Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2023, 21:09   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I had an HSRP installation appointment for my Polo today (booked via makemyhsrp.com / Celex) at Volkswagen Whitefield (Apple Auto), Mahadevapura...
Today I visited the same place for my annual service. And while there...

Quote:
The technician [...] used the same screws to fix the new plates. I asked him about the rivets, he said - and I quote - "our machine for doing that is faulty".
I got the SA to arrange for fixing the plates properly with the rivets. He did it without any fuss.

Quote:
is there something that says the first serial number in the sticker must be of the front plate and the second, of the rear plate? I noticed yesterday that this order is maintained in my Ford but the VW guys swapped them.
The SA fixed this error also (moved the rear plate to front and vice versa).
Old 31st October 2023, 21:47   #497
BHPian

Important Info:

Make sure you have got the correct color-coded sticker for your windshield with your HSRP plates, the color is mainly to differentiate between the type of fuel for the vehicle and may become an issue with the cops in you have the wrong one pasted. I had got my HSRP plates fitted a month ago and recently I discovered that the sticker pasted was of the wrong format (color). I didn't know about the color-coded stickers back then hence sharing it below for everyone's benefit:

Petrol/CNG Vehicle - Blue
Diesel Vehicle - Orange
Electric Vehicle - Green
Note: Additional green strip on the top of the sticker indicates that the car is BS-VI compliant

Name:  Sticker.png
Views: 959
Size:  85.6 KB

P.S. I have already sent a email to BookMyHSRP support regarding the mistake, waiting for their reply now. I will update once I hear from them.

Source: IndianAutosBlog
Funny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 23:21   #498
BHPian

I got the HSRPs for my RE Classic 500 fixed today at the RE showroom in Rajajinagar. The whole thing was totally fuss free and there were no extra charges.
It is important to call before you go. Although my appointment was for 11am, they asked me to come after 3:30 pm.
The rear plate was riveted but on the older bikes they used screws for the front.
I suppose it is possible to rivet the HSRP onto the older plate and then use screws to fix them in place but it seemed too much of a fuss and the plate would have to be drilled at four points so I let it be.
The quality of the HSRP from Shimnit is terrible. Each letter and number on the plate is a piece of abstract art.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20231031231639488.png  

Last edited by Roy.S : 31st October 2023 at 23:23. Reason: Spacing
Roy.S is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 23:28   #499
BHPian

Got HSRP plates fixed for two vehicles this week. Number Plate quality leaves a lot to be desired.

TVS Wego - Selected the India Motors TVS dealer on Sarjapur Road. Reached an hour early. Was informed by another gentleman waiting to get his plates fixed that we need to collect HSRP plates from a TVS showroom 300 meters ahead and come back to fix at service center. As such a smooth process over in a span of 20 min. No money asked. Front plate fixed by screws while rear was riveted.

Thunderbird 350 - Selected Jagdamba Motors Whitefield. Was decent experience. Probably mine was the only appointment. Was charged Rs. 50 for getting the plates fixed. Both front and back plates riveted.
Old 1st November 2023, 08:44   #500
BHPian

I only needed the HSRP windshield sticker for my vehicle and I ordered them via bookmyhsrp. I had removed the sticker on day 1, stupidly so.

I chose the "Stickers only" option on the website. The system itself was hassle free, though it took a while to figure why it was not accepting my uploads of pictures of the existing number plates ( you can only upload photos worth 1.5MB cumulatively ), finally figured it and placed the order.

I called the dealer a day before the appointment and I was told that the stickers were not received; the dealers and the vendors working with Rosemerta were helpful ( though Rosemerta's own support line was not being answered ). Even the dealers were not sulking etc : and were fully supportive. Overall decent experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Important Info:

Note: Additional green strip on the top of the sticker indicates that the car is BS-VI compliant
Didn't realize this. Does anyone have a picture of how this green strip looks ? I got my stickers, they were colour coded right, but I didn't get the green strip despite being BS6 compliant.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd November 2023 at 11:20. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
Old 1st November 2023, 09:12   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Didn't realize this. Does anyone have a picture of how this green strip looks ? I got my stickers, they were colour coded right, but I didn't get the green strip despite being BS6 compliant.
I don't think there is any green strip. I have 2021 petrol model and blue color sticker is pasted.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 10:25   #502
BHPian

Just got the HSRP plates fitted on my Polo at VW Palace Cross yesterday. It was quite a seamless process.

However, I wasn't aware of the colour code for the stickers and didn't receive the coloured sticker, just the transparent one. Who should I get in touch with to get the coloured sticker? Are they supposed to be handed out by the same dealer during installation?
Old 1st November 2023, 10:52   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I don't think there is any green strip. I have 2021 petrol model and blue color sticker is pasted.
Thanks. I rechecked the original sticker on my windshield from 1.5 years ago, it does have that green strip on top ( where you would see "TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT OF XXXX" ). I spoke to a vendor and he confirmed that that is the norm. But if sticker reissued - I'm not sure if everyone getting the green strip if vehicle BS6. We should be actually.

Looks like I need another visit :/
Old 1st November 2023, 11:00   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Thanks. I rechecked the original sticker on my windshield from 1.5 years ago, it does have that green strip on top ( where you would see "TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT OF XXXX" ). I spoke to a vendor and he confirmed that that is the norm. But if sticker reissued - I'm not sure if everyone getting the green strip if vehicle BS6. We should be actually.

Looks like I need another visit :/
This is my sticker (original as pasted by the dealer) and there is no green color strip. I don't remember seeing any green strip on other cars but will keep any eye in my society. May be replacement sticker or new stickers now a days come with such strip, not sure.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231101_105728.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2023, 11:18   #505
BHPian

Karnataka to extend HSRP fixation deadline beyond Nov 17

The Karnataka High Court last week ordered a partial pause on an earlier single bench order directing the implementation of approval processes for high-security vehicle registration plate manufacturers.

The Karnataka transport department is set to extend the deadline beyond November 17 for affixing HSRP (high security registration plates) in old vehicles registered before April 1, 2019.

This comes in the backdrop of low affixations and the Karnataka High Court directing the state government to extend the deadline based on a PIL by the High Security Registration Plate Manufacturers Association of India. According to the transport department, out of the two crore vehicles that need HSRP affixation, only 2.6 lakh vehicles have finished the process.

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...ov-17-9008019/
vivek_k_p is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 10:28   #506
BHPian

Got HSRP fitted for my Swift, Suzuki Gixxer and Scooty last week.
There were no updates after booking, except the message that the plates are delivered at the dealer.

Only for scooty I have to buy the additional plastic frames since the previous holes were not matching.

Surprisingly after installation, I received sms that HSRP plates for car are being dispached.

Last edited by rrswift : 4th November 2023 at 10:29. Reason: spell check
Old 4th November 2023, 19:14   #507
Senior - BHPian

I got HSRP fitted to my car (2016 S-Cross) yesterday. It was a smooth process. I logged on to SIAM website to order the plates. Order process on the website was super quick. It was only after I got the order confirmation that I realised that the vendor was Rosemerta. Order placed October 24th, booked appointment with dealer for November 3rd 10am - 12 noon. I got only SMS alert of plates being dispatched to the dealer, and that was on Oct 31st.

When I reached the dealership to get the plates fitted, there was a long queue of people waiting to get plates fitted so had to wait an hour for my turn. I opted for the frame.

My car is a BS4 diesel, but the sticker was clear - no colour coding. Person who fitted the plates took photos when he was done. In the evening, got SMS confirmation that HSRP details were uploaded into the Vaahan database.
Old 4th November 2023, 19:46   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
My car is a BS4 diesel, but the sticker was clear - no colour coding.
There are two stickers - one, the clear individual sticker with the registration number and the plate serial numbers and two, the colour-coded standardised sticker. You are supposed to paste the latter on top of the former so that when looked at from outside, the numbers are seen with the correctly-coloured background.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 09:19   #509
Senior - BHPian

Ordered HSRP for my Maruti Ritz on 31st Oct and took an appointment for tomorrow - 9th Nov at Mandovi Motors close to my place of stay.

I called the dealership to check if they have the plates and they said no. Apparently, I would get an SMS on dispatch and another on the date of delivery but I have no SMS yet.

Tried calling the phone number listed on https://bookmyhsrp.com/BookMyHSRP_ContactUs.aspx - 8929 7222 01 and either the call gets disconnected on the first ring or it connects to the IVR and after selecting the right options, it just rings and no one picks up.

Who can I call to check on the status? Do I just head to the dealership tomorrow at the booked appointment time?
Old 8th November 2023, 16:58   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHegde View Post
Hello, Just placed an Order for HSRP with Sticker for my Cousin's Zen Estilo at Mandovi Nexa, Palace Orchards on Tuesday, 07th November.
An Update: For my Cousin's Zen Estilo we were able to visit the Showroom Today & get the Number Plates affixed, order placed through Bookmyhsrp.

The Sticker was affixed on the Windshield & also received the SMS from Rosmerta stating that the Laser Codes have been uploaded to the Vahan Portal.

On another note, a Relative,based out of Uppala, Kerala, had got his HSRP installed for his Honda Activa through Orderyourhsrp at Matrix Auto Corporation, Kodialbail, Mangalore on Monday, 06th November. However, we did not receive any updates on whether the details have been uploaded on the Vahan Portal.
KHegde is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks