Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2024, 15:58   #571
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 20th November 2024

Is there a way for us to check Vahan and confirm if the HSRP details have been uploaded? For both my bike and car, I realized it later that the service center guys never took pics.

For the car, I called up the HSRP dealer and sent him the pics by email but for the bike the service center guys did reach out on Whatsapp and ask to send the pics across. I did send them the pics as requested but it has been radio silence ever since.
Old 7th January 2024, 13:31   #572
BHPian

Friends need one help.

I stay out of KA with a KA car. I ordered via HSRP and got the number plate picked up by my cousin and delivered it to me via courier. Upon opening, I see only one number plate. Did I do a blunder by ordering only one and not 2 in the first place? Now if I order again, will I end up with 2 unique IDs for same number plate?

If 1 is only enough, should I stick the number plate at front or back?
Old 7th January 2024, 14:29   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Friends need one help.

I stay out of KA with a KA car. I ordered via HSRP and got the number plate picked up by my cousin and delivered it to me via courier. Upon opening, I see only one number plate. Did I do a blunder by ordering only one and not 2 in the first place? Now if I order again, will I end up with 2 unique IDs for same number plate?

If 1 is only enough, should I stick the number plate at front or back?
Assuming your cousin did not open and miss out one plate when couriering to you, this is a problem from the HSRP vendor. You should reach out to them mentioning only one number plate has been delivered.

When you order, you but a set of 2 plates only - one each for front and back. I would not recommend ordering a new set before checking with the vendor on this first.

If on the other hand, you are asking about the HSRP windshield sticker, then there will be only 1 of these to be affixed on the front glass

Last edited by vijaykr : 7th January 2024 at 14:31. Reason: Added comment
Old 14th January 2024, 09:08   #574

Dear All,

Has anyone found a solution to acquire HSRP for vehicles re-registered in Karnataka after April 2019 ?

(ex-army Maruti Gypsy registered in the KA01 RTO in January 2021. During vehicle registration & number allotment the vehicle was not provided HSRP by the RTO & now not able to book online as well)
Old 23rd January 2024, 10:20   #575
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^I have a similar question. When I took delivery of my Harrier in June 2023, I overlooked the fact that the orange/red sticker was missing on the windshield, the dealership guys had stuck only the transparent sticker with registration details. At that time I wasn’t even aware that the blue (for petrol) and orange/red (for diesel) sticker also needs to be stuck along with the transparent one.

Any idea if/how I can order the sticker alone for my 2023 car ? (I remember seeing this option while ordering HSRP for my older vehicles).

Last edited by NPV : 23rd January 2024 at 10:22.
Old 23rd January 2024, 12:15   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
^^^I have a similar question. When I took delivery of my Harrier in June 2023, I overlooked the fact that the orange/red sticker was missing on the windshield, the dealership guys had stuck only the transparent sticker with registration details.
Suggest you formally escalate to the dealer principals with a copy to Tata. Post-April 2019, it became mandatory for all dealers to ensure that the HSRP and sticker was provided and affixed to any 4Ws being sold in KA prior to delivery.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:07   #577
BHPian

Hi all,
Has anyone with a Maharashtra number plate currently in KA been able to order an HSRP online? All the main online portals such as ordermyhsrp etc do not have MH option available. TIA
Old 26th January 2024, 21:27   #578
BHPian

Booked from bookmyhsrp.com

What does complete set mean? Also the frame or is it additional. (When selecting home delivery i see it mentioned as additional 200+gst)
Old 27th January 2024, 07:55   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Booked from bookmyhsrp.com

What does complete set mean? Also the frame or is it additional. (When selecting home delivery i see it mentioned as additional 200+gst)
It means front and back plates plus windshield sticker. Doesn’t include frames.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 10:36   #580
Team-BHP Support

Found another gap in the HSRP process.

We transferred a car in the family from MP to KA. The process itself is still a slow-cooking nightmare, with the RTO insisting on doing everything via snail mail even though both states are Vahan compliant and online. We paid taxes in mid-2023, finally got the number allotment challan this week after several visits and escalations (presiding RTO changed thrice in this period!). No ETA on when the RC will arrive. They said 'eventually', which curiously is also my answer to 'When will we arrive?' when commuting in Bangalore.

When we finally got a KA number allotted, RTO says you'll need to get plates yourself, none of our business.

'Simple Saar, online order maadi! Or ask a dealer.'

All you get for paying a small fortune is a half an A4 sheet printout, not even a full page. They'll create pointless paperwork by the ton even though the whole Vahan system is online, but sure let's save half a page on the challan printing. Yay! Go green!

Tried online, but one can only order HSRP for cars older than April 2019 in KA (cars newer than that are presumed to already have HSRP). This car was a Dec 2020 original registration and did come with HSRP then, but we obviously need new plates now. Turns out RTO never gave serious thought to the re-registration use case when making HSRP mandatory, in a state with a sizeable population of transferred cars that might be newer than April 2019. Net outcome, online self-ordering is a no-go.

Approached brand dealership and it turns out they don't know how to handle it either, at least don't have a clearly defined process. Credit where it's due, they didn't simply claim helplessness and shoo me away. +1 Kalyani Motors and Maruti for customer-centricity. What followed was a multi-hour exercise to find a way, and we finally did manage to place an order somehow via the dealer process. Plates are expected to arrive in a week.

Imagine wanting to do the right thing, pay your (terribly exorbitant) taxes, and then hung out to dry figuring out how to get a govt. controlled variety of registration plates by yourself.

In a country riddled with incompetent bureaucracy, our RTOs probably take the cake. And they have no incentive to change because they're minting money as-is, with no obligation to deliver services - efficiently or sometimes at all - they're getting paid a fortune for.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th January 2024 at 11:18.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 11:35   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
. Turns out RTO never gave serious thought to the re-registration use case when making HSRP mandatory,
+1
Re-registrations till about a year back were not given a HSRP from the RTO, though for the past year or so they are.

Quote:
What followed was a multi-hour exercise to find a way, and we finally did manage to place an order somehow via the dealer process. Plates are expected to arrive in a week.
Could you share this process, please ? I am in a similar situation with a vehicle re-registered in KA in Jan 2021, but not able to get the plates. I had been to the dealer too and even spoke to the rep @BookMyHSRP. The person asked me to take a copy of the B-register to the dealer, and ask them to use the dealer process, but again a dead end.
TIA !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Hi all,
Has anyone with a Maharashtra number plate currently in KA been able to order an HSRP online? TIA
The HSRP rule in KA is applicable for KA registered vehicles.

Last edited by condor : 27th January 2024 at 11:38.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 11:56   #582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
... asked me to take a copy of the B-register to the dealer, and ask them to use the dealer process, but again a dead end...
What brand is this?

I also had to supply a copy of the B-register extract, PAN of the registered owner (my father in this case) and pay for the plates (dealer asked for my PAN too).

Dealers apparently have some exception-handling leeway that retail customer ordering via bookmyhsrp don't. It becomes necessary as the first registration date on RTO record stays even after a re-registration (for registration and fitness validity purposes).

I say walk in to a dealership of the brand with the relevant documentation, and refuse to take NO for an answer, that's what I did. They have the means, I have some sympathy for dealership staff because it's not a well-defined workflow at the RTO side but a dealer is really your only option to get plates for a post- Apr 2019 re-registration use case.

Quote:
Re-registrations till about a year back were not given a HSRP from the RTO, though for the past year or so they are.
Did you mean to say re-registrations are 'HSRP-eligible' since the last one year?

Our RTO (KA-41) definitely washed their hands off helping with the actual plates. Not counting my chickens before they hatch, given how much of a frustrating nightmare this has been. I'll wait for the plates to arrive before considering this matter closed.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th January 2024 at 12:30.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 12:29   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What brand is this?
Maruti. Can you pls DM me which dealership you went to and who I can meet there ?

Quote:
Did you mean to say re-registrations are 'HSRP-eligible' since the last one year?

Our RTO (KA-41) definitely washed their hands off helping with the actual plates.
My Maruti was re-reg in KA in Jan 2021, but no HSRP from RTO. A Fellow TBHP member got a Zest from Meerut last year and got HSRP from the RTO.

Last edited by condor : 27th January 2024 at 12:35. Reason: Sorry, reworded my post after you responded, so editing quote :)
Old 27th January 2024, 12:41   #584
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Maruti. Can you pls DM me which dealership you went to and who I can meet there ?
Would you mind waiting until my plates arrive? I want to be sure the process actually works before putting you on the chase.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 14:08   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would you mind waiting until my plates arrive? I want to be sure the process actually works before putting you on the chase.
Hehe, good one. I am astonished though just how many people are yet to get their HSRPs. In both my gated community as well as outside, there are zillions of pre-0419 vehicles with all varieties of number plates.

Makes me wonder if these people living under a rock, or is it pure apathy?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks