Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2023, 16:08   #406
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

I got the HSRP installed on my Honda Brio today. Overall, a smooth affair from the booking stage till the installation.

Booked online on orderyourhsrp.com after filling the details on the SIAM website on Sep 19th. Got an SMS on Sep 22nd that the HSRP plates have been delivered to the Dakshin Honda dealer I had selected. Called up the Dakshin Honda office yesterday to confirm if the plates had indeed arrived and if I could visit them as per schedule, to which they responded positively.

I went to the showroom as per the time allotted to me today. Was welcomed cordially at the reception where the SA took down my registration number and checked for the plates. Since there was another installation going on, had to wait for 5 minutes for my turn. The plates themselves don't look very sturdy, but the installation of the plates and the sticker on the windshield was a neat job. The guard took a photo of the front and the rear and said it was to be uploaded online, post which I will get a confirmation by SMS. Haven't received any SMS so far, but I assume it might take a day or two.

Overall, 10/10 to Dakshin Honda for the job done.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-brio-front-beforeafter.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-brio-rear-beforeafter.jpg

OT: Meanwhile, utilized the 5 mins waiting time to click photos of the Honda Elevate parked inside the showroom

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-elevate-1.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-elevate-2.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-elevate-3.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-elevate-4.jpg
nikipedia87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 16:22   #407
BHPian

Do we think Nov17th deadline is possible, I got a date after Nov 17th, on the 28th.
Till then will have to manage, I hope they will extend this deadline.
Old 6th October 2023, 20:23   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
I got a date after Nov 17th, on the 28th.
I believe you are good, even if deadline is not extended. Please refer the last point on this Public Notice.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp1.jpg
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 00:29   #409
BHPian

I got a date of 16 October. I uploaded details just now in a rush after seeing that the appointment time is stretching. It may be possible that the date time is dependent on the location of fixing that we are choosing.
Went via SIAM which re-directed to orderyourhsrp.com

I noticed that there is a reschedule option as well, one may possibly be able to try a different location and get an earlier slot if required. I chose the Toyota dealer for convenience (car being a Corolla).
Old 7th October 2023, 09:20   #410
BHPian

[quote=KrisTvpm;5637934]FWIW, here's my HSRP experience.

<snip>[list] XUV5OO: Booked directly on www.makemyhsrp.com... <snip>

CORRECTION: the website was www.bookmyhsrp.com, and the fulfilling agency was "Rosmerta".

Apologies for the mistake & any inconvenience/misunderstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Of the two sets installed so far, I got one SMS so far from Rosmerta that the details have been uploaded. But no info about which registration number this was for.

Am also waiting to understand how to check.
Checked via this link, and I see the following in parivahan portal:

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-myxuv_hsrp.png

No details of unique code attached to my HSRP, but atleast the date/time corresponds to exactly when I got it fixed from Rosmerta --> Mahindra showroom.

Hoping this is sufficient and mamu-log won't pester me for this

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 16:38   #411
BHPian

Need a help to interpret how to make a booking for HSRP plates.

I entered the vehicle details (for my Toyota Corolla) in siamdotin website and was taken to orderyourhsrpdotcom. When I entered the details there, I am getting the following error message.

1. your vehicle details did not match with vahan records. kindly re-check and enter correct credentials. 2. vahan response: vehicle details available in vahan vehicle is blacklisted [compounding amount]

I am pretty sure that I have entered the correct details. Infact I repeated the exercise 3-4 times carefully, and yet the same outcome. Assuming that the above reasoncode is a bit generic one, and what they meant is the callout in point #2 above, I tried checking in the following websites if there is any pending challan. But there is none. I am based out of Bangalore and have gone to Kerala 3-4 times in last 5 years.

echallan parivahan
MVD Kerala
Karnataka One - traffic fine collection
Payment Kerala Police govdotin

Since none of these portals are showing any sort of pending challan, I wonder what might be causing the above error message, and how to address it.

Any recommendations to debug this?
Old 7th October 2023, 17:07   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacc View Post
1. your vehicle details did not match with vahan records. kindly re-check and enter correct credentials. 2. vahan response: vehicle details available in vahan vehicle is blacklisted

[...]
Any recommendations to debug this?
A friend of mine had the same problem. He went to the RTO and figured out that the road tax he paid when he originally purchased the vehicle was deemed to be insufficient. The only way for removing the vehicle from the blacklist for him is to pay up the difference in tax plus interest/penalty on it.

The way they detected the issue is by comparing the invoice value with the IDV in the first insurance policy - the latter was considerably higher. We think this happened because he did not take the dealer-provided insurance, instead opted for a firm of his own choice - and they used the ex-showroom price of a higher variant of the same car while calculating the premium.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 19:23   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Do we think Nov17th deadline is possible, I got a date after Nov 17th, on the 28th.
Typically you will get a SMS within couple of days that it has reached dealership. You can just call them up and mostly they are happy to install it the next day itself. You need not wait till the appointment date
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 19:58   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I am stuck with the exact same problem. NOC is issued for transferring ownership. When the transfer is complete, the NOC should have been automatically cancelled. But I guess that didn’t happen and the NOC is still active. I was told to go to RTO to cancel it. I haven’t found time to do it yet.

When did you transfer ownership for the car. Mine was done in 2017.
I have the same issue with a 2016 registered car that I bought in 2017. Did you go to the RTO yet? What was the experience?
Old 8th October 2023, 07:57   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
I have the same issue with a 2016 registered car that I bought in 2017. Did you go to the RTO yet? What was the experience?
No, I haven't done this yet as I am out of Bangalore for some time. I am planning to go to the RTO by end of October.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 19:26   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
Update: As per Vahan helpdesk, there is de-duplication needed, since older RTO also has updated the status to "NOC Issued" and current RTO as Active. Need to go to the RTO sometime this week with the request to de-duplicate.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2023 at 10:48. Reason: Typos
alexgv is offline   (3) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2023, 18:03   #417

I am living in another state but my vehicle is KA registration. Expecting to be here atleast for next 6 months. How do I get the HSRP?
Old 9th October 2023, 19:07   #418
BHPian

Got the HSRP Installed on my Alto K10 today. Ordered on bookmyhsrp through SIAM and the appointed provider was Rosmerta. Selected Kalyani Motors Kanakapura road, Doddakallasandra as my choice of dealership for installation. Called up the person's number mentioned in the acknowledgement sheet and he asked me to come and get the fixed as the plates were ready and had been delivered to them.

Went by evening time and got them installed neatly in under 5 minutes, though it was pouring cats and dogs. Kudos to the 2 boys in blue overalls who did the installation in the rain. They also affixed the sticker on the windshield. The SA tried to upsell the plastic protection frame border with the plates but didnt insist after I turned down their request. Rating this gesture a 10/10 for trying to earn their commissions, but respecting the customer's decision to not get them and not forcing them to go for it.

Took them 20 mins to give me a gate pass - cant blame them as it was closing time and they had a bulk of gate passes to print for all the other vehicles that had come in for regular service. The security took a photo of the new HSRPs affixed to the car before leaving the gate. No Photos from my side to post here, as it was raining heavily and I couldnt go out to take pictures.

Would rate the overall experience a solid 10/10.

P.S.: Rivets were used to secure the plates and not screws and nuts.

Last edited by vsathyap : 9th October 2023 at 19:18.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 20:07   #419
HTC
BHPian

Looks like fake websites are scamming people. My friend used this website and lost 360 rs.

https://hsrphelp.org.in/

Be careful folks.
HTC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 15:11   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Update: As per Vahan helpdesk, there is de-duplication needed, since older RTO also has updated the status to "NOC Issued" and current RTO as Active. Need to go to the RTO sometime this week with the request to de-duplicate.
Do we need to go to the present RTO or the outgoing one? Seems like the "NOC issued" is from the latter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks