Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 18:58   #466
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Can you check the web sites of 1)The state police 2)MVD of the state in which you got the petty case? These web sites may have options to pay fine online.
I think now all of these has been transferred to Vahan. I could find another fine for seatbelt, in e-chellans section, but not the speed camera one. Its from Kerala MVD. Long back, I did pay once using MVD website. But now, the instruction says to call any RTO/SRTO to get the vahan login details( Looks like they will initiate it to your linked mobile phone). Then through vahan site payment section, we can do the payment.

Yet to try.

Reference:
https://mvd.kerala.gov.in/en/fine-remittance
mykal shoemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 19:19   #467
BHPian

I have a pre-2019 MH registered Kwid that I've been using in Bengaluru for ~8 months which doesn't have the HSRP. I have a new car on order on whose arrival I'll be selling off the Kwid, mostly through Spinny or similar. Now I don't have a confirmation on the date when the new car will be delivered except for it coming "sometime in November". So my question is - should I still go in for the HSRP replacement?

I don't know how Spinny works, but my assumption is they'll sell the car off in Maharashtra as the car is still registered there, and AFAIK this rule isn't effective in Maharashtra yet. In which case, this is just an unnecessary expenditure of time and money on my part.
Old 19th October 2023, 20:11   #468
Senior - BHPian

To be or not to be
is the question.

The honorable minister for Transport, Government of Karnataka is pretty laid back about the implementation of the HSRP deadline.

He had this to say about the issue:

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20231019_195008.jpg

Interestingly, the same report in The Hindu suggests that only 1.75 lakh out of the 2 crore mandated vehicles have fallen in line till now.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20231019_194813.jpg

It is almost certain that the deadline will have to be extended further. There's no way the remaining steeds will be able to fall in line in the next 30 days.

x x x

A Personal Query

I had ordered HSRPs for my car in February 2022. The plates were delivered to me and I have fixed it myself, by reusing the screws that came with the earlier plates.

To the best of my knowledge, the details have not yet been uploaded to the VAHAN portal. Is there a way I can do it myself or should I have to approach the dealer?
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 21:35   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
I'm not sure how serious our government is about implementing the HSRP for automobiles that were registered prior to 2019. Because I recently purchased new HSRP license plates for my Dominar from bookmyhsrp.com (Rosmerta), I thought the whole thing was a fraud.
Unexpected Customer Service
On the 14th of October, I received a call from an unknown number, identifying himself as Madhukar from Karnataka HSRP. He informed me that he was arranging a new set of number plates to be affixed at my residence in response to my complaint about HSRP quality issues. asked to give my location on WhatsApp. In addition to blogging about my negative experience with Team-Bhp, I have not filed any complaints regarding poor quality HSRP anywhere. He also didn't sound confident enough, which temporarily raised my suspicions. Then I wondered: How did he acquire my details and phone number? He knew full well that I was having trouble with HSRP, so what's wrong with just disclosing the address? Prior to disclosing my whereabouts, I discussed this issue with my buddies. They gave their okay for me to disclose my location. What could go wrong, that he could find me and kidnap me? lol.

I shared my location and received an automated response saying, "Thank you for getting in touch with Rosmerta Safety System!" Tell us how we may help you, please. I messaged them to ask when I may expect HSRP plates because I hadn't heard from them in a day. I received a message on October 16 asking me to verify the registration number of my motorcycle. I received a picture of the printed license plate on WhatsApp six hours after confirmation. Once more, the front number plate's two numbers were improper. I made my mark on the picture and returned it. He sent me a picture of the new front plate within the following ten minutes.

Although it wasn't flawless, it was still significantly superior than my previous HSRP plates. He stated it was the best he could do for that. Installer Pavan called me on October 18th to ask my location and availability. He arrived in an hour, replaced the HSRP plates, and took pictures. I'm still curious, though. They took the initiative and satisfactorily handled my problem without my having to complain. I was able to solve my problem thanks to Arun1100's advice to report the problem on Tbhp, GTO, and the Rosmerta Team.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20231016wa0057.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20231016wa0059.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20231018_13033501.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20231018_13050501.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20231018_13051901.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 11:02. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Karthik1100 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 08:54   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Unexpected Customer Service
I was able to solve my problem thanks to Arun1100's advice to report the problem on Tbhp, GTO, and the Rosmerta Team.
Rosmerta as a Company seems responsive and also very sensitive to customer satisfaction. I had a similar great experience with them when I raised an issue on Ford Dealers not being available on their web site in the early days of implementation. Not only they addressed the issue at the back-end but also supported me in getting my HSRP installed. There was a minor error in the sticker and when I raised it, they sent the reprinted sticker home.

Most importantly the management and officials of the company kept following up till the issue was closed.

Very different and a pleasant experience unlike many other govt. mandated initiatives. Rosmerta Systems do stand out as a very customer focused organization.
nareshtrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 19:12   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Further update to my case : I had sent email to helpdesk-vahan@gov.in detailing my issue. They recommended me to go to the RTO, however they were able to resolve the issue by communicating with the RTO themselves. I was able to place the HSRP order. this is first time i got a quick resolution via for a RTO related issue.
I too got it resoved the same way. Out of curiosity I compared the vehicle history (on vahan.parivahan.gov.in) before and after the resolution. Previously the records in the 'owner details' section were not in the chronological order, now they are. The HSRP site probably simply picks the last record to check the status, and throws error if that is 'NOC Issued'.
Old 23rd October 2023, 17:18   #472

Can someone guide on how to get HSRP for vehicles registered directly at RTO eg: army auctioned vehicles / imported cars etc. which were not provided with HSRP by RTO when registered after April 2019?

Facing the hurdle for my army-auctioned Gypsy that was registered in 2021 at RTO by previous owner. It came with regular IND plates.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th October 2023 at 11:03. Reason: Formatting.
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:20   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I get the similar error as mentioned in my earlier post. In the RC, the "Maker Name" is mentioned as "Others" , however "Model Name" is "Honda Dio" and looks like this is the reason for not able to map the correct OEM/Manufacturer?

Can you check what is the "Maker Name" mentioned in your bike's RC? (In Parivahan)

Others getting this error can check the same.

The exact message is:
Hi....my RC also states the Manufacturer as "Others" and Model as "Getz GVS". I dont find Hyundai mentioned on my RC. Currently the car has been for Fitness Renewal and am waiting for the updated RC card to arrive. Hopefully on the new RC, the Manufacturer is mentioned correctly.

Is there any other solution if the Manufaturer is mentioned as "Others"
Old 25th October 2023, 00:25   #474
BHPian

I am getting "Server Error' at multiple places while booking for HSRP plates for Maruti in Karnataka. Has anyone else been able to book it? I was able to book for my Fiat easily, although that was more than a month back. Sometime, i get the error immediately after selecting the State and sometimes i get the error while entering the OTP sent to my phone etc I have tried 4-5 times already but always get some server error.
Old 25th October 2023, 07:25   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I am getting "Server Error' at multiple places while booking for HSRP plates for Maruti in Karnataka.
Faced this issue multiple times, for a Hero scooter. Finally got through yesterday evening.

Try again at diff times.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 09:51   #476
BHPian

"orderyourhsrp" site which is the site for Honda owners is pathetic. After filling out all the details, it times out at payment gateway. As usual, this is another one of those stupid government mandated rules which is being forced upon us without the required backend infrastructure in place.
Old 25th October 2023, 23:33   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Try again at diff times.
I was finally able to book the plates using my office laptop. However, the date for installation is 21st Dec, well past the Nov deadline. Has there been an extension till April 2024 or is that just a rumor?
Old 26th October 2023, 08:33   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I was finally able to book the plates using my office laptop. However, the date for installation is 21st Dec, well past the Nov deadline. Has there been an extension till April 2024 or is that just a rumor?
Relax. There has to be an extension. There are only 30k thereabout HSRPs done till now (as per recent newspaper reports).

Further, there are a couple of court cases where the courts are deliberating if the procedures are clearly defined and vendors selected in accordance with laid out norms for vendor selections. Additionally, there were comments by Officials in the media that they will decide closer to the date (the extension).

With all of these, it is safe to assume that the extension should happen and some more clarity will emerge on procedures and empaneled vendors.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 08:48   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Can someone guide on how to get HSRP for vehicles registered directly at RTO eg: army auctioned vehicles / imported cars etc. which were not provided with HSRP by RTO when registered after April 2019?

Facing the hurdle for my army-auctioned Gypsy that was registered in 2021 at RTO by previous owner. It came with regular IND plates.

Thanks in advance.
Make sure the RC is in your name and that the vehicle is registered in your name even at Maruti. This has to be done only at one of those authorised service workshops where you have to meet the manager and show your RC and ID and they will put in a request to their Regional HQ. This process takes 2 weeks or so.

For all Maruti vehicles in KA, the HSRP plates can only be done via bookmyhsrp.
Rosmerta are the authorised vendors.
We need to fill in the details of engine and chassis numbers from the RC.
Choose LMV Class.
Then pick the nearest dealer delivery point.
Pay for the plates on the PG. Maybe 765 Rupees or so.
You will get an sms confirmation.
Around a week later you ll get another sms saying your plates have been dispatched.
And then after a couple of days another sms saying your plates are at the dealer and can be installed.
Go there in the second half of the day just to be sure.
And get it fixed. They will rivet the plates into the front bumper and at the rear, onto the number plate holder. No escaping that. And they will also paste the HSRP sticker which comes packed along with the HSRP plates, on the windshield. No escaping that either.
They do not give the typical OEM square type of number plates that come at the rear of the Gypsy. We only get the rectangular ones. Thats a sadness. But nothing one can do.

The above is exactly what I did for my Gypsy. However mine is a stock civilian, BLR purchased and KA registered vehicle.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 26th October 2023 at 08:54.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 09:21   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Make sure the RC is in your name and that the vehicle is registered in your name even at Maruti. This has to be done only at one of those authorised service workshops where you have to meet the manager and show your RC and ID and they will put in a request to their Regional HQ. This process takes 2 weeks or so...

Thank you sir for the information.

Yes the RC/registeration is in my name. I had tried to book HSRP from the website bookmyhsrp, but since the vehicle registration year is 2021 ( which was directly registered at the RTO since it is an army-auctioned Gypsy ) the website did not allow the booking as bookmyhsrp only takes orders for only pre April 2019 registered vehicles.

I will try and contact the authorised Maruti service centre as per your suggestion and tell the situation that my army-auctioned Gypsy was registered directly at RTO in 2021 and hence was not provided with HSRP during rto registration process. Hoping they would help.

(N.B : It is a 2008 manufactured army-auctioned Gypsy registered in Bangalore RTO in the year 2021)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 26th October 2023 at 11:07. Reason: Trimmed quote.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks