Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 19:56   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

High security number plates: Karnataka HC keeps order in abeyance
For folks who were hoping that Karnataka HC would stay the Government of Karnataka order asking for mandatory HSRP installation. The division bench of Karnataka HC has only put one part of the order from the single bench in abeyanance. Which means that the order from Government of Karnataka stands, while they need to work with the number plate manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers on how to get accreditation etc.

Last edited by Aditya : 26th October 2023 at 22:15. Reason: Abbreviation
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 11:01   #482
BHPian

I have ordered for home installation for upcoming weekend. How do I track its status? If I go to the "Track Status" page and query by car details, all it states is the receipt info with QR code and all. I'm looking for live status tracking like we do for courier delivery, given that I'm just 2 days away from the date of installation. Is there no such status tracker?
Old 27th October 2023, 15:56   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the HSRP done for my Vento. Was actually surprised that it all went very smooth. I had booked the appointment for Oct 21st back in mid September as that was the only date showing available. Oct 16th I got a mail telling that the HSRP process for my car has started. Post that there was no message or reminder and I completely forgot and missed the 21st date. On 24th got a message from Celex that I had missed the appointment and asking to reschedule. Reschedule only showed options for December.

After the holiday weekend, today called up Volkswagen JP Nagar where my appointment was. Expected to be taken around in circles. As soon as I said HSRP, the lady said she will send me number of contact person. She promptly sent it, I called the person who confirmed that the plates are there and I can come any time. Immediately went and was done in 15 min.

When I missed the appointment date, thought I would have to go in circles or restart the whole thing. Thankfully that was not required.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have ordered for home installation for upcoming weekend. How do I track its status? If I go to the "Track Status" page and query by car details, all it states is the receipt info with QR code and all. I'm looking for live status tracking like we do for courier delivery, given that I'm just 2 days away from the date of installation. Is there no such status tracker?
I don't think there is a status tracker. As mentioned above, I did not even get any message on the appointment date. I did get a message that processing has started.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 27th October 2023 at 15:59.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 16:56   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Got the HSRP done for my Vento. Was actually surprised that it all went very smooth. I had booked the appointment for Oct 21st back in mid September as that was the only date showing available. Oct 16th I got a mail telling that the HSRP process for my car has started. Post that there was no message or reminder and I completely forgot and missed the 21st date...
3 weeks ago (when I placed the order) I did get an SMS saying my HSRP is ready for dispatch, but thereafter no more SMS's. I called their call center today, they said not to worry, it is scheduled to be brought in person by a Rosmerta guy to my installation-location, and he'll call a few hours before reaching.

Yeah, it is a smooth process, got it done for my wife's car too about 2 months ago, no issues whatsoever.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th October 2023 at 20:28. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 27th October 2023, 17:21   #485
BHPian

Hello, Just placed an Order for HSRP with Sticker for my Cousin's Zen Estilo at Mandovi Nexa, Palace Orchards on Tuesday, 07th November.
Old 27th October 2023, 18:50   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
When I try to order the number plates from https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php, I am getting this message.

1. Your vehicle details did not match with VAHAN records. Kindly re-check and enter correct credentials.
2. Vahan Response: Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM.

My scooter is Honda Activa from 2004 model.
Anyone else is getting this message? If so, what needs to be done?
I am getting the same error for my Honda Active 2005 model. If you have found a way forward can you please update?
Old 27th October 2023, 19:54   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am getting the same error for my Honda Active 2005 model. If you have found a way forward can you please update?
Did you check the 'Maker Name' of your vehicle in the Digilocker app? In my case, it is showing 'Others'. So, I need to get this corrected first from RTO. I am yet to find a time to get this done.

Last edited by kavensri : 27th October 2023 at 20:06.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2023, 12:20   #488
BHPian

Happened to install HSRP's on two of my vehicles, Toyota Fortuner at Ravindu Motors and KTM at Popular Bajaj Rajajinagar. Both the experiences were above average and the installation was done with Rivets and no money demanded for anything. In fact at Toyota, there was a clip missing in the bumper due to which the rivet wasn't getting fit, and the person obliged to get them from his parts store and install it. Was more than a pleasant experience ordering and getting the HSRP's installed. No documentation was demanded at Toyota. However, at Bajaj, they did ask for RC and the acknowledgement. Also though my appointment at Toyota was at 11, went there only by evening 6 and they made no fuss about it.

Overall satisfied with the quality of the plates and hope they last. Was planning to upgrade my plates for a long time now and this was a suitable reason for doing so. Two down and two more to go.

Last edited by kaushiksudra : 28th October 2023 at 12:21. Reason: addition
Old 28th October 2023, 19:59   #489
BHPian

I'm facing a lot of problems getting the HSRP plates for my Volvo cars (XC90 and S60 Polestar). First, they were considered as trucks instead of cars by Bookmyhsrp (authorized vendor by SIAM) and the dealer Martial Motors, isn't authorized for installation even now.

After lots of talks with Bookmyhsrp team, they said I could get the plates installed at home, but unfortunately, they cover only 1% of Karnataka's pin codes for this service. The manager of Bookmyhsrp asked me to use a specific code 560001 and I enter Martial Motors showroom address for the installation. But when they came for the installation yesterday, they brought truck plates, not car plates, even though my registration certificate (RC) says it's a LMV (Light Motor Vehicle).

The bookmyhsrp manager said their system works automatically with Vahan Portal which according to them Volvo Group India Pvt Ltd means trucks and for cars it has to be Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd. They want me to change the manufacturer's name on the RC to Volvo Auto India Pvt Ltd.

Both of my cars RC say that the manufacturer is Volvo Group India Pvt Ltd.

Another authorized vendor, Celex (Fiat and Mitsubishi) doesn't allow payments if there's a mismatch with RC and Vahan Portal, while bookmyhsrp seems to be accepting payments even when the details don't match, which seems wrong. There are no refunds once payment is made for HSRP with Bookmyhsrp.

This whole experience has been really tough. Many people across Karnataka are facing similar issues. I am glad that Karnataka High Court has stayed the entire process.

I'm considering taking the matter to the High Court regarding this issue. Dealing with the court seems more feasible than the RTO for changing the manufacturer's name on the RC. I'm aware of at least 20 other individuals who have encountered the same problem.

Last edited by mjumrani : 28th October 2023 at 20:05. Reason: More information
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 08:10   #490
BHPian

Could we get the HSRP plates for KA registered car in Mumbai?

Also, when once I select the state and tab out, getting the below error message.
Is there a workaround for this error?

Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp-error.jpg  

Old 30th October 2023, 14:17   #491

I have vehicle registered on 12th April 2019 and unable to apply for HSRP online.

Issue:
As vehicle is registered in April 2019, new HSRP request is showing as "Old Vehicle Allowed upto 31-03-2019" and when I request for replacement, "HSRP Not Applied Yet. Please use Book New HSRP option"

Below are the steps I tried.
Contacted --
1. HSRP Dealer support
2. Vehicle dealership support
3. RTO (KA01)
4. Traffic police station
5. Transport Department and BlrCitypolice (via Twitter and telephone)

No resolution received by any of them yet.

Anyone else faced this issue? If so, able to resolve and how?
rekoj68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 17:04   #492
Senior - BHPian

I just now booked HSRP for my Figo and XUV500. Earliest dates for dealership installation I got were 17th and 18th Nov. Unfortunately the site had no options for home installation in Whitefield area.
Old 30th October 2023, 18:20   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Also, when once I select the state and tab out, getting the below error message.
Is there a workaround for this error?.
It's a server side error. Try again a couple of times at different times of the day, and you will get through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekoj68 View Post
I have vehicle registered on 12th April 2019 and unable to apply for HSRP online.
I have a vehicle re-registered to KA in Dec 2020/Jan 2021, and not able to book the plates either.

Btw, from your list, I dont think the traffic police can help. IMO the RTO needs to initiate the facility for folks like us to get the plates. Though, in your case, you should have been able to get it - the websites are not allowing booking for vehicles registered after Jan 2020.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 18:55   #494

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Though, in your case, you should have been able to get it - the websites are not allowing booking for vehicles registered after Jan 2020.
Website is not helping. Hence checked if there is any solution.
Old 31st October 2023, 17:04   #495
Senior - BHPian

For those facing the issue because of "Others" mentioned as the maker's name on Vahan, please submit a letter to the registered RTO. I did this and a week later, I was able to book HSRP for our 2006 Honda City. I submitted it physically and did not need a agent.

I have attached the template I used.

Thank you to automata for providing another template and the resolution for this pesky issue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by automata View Post
To correct this I submitted a requisition letter to correct the mistake to the RTO. They signed the letter and asked me to take a photo as acknowledgement. They said it would take 10 days for the change to reflect.
Around 9 days later when I tried to apply for HSRP again, it worked. Just got my HSRP fitted.
Attached Files
File Type: docx HSRP Lettter (Template).docx (12.9 KB, 413 views)
ashwin.terminat is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed