properly to the existing slots? Or is there any extra actions which would help in fixing the board to the right location, covering up any visible drills or screws?

Where are the slots available (for two wheeler and four wheeler vehicles across brands) to the nearest dates in Bengaluru?

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th February 2024 at 17:48. Reason: i —>I. Please use caps where needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks