Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 17:50   #451
Senior - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Got a pleasant surprise call today from KUN BMW saying my HSRP plates have arrived.
So I went there today and got them fixed along with the sticker on the windshield etc.
So now my Cooper is also fully legal as per KA rules.
Quick job done by the KUN folks. They really have been most helpful. So as usual tipped the fitment person and buzzed off.
Old 16th October 2023, 19:08   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I got this done today from Prerana. Took about 10 minutes. They told me they would upload details to Vahan but how do you confirm this? Is this from mParivahan app?
Got an SMS from CELEXT saying I had missed my HSRP installation, or if I had, then the details were missing. SMS had a link to log in and upload the details which I did yesterday. Got confirmation SMS today saying that the details are updated in the Vahan database. I am not sure if this can be verified though.
Old 17th October 2023, 15:59   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post

Checked via this link, and I see the following in parivahan portal:
I got the plates installed on 13th October. I don't see the details in vahan portal.

Last edited by human_wheels : 17th October 2023 at 16:03. Reason: correction
human_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 17:37   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
I have a unique situation. I tried to register for the HSRP for my 2006 Honda Dio,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Getting this error for a 2007 Honda Activa that my father uses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am trying on orderhrsp.com for my 1994 RX100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Tried applying for HSRP for our 2006 Honda City whose registration was renewed in 2021.
I had the same problem for my Honda City of 2008.

- Emailed Vahan and they advised contacting local RTO (Bangalore East/Kasturinagar in my case)
- Wrote an email to RTO and sent a hard copy of the letter to RTO through AASI (Automobile Association of Southern India) week before last.
- Today my order for HSRP went through on orderyourhsrp.com even though there has been no acknowledgement of my earlier communication from the RTO, to them.
- My order is scheduled for fitment on Nov 01, 2003 at Dakshin Honda on Hosur Rd.

I don't know if only my individual record has been corrected or whether "Others" that was mentioned against "Maker" in place of "Honda SIEL Cars India Ltd." after FC earlier this year has been corrected for all on the backend to "Honda Cars India Ltd." (Since Honda changed name in India in Sept 2012).

I suggest you (Honda owners) try placing your order again and if that does not work then correspond with your jurisdictional RTO.
FortyD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 19:09   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyD View Post
- Wrote an email to RTO and sent a hard copy of the letter to RTO through AASI (Automobile Association of Southern India) week before last.
I also submitted a letter in the RTO (KA 01) for this today. They said they will send an Email to a department and that others are waiting for longer than a month to get this change done.

Can you check on the mParivahan app if the "Makers" data has been updated on the Vahan portal? It would give some answers on how you were able to place the order perhaps.
Old 17th October 2023, 19:35   #456
BHPian

When I try to order the number plates from https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/book_your_hsrp.php, I am getting this message.

1. Your vehicle details did not match with VAHAN records. Kindly re-check and enter correct credentials.
2. Vahan Response: Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM.

My scooter is Honda Activa from 2004 model.
Anyone else is getting this message? If so, what needs to be done?
Old 18th October 2023, 00:01   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Can you check on the mParivahan app if the "Makers" data has been updated on the Vahan portal? It would give some answers on how you were able to place the order perhaps.
On mParivahan, "Maker" still shows "Others", but on the order receipt from the HSRP Vendor (FTA HSRP SOLUTIONS PVT. LTD.), intrestingly, maker data shows "Honda Cars India Ltd".

Have you tried ordering again today?
Old 18th October 2023, 02:03   #458
BHPian

Could I get the HSRP done for Honda Activa which is in my close friend's name. I have a copy of RC and can ask him for OTPs.

He moved out of Bengaluru, KA to MH but kept his old scooter here with me which I am using on a temporary basis. (and I moved from MH to KA recently)
Old 18th October 2023, 12:07   #459
Senior - BHPian

My Thar being a 2021 model came with HSRP. We didn't rivet them. We used a plastic bracket to mount these. The sticker was also affixed on the windshield. A year ago the windshield broke because of a stone thrown up by a lorry tyre on the highway. So I changed the windshield and kept the sticker. Today I decided that I would prefer to have these riveted. I called the Mahindra Sireesh Showroom gent who sold the vehicle to me. He asked me to visit. So I went there and got them riveted onto the bumpers along with the brackets as well. Everything was done in 15 minutes. So I thanked the fitment person, tipped him and ldrive away.
It is better that these number plates are properly
Riveted on. For our own safety.
Old 18th October 2023, 16:06   #460
BHPian

I had booked the HSRP for my Rapid way back in August. I had booked Sep 29th as the date for installation. Unfortunately, there was a bandh in Karnataka on that day. I tried calling the Skoda dealership a few days earlier to check if I could come in at a different time, but they didn't pickup. So I had to go to the website and rebook. But there were no dates available for another month, so my new date is now the 27th of October. Let's hope I can get it done this time.

On an unrelated note, the security for the HSRP website seems to be really good. I wonder if someone hardcoded 9271 somewhere .

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20231018_142522_messages.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20231018_142606_messages.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20231018_142625_messages.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20231018_142739_messages.jpg
Newpunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 16:10   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I had booked the HSRP for my Rapid way back in August. I had booked Sep 29th as the date for installation. Unfortunately, there was a bandh in Karnataka on that day. I tried calling the Skoda dealership a few days earlier to check if I could come in at a different time, but they didn't pickup. So I had to go to the website and rebook. But there were no dates available for another month, so my new date is now the 27th of October. Let's hope I can get it done this time.
If your plate has arrived at the dealer, just walk in . It is barely a 10 min job
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 14:09   #462
Senior - BHPian

Off-late, hearing that some dealers are reluctant to get the plates fixed and instead asking to just pick the plates and get it fitted from outside mechanics, citing they do not have enough man power and expertise. Any one experience this? Are they not supposed to get it fixed and the fitting charge is already included in the price paid at the time of ordering.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 19th October 2023 at 14:10.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 14:41   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Off-late, hearing that some dealers are reluctant to get the plates fixed and instead asking to just pick the plates and get it fitted from outside mechanics, citing they do not have enough man power and expertise. Any one experience this? Are they not supposed to get it fixed and the fitting charge is already included in the price paid at the time of ordering.
A couple of weeks ago, Value Suzuki cooly finished the HSRP process for my Access. I got an SMS that HSRP installed successfully or the likeabout. I visited the next day, and the lady in charge said, thats nothing sir, we just have to click the photo of the plate and upload in the tool, that will finish. Rest we have to just install, which makes it easier for all. I was quite dumbstruck.

Apparently, I had one more HSRP for my MAX 100. She did not complete the process as it had just 1 letter between the registration numbers KA 04 W nnnn. She wasnt used to single letter as most vehicles have 2 letters. She thought its a mistake/error and held it. As soon as I confirmed its correct, she pulled out the phone, licked and finished the process even before I realised and I got an SMS also instantly. She was very glad when I said I will install myself and happily handed it to me.
Old 19th October 2023, 15:25   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Make sure your vehicle isn't blacklisted by RTO for any reason and all pending traffic fines are cleared and try again. If you still see this issue then raise a complaint with BookMyHSRP.
I'm also getting this message on bookmyhsrp site. I have noticed there is a speed cam fine on different state. In the E-Challan option of vahan portal, it is not showing. Any other places to check and pay online?
Old 19th October 2023, 18:09   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
I'm also getting this message on bookmyhsrp site. I have noticed there is a speed cam fine on different state. In the E-Challan option of vahan portal, it is not showing. Any other places to check and pay online?
Can you check the web sites of 1)The state police 2)MVD of the state in which you got the petty case? These web sites may have options to pay fine online.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks