Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2023, 00:21   #526
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

I have a question about the date - What happens to vehicles registered in April 2019 or later? Are those exempt as of now and will be asked to change at a later date? Or, are they assumed to already have HSRP installed?

My Honda City was registered in April 2019 and doesn't have HSRP plates. So, I tried to book an appointment on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/, but couldn't do so and got a pop-up saying car is *not* registered before 1st April 2019.

How do I explain this to the average eager-to-collect-fine constable that is going to stop my car and ask why I don't have HSRP?
Old 11th November 2023, 08:44   #527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
My Honda City was registered in April 2019 and doesn't have HSRP plates. So, I tried to book an appointment on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/, but couldn't do so and got a pop-up saying car is *not* registered before 1st April 2019.
Approach your selling dealer. It was their responsibility to have fitted HSRPs before delivering the vehicle to you.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2023, 12:04   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Make sure the RC is in your name and that the vehicle is registered in your name even at Maruti. This has to be done only at one of those authorised service workshops where you have to meet the manager and show your RC and ID and they will put in a request to their Regional HQ. This process takes 2 weeks or so.

For all Maruti vehicles in KA, the HSRP plates can only be done via bookmyhsrp.
Rosmerta are the authorised vendors.
We need to fill in the details of engine and chassis numbers from the RC.
Choose LMV Class.
Then pick the nearest dealer delivery point.
Pay for the plates on the PG. Maybe 765 Rupees or so.
You will get an sms confirmation.
Around a week later you ll get another sms saying your plates have been dispatched.
And then after a couple of days another sms saying your plates are at the dealer and can be installed.
Go there in the second half of the day just to be sure.
And get it fixed. They will rivet the plates into the front bumper and at the rear, onto the number plate holder. No escaping that. And they will also paste the HSRP sticker which comes packed along with the HSRP plates, on the windshield. No escaping that either.
They do not give the typical OEM square type of number plates that come at the rear of the Gypsy. We only get the rectangular ones. Thats a sadness. But nothing one can do.

The above is exactly what I did for my Gypsy. However mine is a stock civilian, BLR purchased and KA registered vehicle.

The option of Maruti service centre sorting the HSRP issue didn't help :(

So today I visited Maruti Authorised service centre (Bimal Auto agency Whitefield) for enquiring about HSRP for my 2021 KA01 registered army auctioned-Gypsy.

I met one of the service executive and made him understand the case about how army-auctioned vehicles directly registered at RTOs did not get HSRP while registering and would need your assistance in including the vehicle details in your system and issuing of HSRP by maruti directly. The person said they cannot help in this regard and asked me to approach KA01 RTO instead.

Has anyone else approached dealer/service center for such case ?
Any specific Maruti authorised service center that anyone would suggest so that I can try again ?
Old 11th November 2023, 12:19   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

I have a vehicle re-registered to KA in Dec 2020/Jan 2021, and not able to book the plates either.

Btw, from your list, I dont think the traffic police can help. IMO the RTO needs to initiate the facility for folks like us to get the plates. Though, in your case, you should have been able to get it - the websites are not allowing booking for vehicles registered after Jan 2020.
Facing the same issue for my army-auctioned Gypsy re-registered in Jan2021 at KA01 RTO. I hope RTOs initiate HSRP process for such vehicles, something inline with what Odisha RTOs did for locally manufactured trailers. Approaching Maruti service centre for plates did not help me either.
Old 11th November 2023, 19:54   #530
BHPian

I got the HSRP plates fixed for my 2004 Alto from Kalyani Motors, Brookefield. I ordered them from https://bookmyhsrp.com/ .

It was a super smooth and systematic experience. I was in and out within 45 minutes. The delay was only due to the other cars waiting in the same time slot. They seem to have assigned a dedicated Service Advisor to drive this work, which was a hassle-free experience.

The plate quality seems to be fine. I refused the number plate frame that they offered, and they didn't push for it. They were particular about affixing the color sticker on the windshield.

I got a message that the HSRP laser codes were uploaded to the VAHAN portal from Rosmerta the same evening.
Old 12th November 2023, 15:05   #531
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
How do I verify if the new plates have been updated on Vahan?
You will receive a SMS like this:
Your HSRP laser codes are uploaded to VAHAN portal
Team Rosmerta

It may take a day or two even, just be patient.

I received the SMS conforming that the plates have been delivered to the dealer (the one I had chosen for fitment when placing the order) a day after I got the plates fixed on the scheduled date!
In fact I received both these messages a day after my appointment.

Last edited by NPV : 12th November 2023 at 15:07.
Old 12th November 2023, 15:11   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Strolled around my gated community and was astonished and frankly disappointed seeing the number of vehicles without HSRPs!

If this is the state of affairs after repeated alerts from RTO, GoKA & the media, then I don’t know what to say about very wealthy and / or highly educated people.

I dearly hope the RTO cracks down after the deadline.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 15:27   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Strolled around my gated community and was astonished and frankly disappointed seeing the number of vehicles without HSRPs!

If this is the state of affairs after repeated alerts from RTO, GoKA & the media, then I don’t know what to say about very wealthy and / or highly educated people.

I dearly hope the RTO cracks down after the deadline.
Let them first improve the roads and public facilities for which we are already paying road tax and other such taxes. Then they can implement all these rules and regulations regarding plates.

The only thing these guys know is how to fleece ordinary people in the name of law. Their own work receives zero importance.

I am HSRP ready.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 16:18   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I received the SMS conforming that the plates have been delivered to the dealer (the one I had chosen for fitment when placing the order) a day after I got the plates fixed on the scheduled date!
In fact I received both these messages a day after my appointment.
No such messages for dispatch, delivery or confirmation that the plates are updated on Vahan. 3 days up, will call the dealership tomorrow and enquire.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 16:29   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
No such messages for dispatch, delivery or confirmation that the plates are updated on Vahan. 3 days up, will call the dealership tomorrow and enquire.
May be go to the dealership.

For the set I had ordered, I got one SMS that it is ready for despatch - this was on the day of the appointment. No further updates. Yesterday I dropped by at the dealership to check status. The plates had been delivered about 7-8 hours after that "ready for despatch" SMS. There were no updates that the plates had been delivered.

About updates to the Parivahan portal - the staff person at the dealership was honest enough to say that they have 100's of uploads yet to be done. Wonder when will it all be completed.
Old 13th November 2023, 09:19   #536
Senior - BHPian

I ordered HSRP through the book my... website on 1st November. The earliest date was 11th Nov for fitment. I made the payment online (525 something ) for the TVS Wego.
I did not get any SMS or updates. On the appointed date, called up the number provided of TVS. They asked to come over.
I went initially to the service center, they redirected me to the showroom.
Went to the showroom, the person fitting the plates tried to remove the rear plates. He informed one of the screws is worn off and I need to have it cut on my own. Redirected me to a nearby garage where they further sent me to an independent gas welder. After a wait of 20+ minutes, he finally cut the screw. Went back to the showroom and they fit the new plates. Since mine was a 2011 model, the new number plates need to be drilled at a place where the holes would cover the number, hence they asked me to buy a separate clamp costing 50 Rs. There is a special type of pin and a plier which they use, which possibly ensures the plate cannot be removed without special tools.

After this experience, I am pretty upset with TVS for not taking care of removing the old plate on their own. If they are entrusted with the responsibility of fitting new plates, they should have all tools to remove the old plates as well, especially where the vehicle is over 10 yrs old and it is highly likely that the screws may have rusted. I wasted 2 hours of my time for something which should have taken 10 mins.
Old 13th November 2023, 18:15   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
I have a question about the date - What happens to vehicles registered in April 2019 or later? Are those exempt as of now and will be asked to change at a later date? Or, are they assumed to already have HSRP installed?

How do I explain this to the average eager-to-collect-fine constable that is going to stop my car and ask why I don't have HSRP?
I also faced a similar situation, my I20 was registered on 9th April 2019 and did not get HSRP. When i tried to get HSRP in June / July, i got the same error. However, interestingly when i tried to order HSRP after the Government notification in September, i did not get this error on BookmyHSRP.com. I would suggest booking on bookmyhsrp. If the issue persists, use the option of replacement instead of the new option.

I still face issue with my Getz as the manufacturer is mentioned as "others" instead of HMIL. I need to visit the RTO to get this rectified. The fitness was renewed in the month of October, and we are yet to receive the Renewed RC. Lot of tricky situations here.

Last edited by samuelv : 13th November 2023 at 18:20. Reason: Sentence formation change
samuelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 09:27   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelv View Post
I would suggest booking on bookmyhsrp. If the issue persists, use the option of replacement instead of the new option.
No, You can not order from any manufacturer at random. Each of the manufacturers have certain brands under their fold and only for those brand can you order HSRP with them. Example, you can not order Mercedes with Bookmyhsrp as that brand is with Makymyhsrp. Same goes for all brands.

The reason it became available after notification for you is because the manufacturer could enable Karnataka only after the notification and not before for vehicles registered prior to Apr 2019.

And if this is your first time, you can not use "replacement" option as it will lookup the Vahan portal and if there is no prior HSRP, it will decline. Also it will ask for existing laser codes.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 11:13   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Just placed order for a HSRP for my 2007 RTR 160(FC renewed last year). 527 INR for 2 wheeler motorbike. Do we need to take a print out of Appointment receipt or softcopy would be enough?

Am surprised there's no installation center in Electronic city inspite of having so many TVS showrooms/ASCs? Nearest one seemed to be in HSR and that too appointment was available only in Nov.
Got this done at Kubera TVS HSR layout. Reached dot at 5pm(appointment time). Another gentleman was getting his done, waited for 15 minutes and then mine was done. Absolutely fuss-free.

As I read a few comments mentioning bad quality of stickering, tried scratching but seems to be ok for now. Let’s see how it hold up when my carwash guy washes the bike.
Old 14th November 2023, 14:04   #540
BHPian

I have tried atleast 10 times since this morning to book an appointment for my old Honda Activa 3g HSRP and it just says select another appointment date" after going through the entire process and selecting an available slot. (FYI i have chosen various dates between 17-Nov-23 to Feb 2024 and same error)
I tried various combinations as part of my ten attempts and have not yet been successful.
Any advise appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp-error.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks