Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2023, 21:28   #541
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

My experiences with HSRP has been pretty mixed thus far.
I had to get the new plates for a Hyundai and a Skoda and a bike which I sold off.
Hyundai dealer in Koramangala, Bengaluru was a bit surprised about fitting a plate and almost had me drive to the service center. But after a few minutes of checking the plates were found behind the reception counter. Another minute of going over the FAQs, the fitting was done and it took about 15 mins at most. A week later, an SMS came in that the HSRP is registered with the Vahan portal.
Skoda though is a basket case. They sort of have confirmed why while the vehicles are/were well built, the sales and service leave a ton to be desired. Calling the local HSR, Bengaluru showroom elicited surprise responses to being asked to go to the service center operated by Tafe. After going to the dealer and spending 15 minutes or so, I was given the plates in the packaging and asked to "politely" bugger off. They claimed that the person who was to fit the plates was on leave. Anyway, the plates were fitted by my local garage but to no surprise, there was no Vahan update like what was from Hyundai.
I did like the various screws that were part of the package depending on the manner in which the plates were to be fitted. The sticker that needed to be applied inside the windshield should have been a bit smaller though.

Now comes my previous bike's situation to get the HSRP. It was a Ducati. Somehow, Ducati in India got themselves registered as "DUCATI MOTOR HOLDING S.P.A" and as per the Vahan helpdesk email, it needed to be listed as "DUCATI INDIA PVT LTD"
The local dealer, VST Ducati (they recently got into the news for all the wrong reasons), and the main office were silent to later claim server issues. Celex was the HSRP point of contact and they were quite quick in their response. A contact did state that the owner is not the one to do the running to the RTOs if suggested (which I was by VST Ducati), to get the same corrected. Even a local contact at the RTO said the same and the OEM needs to make the corrections, not the dealer or the vehicle owner. Till then, keeping a printout of the email and showing it to the cops would be the only option till all these issues get sorted.
Old 15th November 2023, 09:03   #542
BHPian

As expected deadlines have been extended from 17th Nov 2023 to 17th Feb 2024 for HSRP installation in Karnataka

https://bengaluruwire.com/2023/11/14...number-plates/

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20231114wa0007.jpg

Last edited by BrokenHW : 15th November 2023 at 09:04. Reason: Typo in dates
BrokenHW is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 19:56   #543

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I got the HSRP number plates installed in my 2009 i10 at Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road.
It's always good to hear about a pleasant experience, especially when it comes to the finer details like drilling holes without disrupting the text – that's some precision work!

Last edited by bblost : 17th November 2023 at 19:59. Reason: Reduced the size of quoted texts.
Old 21st November 2023, 15:09   #544
BHPian

I had the new HSRP plate fitment appointment for my Nissan Micra on 16th, but owing to other issues, was not able to make it on that day. When I called Surya Nissan, Marathahalli who was the assigned dealer for this, they said I can come in a couple of days as well.

I finally went on 20th (long drive from Yeshwantpur to ORR ) but the actual fitment itself took 5 mins only. They had a whole stack of plates ready for installation and my new plates were fitted properly. Drilled holes without impacting the letters/numbers and riveted both front and back. The technician wanted "tiffin money" and I gave a token amount. He took pictures of the newly affixed front and back plates and said they'll upload to VAHAN in batches.

The sticker on the windshield though is not neatly done as another guy who did this was in a tearing hurry. Though I had him remove and fix it, still it is a bit smudged

Got SMS yesterday evening saying new HSRP plates are fitted and another text this morning that codes are uploaded to VAHAN. Overall, excepting the painful drive to the dealer's location and back, overall experience was pretty smooth.
Old 21st November 2023, 20:06   #545

Anyone who has vehicle registered post April 2019 and was able to get new HSRP recently?
rekoj68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 19:46   #546
BHPian

I was able to order home-fitment (Bangalore) for my scooter (Honda Dio) on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com. Slots were available around Jan'24 2nd week on wards. I'll update on the experience post installation.

A special note on the invoice says, it is customer's responsibility to have the old plates removed before the fitment especially if the nuts are rusted. I think they must have been spending lot of time removing than fitting the new one.
Old 26th November 2023, 11:05   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoj68 View Post
Anyone who has vehicle registered post April 2019 and was able to get new HSRP recently?
Recently fixed HSRP in my 2017 KA registered Suzuki S Cross.
10th Oct 2023 - Odered through https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?...1&pgidtrail=91. While ordering I found Mandovi Motors, JP Nagar 3rd Phase is having the earliest slot of 27th Oct and closest to my place.

18th Oct 2023 - Received SMS that the plates are ready to dispatch

20th Oct 2023 - Received alert that plates are delivered to the dealer

27th Oct 2023 - Went to the dealer as per appointment time. Mandovi Motors offered plate garnish at Rs 499/- for both, opted for the garnish. It took around 30 mins to complete the process.

Hope this helps.
Old 26th November 2023, 19:07   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I'm facing a lot of problems getting the HSRP plates for my Volvo cars (XC90 and S60 Polestar). First, they were considered as trucks instead of cars by Bookmyhsrp (authorized vendor by SIAM) and the dealer Martial Motors, isn't authorized for installation even now.

After lots of talks with Bookmyhsrp team, they said I could get the plates installed at home, but unfortunately, they cover only 1% of Karnataka's pin codes for this service. The manager of Bookmyhsrp asked me to use a specific code 560001 and I enter Martial Motors showroom address for the installation. But when they came for the installation yesterday, they brought truck plates, not car plates, even though my registration certificate (RC) says it's a LMV (Light Motor Vehicle).

The bookmyhsrp manager said their system works automatically with Vahan Portal which according to them Volvo Group India Pvt Ltd means trucks and for cars it has to be Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd. They want me to change the manufacturer's name on the RC to Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd.

Both of my cars RC say that the manufacturer is Volvo Group India Pvt Ltd.

Another authorized vendor, Celex (Fiat and Mitsubishi) doesn't allow payments if there's a mismatch with RC and Vahan Portal, while bookmyhsrp seems to be accepting payments even when the details don't match, which seems wrong. There are no refunds once payment is made for HSRP with Bookmyhsrp.

This whole experience has been really tough. Many people across Karnataka are facing similar issues. I am glad that Karnataka High Court has stayed the entire process.

I'm considering taking the matter to the High Court regarding this issue. Dealing with the court seems more feasible than the RTO for changing the manufacturer's name on the RC. I'm aware of at least 20 other individuals who have encountered the same problem.
I'm pleased to share some positive news. Rosmerta Safety/Bookmyhsrp has successfully addressed the issue and is now providing car plates for all Volvo cars regardless of what the RC indicates the manufacturer name as, both my XC90 and S60 Polestar now have the correct HSRP plates, and they've been installed without any further issues .

While it's reassuring to see progress, I must admit that the overall experience has been quite chaotic. It's essential for authorities to streamline these processes to spare vehicle owners from unnecessary hassles. If you still find it necessary to address the broader issues, considering legal action, such as involving the High Court, might be a viable option.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to let me know.

Edit : I inquired with my family members residing in different parts of Karnataka, excluding Bangalore, and discovered that none of them were aware of the High-Security Registration Plate (HSRP) initiative. It appears that information about HSRP implementation is less accessible in areas outside of tier 1 cities.

Last edited by mjumrani : 26th November 2023 at 19:13. Reason: More Information.
Old 27th November 2023, 17:00   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Recently fixed HSRP in my 2017 KA registered Suzuki S Cross.
10th Oct 2023 - Odered through https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?...1&pgidtrail=91. While ordering I found Mandovi Motors, JP Nagar 3rd Phase is having the earliest slot of 27th Oct and closest to my place.

18th Oct 2023 - Received SMS that the plates are ready to dispatch

20th Oct 2023 - Received alert that plates are delivered to the dealer

27th Oct 2023 - Went to the dealer as per appointment time. Mandovi Motors offered plate garnish at Rs 499/- for both, opted for the garnish. It took around 30 mins to complete the process.

Hope this helps.
It works well if the vehicle registered before31st March 2019. There are few vehicle which got registered in April 2019 but haven't received the HSRP. For those vehicles option is not availble
Old 27th November 2023, 20:42   #550
BHPian

I had my car's HSRP plate fixed about a month ago at Pratham Motors, Bellandur. I still have not received any message regarding Vahan portal update, nor do I see anything related to HSRP on my Vahan vehicle details page. Could someone post a pic of what gets updated in Vahan?
Is my only option now to go back to Pratham and ask?
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 22:07   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I had my car's HSRP plate fixed about a month ago at Pratham Motors, Bellandur. I still have not received any message regarding Vahan portal update
While I don't know how to confirm if Vahan is updated, in many cases mobile number is incorrect or not registered hence the SMS update gets lost. You can do this online on vahan portal.

You can send an email to HSRP vendor to check if Vahan database was updated. They should be able to confirm.
Old 27th November 2023, 22:25   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
You can do this online on vahan portal.

You can send an email to HSRP vendor to check if Vahan database was updated. .
So which one do we do ?
How to do the updates by one self ?
Old 28th November 2023, 14:53   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So which one do we do ?
How to do the updates by one self ?
I was taking about mobile number update via vaahan. You will find it under "Vehicle services" -> "Update mobile (Aadhar based)".
Old 30th November 2023, 15:03   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverLess View Post
I was able to order home-fitment (Bangalore) for my scooter (Honda Dio) on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com. Slots were available around Jan'24 2nd week on wards. I'll update on the experience post installation.
Update: 5 days after I ordered, I got a call from FTA (HSRP provider) representative to share location for fitment. The person arrived and did his job in 10mins. This was highly professional compared to the VW dealership experience on my car.

He also confirmed that they have started doing home-fitment for all vehicles (cars, CV etc). Overall a five-star experience with FTA.
Old 3rd December 2023, 13:00   #555
BHPian

Did anyone manage to sort out the NOC issue? This is the problem for used cars for which NOC is shown as active even after re-registration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks