Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2023, 11:51   #556
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I've also ordered the HSRP for the Honda Aviator scooter, but the earliest appointment I could get was for first week of December!
I headed over to VFM Honda at Pai Layout on Old Madras road yesterday afternoon to get the plates fixed. A mechanic from their service centre was doing the fitment and was helped with the riveting by their security guard!
I was asked to go to the sales showroom on the first floor to collect the plates. Showed them the printout of the order and was given the plastic shrink wrapped package which I took back to the guys doing the fitment. When my turn came, they asked if I’d gotten the details entered in a register at their service centre. I hadn’t done this, and while I was getting it done, both guys took a number plate each for my scooter me got to work on marking the holes and drilling. When I got back, they proudly said it’s done and as I took a cursory glance, I was shocked to see that they’d fixed the even numbered plate in front and odd one at the back.

When I told them it wasn’t right, they said they’re hearing such a thing for the first time but I insisted they swap them which they did, but both plates now have 4 rivets when seen from outside/front! I hope I’m not flagged down by over zealous RTO officers or traffic police!

Also there wasn’t any blue (for petrol) sticker with the number plates package. Vendor is FTA and I don’t know if I should follow up with them ? The showroom manager then checked a few more number plate packages and the sticker wasn’t there in any of them!

Last edited by NPV : 5th December 2023 at 11:53.
Old 5th December 2023, 23:06   #557

Quote:
When I got back, they proudly said it’s done and as I took a cursory glance, I was shocked to see that they’d fixed the even numbered plate in front and odd one at the back.
The guy who fixed my plates told me the logic for which plate goes where, apparently is:

Last two digits - the smaller one goes in front.
Old 6th December 2023, 10:23   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Also there wasn’t any blue (for petrol) sticker with the number plates package. Vendor is FTA and I don’t know if I should follow up with them ? The showroom manager then checked a few more number plate packages and the sticker wasn’t there in any of them!
I did not get any sticker for my TVS Jupiter as well and have not seen any 2-wheelers in our complex with a sticker after they changed to the HSRP plates. I could be wrong, but maybe the windshield sticker is only for 4-wheelers only.
vijaykr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:12   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
I did not get any sticker for my TVS Jupiter as well and have not seen any 2-wheelers in our complex with a sticker after they changed to the HSRP plates. I could be wrong, but maybe the windshield sticker is only for 4-wheelers only.
Yes. 3rd Number Plate Stickers are only for 4 wheelers.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 12:05   #560
BHPian

I just booked HSRP for my Tiago and my Pulsar.
Next available date for installation was 13/12 for my bike but for my car it was 6/2!

If HSRP is mandatory for all vehicles, why is the wait time so long for cars?

Incidentally, bookmyhsrp (Rosmerta) couldn't service my request for my Tiago. I had to book it on the SIAM vendor makemyhsrp (Celex).
Old 12th December 2023, 17:08   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Did anyone manage to sort out the NOC issue? This is the problem for used cars for which NOC is shown as active even after re-registration.
I'm still facing the same issue.
Old 12th December 2023, 17:20   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Next available date for installation was 13/12 for my bike but for my car it was 6/2!

If HSRP is mandatory for all vehicles, why is the wait time so long for cars?
Try for a Honda bike & check the next available slot

Dates would depend on popularity of the brand, and then it's about number of dealerships for each brand + car or bike
Old 12th December 2023, 17:30   #563
BHPian

Got my HSRP number plate installed on my I20.

My appointment date was on 23rd Nov. Promptly called Advaith Service center to check if the plates have arrived. Answer was No! I had received a SMS stating it was ready for dispatch on 22nd. After that no intimation.

On 30th they confirmed my number plates have arrived and can go there anytime before 6PM. Reached there by 5.00PM, bought those plastic frames for additional price of Rs. 350 and got them rivetted within 15 mins. Other than the delay in receiving the number plates, everything else was easy peasy.

My windshield has a small crack and I intend to replace it next month. So asked them not to affix the sticker on it for now.

Need to peel off Advaith Hyundai branding on the plastic frames though
Old 13th December 2023, 14:48   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
I had the new HSRP plate fitment appointment for my Nissan Micra on 16th, but owing to other issues, was not able to make it on that day. When I called Surya Nissan, Marathahalli who was the assigned dealer for this, they said I can come in a couple of days as well.

I finally went on 20th (long drive from Yeshwantpur to ORR ) but the actual fitment itself took 5 mins only. They had a whole stack of plates ready for installation and my new plates were fitted properly. Drilled holes without impacting the letters/numbers and riveted both front and back. The technician wanted "tiffin money" and I gave a token amount. He took pictures of the newly affixed front and back plates and said they'll upload to VAHAN in batches.

The sticker on the windshield though is not neatly done as another guy who did this was in a tearing hurry. Though I had him remove and fix it, still it is a bit smudged

Got SMS yesterday evening saying new HSRP plates are fitted and another text this morning that codes are uploaded to VAHAN. Overall, excepting the painful drive to the dealer's location and back, overall experience was pretty smooth.
I'm glad to hear that the process of getting the new HSRP plates for your Nissan Micra went relatively smoothly, despite the minor hiccup with the windshield sticker.
Katesmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 22:56   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Yes, this is the issue. I am guessing that the HSRP vendors are checking the "Maker" field of RC particulars and map to the OEMs to validate the request. In my case, it is mentioned as "OTHERS", which obviously will fail this check. Now, I think the only option is to visit RTO and rectify this.
Any update on the above? As I am in the same boat.
Old 15th December 2023, 00:06   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredRoar View Post
Any update on the above? As I am in the same boat.
Had the same problem .Visited HSR RTO and gave a written request. Vahan database was updated in 2 weeks
Old 24th December 2023, 19:52   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
I'm still facing the same issue.
The NOC issue seems to be resolved. I randomly checked the HSRP application website now and I am able to proceed with the application. Earlier, I used to get an error saying "NOC is in progress".

Then I checked using VAHAN citizen services. Earlier I used to get two entries in the RC status - one my details and another with NOC details. Now, I am getting only one entry - the one with my details.

Last edited by vinodh_eee : 24th December 2023 at 19:53. Reason: Clarity
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 21:24   #568
BHPian

While this maybe slightly off topic but don’t think it’s worthy to start a separate thread on it

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/.../106036394.cms

Deadline for M.P has been postponed till 15th January, 2024.
It maybe helpful for M.P members here.
Old 25th December 2023, 07:28   #569
BHPian

When I try to book my HSRP plates on BookMyHSRP site, I am getting the error 'Please input Correct Registration Number of KARNATAKA State', even when the registration number is accurate and as per the prescribed format for that text box.

Has any faced this issue? Please advise.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 13:55   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
The NOC issue seems to be resolved. I randomly checked the HSRP application website now and I am able to proceed with the application. Earlier, I used to get an error saying "NOC is in progress".

Then I checked using VAHAN citizen services. Earlier I used to get two entries in the RC status - one my details and another with NOC details. Now, I am getting only one entry - the one with my details.
Did it get resolved by itself? Or by writing to Vahan? Or by giving an application to the RTO?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks