Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2024, 14:08   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Would you mind waiting until my plates arrive? I want to be sure the process actually works before putting you on the chase.
Hehe, good one. I am astonished though just how many people are yet to get their HSRPs. In both my gated community as well as outside, there are zillions of pre-0419 vehicles with all varieties of number plates.

Makes me wonder if these people living under a rock, or is it pure apathy?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 14:23   #587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Makes me wonder if these people living under a rock, or is it pure apathy?
The process sure makes the willing law-abider feel like the silly one, while the apathetic ones flip the bird and tootle along without a care.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 18:16   #588
BHPian

Apologies ahead of time, I tried searching through this thread to see if someone found a solution to the below issues (the same issue mentioned also in this thread).
while booking for the HSRP number plate for the Ford EcoSport in Karnataka (Bangalore). Tried using
https://bookmyhsrp.com/
I get this error " You are not authorized to book re-order. For any query kindly mail to online@bookmyhsrp.com "
Then tried https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php
I get the error " Vehicle details available in Vahan but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM "

Any advice to resolve this issue, please?
thanks.
Old 28th January 2024, 12:47   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Apologies ahead of time, I tried searching through this thread to see if someone found a solution to the below issues (the same issue mentioned also in this thread).
while booking for the HSRP number plate for the Ford EcoSport in Karnataka (Bangalore). Tried using
https://bookmyhsrp.com/
I get this error " You are not authorized to book re-order. For any query kindly mail to online@bookmyhsrp.com "
Then tried https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php
I get the error " Vehicle details available in Vahan but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM "

Any advice to resolve this issue, please?
thanks.
You may use this link to book: https://www.siam.in/selectoem.aspx?i...ANGALORE+URBAN
Old 28th January 2024, 18:24   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post
Thank you! This worked.
Tried to complete the process and selected home delivery (Bangalore), but it says currently unavailable. will try again in a few days.
Old 29th January 2024, 05:19   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Thank you! This worked.
Tried to complete the process and selected home delivery (Bangalore), but it says currently unavailable. will try again in a few days.
You can opt for it to be delivered to a brand dealer and get it installed by them. The site does not have home delivery options to all the pincode areas in Bangalore.
int3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 16:56   #592
BHPian

Quote:

Imagine wanting to do the right thing, pay your (terribly exorbitant) taxes, and then hung out to dry figuring out how to get a govt. controlled variety of registration plates by yourself.
Absolutely. Middle class is a cash cow. Once they LOOT 15 year tax money they give back nothing.
It is a huge organised crime. When other countries have registration by the year, India keeps following methods hugely anti customer and needless to say that give “Feel bad factor”
Shame really on useless politicians masquerading as law makers.
RunGaDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 19:33   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Found another gap in the HSRP process.

Tried online, but one can only order HSRP for cars older than April 2019 in KA (cars newer than that are presumed to already have HSRP). This car was a Dec 2020 original registration and did come with HSRP then, but we obviously need new plates now. Turns out RTO never gave serious thought to the re-registration use case when making HSRP mandatory, in a state with a sizeable population of transferred cars that might be newer than April 2019. Net outcome, online self-ordering is a no-go.
Mine is a July 2022 registered Toyota Innova Crysta. Car met with an accident and one of the number plates got damaged. For the last month or so, I have been trying to register a request for the HSRP plates on both the sites - Order Your HSRP (https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php) and Book My HSRP (https://bookmyhsrp.com/#). While 'Order Your HSRP' (SIAM sponsored) says 'Vahan Response: Vehicle Not Found', the Book My HSRP says the registration number itself is not valid.

Have escalated the matter to the Sales Manager at Nandi Toyota, but still waiting.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 21:38   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly66 View Post

The above link not working for me. 2007 Honda City. FC done and have insurance too. Continue to get same error. Tried multiple browsers, desktop, phone etc etc., none worked. Kicking myself for being lazy on this front all along.
Old 30th January 2024, 21:50   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyD View Post
Hindustan Motors has authorised Celex Technologies Pvt Ltd as their HSRP vendor for HM (including Mitsubishi) vehicles. http://www.hindmotor.com/HSRP.asp

For Bangalore the installation is to be done at SVR Motors and the order can be placed through http://www.MakeMyHSRP.com

This is working effective today after email follow up with customer service of Celex Technolgies.
I tried celex/ makemyhsrp for my Mitsubishi cedia. But it failed as it did not recognise Mitsubishi as manufacturer name. I was asked by celex team to get manufacturer name changed to hindustan motors on Vahan portal. Applied for the same at rto. It is not yet updated after 1 week though.
avimal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 17:54   #596
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Maruti. Can you pls DM me which dealership you went to and who I can meet there ?.
Plates just arrived. PM with contact incoming.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:38   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Hi all,
Has anyone with a Maharashtra number plate currently in KA been able to order an HSRP online? All the main online portals such as ordermyhsrp etc do not have MH option available. TIA

My father-in-law has the same problem. Tamil Nadu registered car in Karnataka and there is no solution anywhere as far as I have checked. If anyone can help, please suggest solutions!

Cheers!
Masalawheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:15   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masalawheelz View Post
My father-in-law has the same problem. Tamil Nadu registered car in Karnataka and there is no solution anywhere as far as I have checked. If anyone can help, please suggest solutions!

Cheers!
I have a double problem. A Maharashtra plate car and a Tamil Nadu plate car, there is no option as of now. I'm keeping them covered and getting them out only on non-cop non-camera routes!

Since elections are round the corner, the State Government may not want to upset the apple cart and extend the deadline till the 31st of May. Praying
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 20:22   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I have a question about the date - What happens to vehicles registered in April 2019 or later? Are those exempt as of now and will be asked to change at a later date? Or, are they assumed to already have HSRP installed?

My Honda City was registered in April 2019 and doesn't have HSRP plates. So, I tried to book an appointment on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/, but couldn't do so and got a pop-up saying car is *not* registered before 1st April 2019.
Update:
I tried contacting the guy who sold the car to me, but it looks like the entire sales team of that era left the dealership. I was given the contact of the CRM and it took a good deal of effort to explain the situation. After that, it was an ordeal following up with her. Based on the messages she forwarded to me, it was clear that the people who had to do the work were giving her irrelevant excuses.

Fed up with following up for more than a month, I asked the workshop manager for the Owner/GM's contact-number and he recommended that we try with the Sales Manager first. He introduced me to the current Sales Manager, and I had to explain the whole story again. I asked the Sales-Manager if he had access to some sort of portal for dealerships where they order HSRPs for new cars. He logged into the portal in front of me, filled in my car details and it readily went all the way to the "Order Now" screen. He didn't have the transaction password but assured me that it would be done soon. He called me next day to say plates have arrived. (kudos to the service manager in handling the situation well).

I think there were two issues: First, they didn't know what to do when their usual old-car portal refused to generate HSRP for my car. Second, they were not clear about account to charge the HSRP plates. I told them not to worry about the second part as long as it was a reasonable amount. Glad to be done with it.
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 20:42   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
My Honda City was registered in April 2019 and doesn't have HSRP plates.
On BookMyHSRP (for Maurti), I was getting this error with the month mentioned as April-2020. Looking at your post, it looks like the dealer is the entity who can actually do this, but they dont seem keen to take the trouble since it is not for a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks