Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2023, 17:16   #511
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Ordered HSRP for my Maruti Ritz on 31st Oct and took an appointment for tomorrow - 9th Nov at Mandovi Motors close to my place of stay.
Hi n_aditya, You will have to wait for an SMS from the Vendor stating that the Plates are either Ready for Delivery or have been Delivered at the Dealership.

Either way please call the Dealership on the Day of Appointment, which in this case is Tomorrow 09th November, prior to making the Trip and confirm, as this is what I did for my Cousin's Car Today.
KHegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 18:55   #512
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to book a sticker alone for my car on bookmyhsrp.com. When I try to submit the request, I keep getting the error "Please enter valid front laser code". I have verified it from the number plates on my car and the number which is etched on the number plate is what I am entering for that field. Is there anything that I am doing incorrectly?
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-annotation-20231108-185305.jpg  

Old 8th November 2023, 20:53   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered HSRP for my Maruti Ritz on 31st Oct and took an appointment for tomorrow - 9th Nov at Mandovi Motors close to my place of stay.

I called the dealership to check if they have the plates and they said no. Apparently, I would get an SMS on dispatch and another on the date of delivery but I have no SMS yet.
Similar situation with HSRP for a Hero scooter. No SMS yet, through appointment is for tomorrow. I called the dealership and their person said to come the next day. She also said, they hold the plates for +3 days from the date of appointment (didnt ask what next).

Note - did get SMS for two other sets that I have booked so far,
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 12:13   #514
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered the HSRP for our Wagon R on Nov 1 - started on the siam website, after selection of Car manufacturer, etc it navigated to the bookmyhsrp website (Rosemerta) and then that site didn't let me proceed with the HSRP order process. After a few minutes, I went directly to the bookmyhsrp site and placed the order easily (luckily no Vaahan validation errors, etc like others have reported). I took the earliest available appointment which was for today at Bimal motors on Inner Ring Road, Domlur.

The time slot was 10am-12pm. It took a good 30-35 minutes both ways for what is just about 5Km! I reached there around 11am, there were 2 Bimal employees guiding people at the corner of the road. I just gave the guy inside the Bimal showroom a printout of my appointment, signed on a register and he gave me a paper token that I then handed over to the guy who fixed the plates. I was third in line, and it took under 15 minutes including the waiting time to get it done and drive out.

I didn't have to tell them anything because all items in my checklist ticked the boxes:
1. RTO sticker should have correct vehicle number, date of registration and colour code Blue for Petrol vehicle
2. The laser etched number on lower left corner of each number plate - plate with odd number goes in front, even at the back

*I preferred to take back the old plates, just for some peace of mind since I didn't want anyone misusing them. To their credit, they were folding all old plates and dumping them in a large bucket.

I've also ordered the HSRP for the Honda Aviator scooter, but the earliest appointment I could get was for first week of December!

Quote:
Who can I call to check on the status? Do I just head to the dealership tomorrow at the booked appointment time?
I received an SMS yesterday saying the plates have been dispatched, so I just headed to the dealership today.
On the order confirmation, I had the name and number of the "Fitment Person" and I tried calling the person yesterday to confirm if I can go over today, but I didn't get any response.

Last edited by NPV : 9th November 2023 at 12:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 12:33   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHegde View Post
Hi n_aditya, You will have to wait for an SMS from the Vendor stating that the Plates are either Ready for Delivery or have been Delivered at the Dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Similar situation with HSRP for a Hero scooter. No SMS yet, through appointment is for tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I received an SMS yesterday saying the plates have been dispatched, so I just headed to the dealership today.
Thanks for the replies gents. Much appreciated.

I called the dealership this morning (the person whose name and number was mentioned in my appointment receipt) and he said the plates of those who had appointments yesterday arrived only late in the evening. Some 90+ customers were due to have these installed.

He asked me to call in the afternoon and plan accordingly.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 12:50   #516
BHPian

Quote:

He asked me to call in the afternoon and plan accordingly.
Hi n_aditya, As discussed earlier, please Call the Dealership before making the Trip. Ideally, you should be in and out of the Dealership in 10-15 minutes.

On another note, as another Member has pointed out, please make sure that the correct color coded stickers are affixed to your Vehicle's Windshield i.e. Orange for Diesel Vehicles, Blue for Petrol/CNG etc..

One other important point, that I clean forgot to mention during Yesterday's HSRP Installation at Nexa Mandovi Motors, Palace Grounds, that may be of interest to other Members; there was no checking of Documents by Nexa Staff - whether RC Card, Aadhaar, or Booking Appointment. Though I was carrying Hardcopies of all 3. They did not even verify whether I was the Owner of the Vehicle or how I am related to the Owner.

Last edited by KHegde : 9th November 2023 at 12:59. Reason: Important point missed being mentioned.
KHegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 13:40   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
. Is there anything that I am doing incorrectly?
One probability is that when you got the plates earlier, they had missed / entered wrong laser code numbers in the vaahan portal. That may be the reason its not taking it even after you give the correct details as per the numberplate.
Old 9th November 2023, 13:42   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
When I try to submit the request, I keep getting the error "Please enter valid front laser code".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
One probability is that when you got the plates earlier, they had missed / entered wrong laser code numbers in the vaahan portal.
Another is that the plates are installed the wrong way - the one meant for front is installed at the back and vice versa.
Old 9th November 2023, 14:19   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. he said the plates of those who had appointments yesterday arrived only late in the evening. .
There seems some small delay in the delivery of the plates to the dealerships. I had booked for today, but got the SMS only today morning that the plate is ready for despatch. Now waiting for second SMS that it has reached the dealership.
Old 9th November 2023, 19:25   #520
BHPian

Got the registration plates fitted at home through Bookmyhsrp. The whole process was smooth. Got an SMS two days prior appointment intimating the plates being ready for dispatched. The technician called in the morning to reconfirm the appointment and gave a tentative time.

He reached sharp on time and the whole process lasted 5 minutes. Within 15 minutes of installation got another SMS intimating successful upload on Vahan portal. But the quality of plates are pretty average and doesn't seem the print would last that long.
Old 9th November 2023, 19:27   #521
BHPian

Got my Front windshield replaced today on my vehicle and is it mandatory to get the replacement HSRP stickers as well for the vehicle and if so please do let me know the procedure to get the stickers only.

I tried to order the replacement stickers on bookmyhsrp.com and the website is throwing an error stating "Please enter valid front laser code" even though I have entered appropriate laser code. (I tried to switch the laser code with back and front, still the error is same)

Also when I tried it on makemyhsrp.co.in but this website provides another message stating "The registration date of this CHASSIS NUMBER/VIN NUMBER/FRAME NUMBER is after 31/12/2021.".
Old 9th November 2023, 20:36   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Got my Front windshield replaced today on my vehicle and is it mandatory to get the replacement HSRP stickers as well for the vehicle and if so please do let me know the procedure to get the stickers only.
I got the hsrp windshield sticker only for my Honda Jazz today.

Initially I foo failed to order online, trying several times going through the link from www.siam.in website which directed to www.ordermyhsrp.com.
I mailed the customer care and got a prompt reply, saying ordering only the sticker needs to be done by the car dealer.

I then contacted Magnum Honda who ordered it in a couple of days time! They charged me 200 bucks.
Neur0t0xin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 12:20   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There seems some small delay in the delivery of the plates to the dealerships.
This could be because of the rush to get HSRP as the earlier dead lines are also fast approaching.
Old 10th November 2023, 13:16   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had booked for today, but got the SMS only today morning that the plate is ready for despatch. Now waiting for second SMS that it has reached the dealership.
I called the dealership contact this morning and he confirmed the plates reached yesterday and I can go in today for the installation. For some strange reason, the SMS for either dispatch or delivery is yet to reach me, though my phone number in the booking is correct.
Old 10th November 2023, 18:04   #525
Senior - BHPian

Got the HSRP installation completed for my Ritz in under 15 mins. Reached the dealer service station, signed in the register, collected the bubble wrapped plates, took the car across the road where two men were installing the new plates.

They completed the job promptly but tried coaxing me to get the frame for the plates (500 bucks) which I declined. I was told that the Vahan portal will get updated and I will receive an SMS within 10 mins. Been 2 hours and no SMS either from Rosmerta or Vahan

How do I verify if the new plates have been updated on Vahan?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks