Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2023, 19:58   #436
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Mine is a KA registered vehicle but I don't stay in Karnataka anymore. I occasionally drive down to Bangalore, so I would like to fix this by the deadline. Any idea if they ship the number plate to another state (AP)?

In case anyone has experience of getting the same done in Prerana Motors in Yelahanka, please let me know. If shipping outside is not possible, this looks to be the nearest center.
I got this done today from Prerana. Took about 10 minutes. They told me they would upload details to Vahan but how do you confirm this? Is this from mParivahan app?
Old 13th October 2023, 16:29   #437
Senior - BHPian

Because of Brother Condor I was able to contact the authorised makers of HSRP plates for Maruti for my Gypsy. Their company name is Rosmerta. I talked to them and upon their advice I went on the normal bookmyhsrp website and made the booking for the plates and paid. And informed Condor’s contact.

Chose Pratham HSR as my preferred location. I received the SMS on Monday that the plates have been dispatched. Yesterday I got an SMS saying plates are ready. Today I popped over and got them riveted onto my Gypsy bumper in front and on the plate mount at rear. Unlike original Gypsy rear bumper plates which were square the new ones I got are rectangular. But no matter. They also placed the transparent windshield sticker on the glass and took the pictures of the installation done. All good. Great service. Good people. I tipped them for their trouble and went off.

For the Cooper which is also an old car I have received excellent help from Kun BMW. They have booked the number plates for that car. I ve paid for them. They did say the BMW and Mini HSRP number plate suppliers were facing a backlog and expect my new number plates in a couple of weeks. No matter. I'll wait as long as Im under the deadline imposed by the Govt. Considering the quality of interactions with Kun so far I am expecting good service from them too.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2023 at 18:29. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 17:51   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Unable to place order for my Ducati online, bookmyhsrp says to go to siam.in, they say to go to dealer, any other way possible without getting the dealer involved?
Old 13th October 2023, 18:29   #439
Senior - BHPian

Just placed order for a HSRP for my 2007 RTR 160(FC renewed last year). 527 INR for 2 wheeler motorbike. Do we need to take a print out of Appointment receipt or softcopy would be enough?

Am surprised there's no installation center in Electronic city inspite of having so many TVS showrooms/ASCs? Nearest one seemed to be in HSR and that too appointment was available only in Nov.
Old 13th October 2023, 18:29   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Further update to my case : I had sent email to helpdesk-vahan@gov.in detailing my issue. They recommended me to go to the RTO, however they were able to resolve the issue by communicating with the RTO themselves. I was able to place the HSRP order. this is first time i got a quick resolution via for a RTO related issue.
For me also they recommended to go to RTO. Did you have to follow up with them to get it done or did they contact the RTO by themselves?
Old 13th October 2023, 18:49   #441
BHPian

Applied HSRP Plates for my Yamaha FZ MY2013 via SIAM/BookmyHSRP. The opted dealer was Pacer Yamaha near Hebbal.

Paid 516/- online at the time of booking. Went to the showroom a couple of days later than the original appointment time. Absolutely no fuss or hassles, simple plain installation and I was off in 10 minutes.

Most importantly, I own a MH registered bike and got plates installed in Karnataka. I had re-registered years ago in KA RTO without change in number. No details were asked from my while collecting the plates.

Last edited by r24x7 : 13th October 2023 at 18:50.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 13:20   #442
BHPian

Got HSRP plates and sticker for my i20 yesterday. For Access and Ray, I got them done last week. All of them done at the respective dealers.
Old 14th October 2023, 13:47   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
. Do we need to take a print out of Appointment receipt or softcopy would be enough?
safer to take print of appointment & receipt (could be back-to-back print). Bajaj asked me for print-out when I only had the soft-copy of the receipt.
Old 14th October 2023, 14:06   #444
BHPian

Got HSRP Plates installed on my 2016 Jupiter. Got it done today at Dimple TVS Tin Factory. Alloted time was 10:30 AM But reached there at 10 AM itself. Salesperson asked for the Fitment Appointment Slip and gave me the Plates. The quality of plates were not so good and I felt that the marking would go away after few pressure washes. Front plates were screwed in and the rear were rivetted.

Note - The number plate frame which I had bought couldn't fit the Front HSRP Plate. So I ended up buying a set of Number plate frames from Dimple TVS Itself. Costed me 120Rs for the Set.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231014_10293701.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231014_10473201.jpeg  

Old 14th October 2023, 17:05   #445
BHPian

I booked the HSRP for our Wego today. Yesterday, I inquired about it at the dealer (Sunitha Motors, Karkala) and I was told the charges would be the standard rate + ₹150 for fitment. While I confronted them about the fitment being included in the price they were adamant about the extra!

To be sure about my options, I came home and checked in the SIAM portal about available locations for me and it showed only Udupi. I was hoping to see another bigger Honda dealership listed for my town but looks like only vehicle manufacturer's dealerships would be shown.

So went back today and got the booking done through them. While Udupi is the location for the fitment appointment, they being a sub-dealer would get the plates here and install them.
Old 14th October 2023, 19:13   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Booked plates for someone today .. The fitment dates for Two Wheelers at least, is already at 1 month from booking date - Beyond the Nov 17 date that the govt had mentioned.
Old 15th October 2023, 10:19   #447
BHPian

Completed this yesterday. Both booking (last week) and installation was smooth. Got SMS after about 2 days stating the number plates have reached the dealer.
Took about 30 minutes time at the dealership/service station, 10-15 minutes for the actual replacement.

The only challenge was that the number plate length at front is longer than the space provided for number plate on the Corolla, therefore the number plate extends beyond the space provided - cannot do anything.

At the rear, a little more rectangular number plate would have looked better than the one provided. The space provided is rectangular at the rear.
Old 15th October 2023, 11:58   #448
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok George View Post
Now I am unable to apply for HSRP plates as I am unable to change the name of the manufacturer to TVS Motors (Ind-Suzuki later became TVS Suzuki and now, TVS Motors). The RTO officials are asking for proof of change of manufacturer's name.
For the purpose of HSRP, can you not select any Suzuki Motorcycles dealer for fitting the plates?
Old 15th October 2023, 19:14   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Got my plates fitted at the Audi Dealer. Was a smooth process, however there was no windscreen sticker supplied nor were pictures of proof of fitment taken. Dealer claimed that the details were already uploaded to the RTO DB. I will need to DIY on the website
Tried to make a complete to Celex but the complaint track did not work. I contacted via email and got the replay that everything ws sent to the dealer. We know where this is going!

Tried to apply for a replacement but no one has uploaded a pic so completed this today
Old 16th October 2023, 14:45   #450
BHPian

Hello Everybody,

Helped my Wife's Cousin to install HSRP for his 2 Wheeler, Honda Activa, in Mangalore. The total cost was Rs. 424.

The Appointment is for November 07th at 11:30 a.m. at Matrix Auto, Kodialbail.

This is the 3rd such Appointment I have scheduled for a Relative/Friend.

Let us see how this goes & will keep the Thread updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks