Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 01:00   #391

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

I have another interesting quirk to share here regarding Maruti and Nexa HSRP installation, especially if the same dealership owns both a Maruti and Nexa dealership.

The only dealer who was installing the HSRP in Mysore for Maruti Suzuki was Mandovi Motors, Mysore. Hence I booked an appointment with them for my Baleno for 18th of September.

On 14th of September I received an SMS stating that the HSRP was delivered to the dealership, but when I called up the dealership, they said they haven't received it yet. I waited for almost a week, but the plates did not come.

After calling their Nexa showroom I figured out that like the HSRP plates of all Nexa models were getting delivered to their other Nexa showroom instead. So please ask/confirm if they have sister dealerships where plates may have gotten delivered instead.
zapstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:36   #392
BHPian

I got my A-star 2011 model changed. Siam -> makemyhsrp -> order -> delivered to Surakhsha Koramangala (received SMS). Reached dealership at the appointment time and they had 2 cars ahead of me. 10 min per car and was done with no fuss. All good.

Next, did the same for Enfield C350. This time redirected to getmyhsrp and picked Teknik Indiranagar as the location and chose a slot 10 days after order. No SMS, but checked their website 2 days before appointment and it said delivery was done. Went to Teknik at appointed time and they said they are no longer doing this and have sent multiple mails to getmyhsrp to remove their service from website. Anyways, they handed over the plates to me and I need to get it fixed - he showed couple of new bikes where rivets are used to fix and it is loose and suggested I get it fixed with regular screws. Overall, not happy with getmyhsrp (no updates, payment page is irritating, phone call support doesn't connect).
Old 5th October 2023, 10:59   #393
BHPian

FWIW, here's my HSRP experience.
  • XUV5OO: Booked directly on www.makemyhsrp.com, very professional approach, got periodic SMS about item ready/delivered/ok-now-go-get-it-fixed. Got it fixed at Sireesh auto Mahindra showroom near silkboard, wait-time approx 30min, very thorough work. Old plastic plates removed, new ones riveted, inside windshield sticker done, photos taken & uploaded to vahan portal in front of me. Just tipped the mechanic 100.
  • Nano: Booked via SIAM --> celex. Updates were prompt, got it fixed on the date mentioned at Tata showroom - KHT. Mechanic just fixed it with screws after removing old plates, told can't be riveted on old cars(?). Even after 1month I constantly get SMS reminders from celex prompting me to update vahan portal! Obviously the showroom hasn't done it yet. There's an option for customer/owner to do it online, will try that.
  • Caliber bike: Booked via SIAM --> celex. Updates were prompt, but mechanic at khivraj bajaj showroom refused to fix new plates as my bike is OLD and comes with plates welded onto mounting brackets fixed onto front/back. He doesn't have drill machine/riveting equipment, just hands me the plates & asks to get it fixed from somewhere!
    Got it fixed by my FNG service guy, no fuss - he fixed it by drilling holes on old/fixed plates, held in place by screws/nuts.
    Sent photos of new plates fixed on bike to khivraj along with photo of chassis number. Need to check vahan portal if it's updated.

Overall,
booking/payment experience was a 5* affair, no hassles
fixing - a mixed affair - different for different OEMs/showrooms

As others mentioned, quality of new HSR-plates is just OK - the background is reflective white paint - good. The black sticker-like material with IND inscribed obliquely, painted onto the embossed numbers doesn't seem to be of good quality/smudged at places. Hope it stays & withstands rains/sun!

Last edited by KrisTvpm : 5th October 2023 at 11:09.
Old 5th October 2023, 12:12   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggestion for folks in KA who dont have even IND plates - it's a good time now to get these plates. The rush has not started yet, and the dealerships are doing the installations without much of fuss.

I do understand that the chances of extension of the deadline are pretty much 100%, but things can get a bit messy later.
Old 5th October 2023, 13:44   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post

This is the one I have - https://amzn.eu/d/eulvPfL
Thank you for sharing. I went ahead and got this installed along with the HSRP today. It looks to be of decent quality, although it's already gotten too many scratches (while installing). Hopefully this should protect the plate from getting bent and damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
I have them on my bike and one major issues with them is rattling noise if you forget to provide rubber support between cover and screws below. They also aren't that sturdy or long lasting.
I decided to give it a try. I got it riveted in along with the plate, so that should hold it in place and prevent any rattles.

Here's an image for the reference of anyone who wishes to get a frame/ holder for their HSRP:

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp-1.jpg
dhruvagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 14:16   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I do understand that the chances of extension of the deadline are pretty much 100%, but things can get a bit messy later

As per this old news, earlier plan was to give as much as 5-year deadline to replace old plates with HSRP. Now, what made them to believe that it can be done in three months

Quote:
“We are discussing the deadline for replacing old plates with HSRP. A time frame of five years seems to be adequate. We will consult the government on the issue,” a senior official said.
While five years may be over estimated, but mere three months deadline appears to be grossly inadequate.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 15:42   #397
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to check if the HSRP details are uploaded into the RTO database?
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 15:56   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
.. but mere three months deadline appears to be grossly inadequate.
Even that is an understatement

Btw, I hope they will figure out a way to getting plates for vehicles that were re-registered to KA between 2019-22, which had not been given HSRP. THis year even re-registered vehicles are getting HSRP from RTO itself.
Old 5th October 2023, 16:13   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Is there a difference in quality between the Celex and bookmyhsrp plates? In terms of thickness of the plates, quality of the paint and emblossing
Old 5th October 2023, 17:35   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is there a difference in quality between the Celex and bookmyhsrp plates? In terms of thickness of the plates, quality of the paint and emblossing
Umm, can't say they are any different. Looked like both were manufactured at same facility!

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp_xuv.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp_nano.jpg
KrisTvpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 17:45   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Is there a way to check if the HSRP details are uploaded into the RTO database?
Of the two sets installed so far, I got one SMS so far from Rosmerta that the details have been uploaded. But no info about which registration number this was for.

Am also waiting to understand how to check.
Old 5th October 2023, 22:00   #402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I called SHIMNIT INDIA PVT LTD several times on the number mentioned in the invoice. Each time got the message "We are getting a busy tone on this number. Please*call*later"
Quote:
Shimnit called me today and apologized for the issue. They also confirmed its not the customer who has to take it up with them. They have a laid process where dealer does the very basic check of verifying all the orders received against the plates received. Am not even referring to the bad quality of plates. Its elementary to check the number.
This also mysteriously went cold. Person not reachable soon after.

Quote:

Of the entire process, till now Shimnit is not reachable. Phone line busy, email no response. To escalate/reach Shimnit also had to happen through Value Suzuki

So essentially, i had to reach Shimnit through Value Suzuki itself to say Value Suzuki collected wrong plates and they want me to tell you to give right plates. Isnt it so funny.
Literally not 1 time of 100s of times I tried reaching by phone was successful. I wrote to them many times by email, but absolutely no response.

Finally, today the ordeal comes to an end.
As usual, there's 0 communication from shimnit. I happened to book one more HSRP last week for my Max 100 and happened to be the same dealer/vendor. Suddenly yesterday, I received an SMS from SHIMNIT that the HSRP has already been affixed for my Access

HSRP has been affixed successfully in your Vehicle number KA03HW4783 and Data is also posted in Vahan. Thanks for using Shimnit India

I was shell-shocked. I visited them today. Some new lady was handling HSRP at Value Suzuki. She immediately took out the reprinted plates for my access. I asked how I got the message that it was already affixed. She innocently said, it's just a procedure saar! I just have to click pic and upload and it will finish the process. I was taken aback. They are just clicking pictures of plates on the desk and finishing the process. Oh yeah, this is a high-security process . She seemed so innocent that likely she doesn't even know the process of completion is when plates are installed and pics of the vehicle with the plate uploaded are complete. Then I enquired about my Max 100 plates. She said they were also received. I asked why I didn't get the affixed message. She then again innocently says the letter between numbers was single. Most have 2 letters, this had just 1. So I wasn't sure if it was correct. Now you say it's correct, let me finish the process. She takes the phone clicks and uploads in like 10 seconds and I get an SMS of affixed. I was gladly allowed to carry the plates home. No install, no rivets, totally cool they are.

So, I was able to successfully downgrade plates to lower quality, not-so-legible font on my access by paying 250% for IND plates which are of better quality. I am just glad I was able to get through this nonsense ordeal.

Some pics of the poor font HSRP. 'W' and '4' look really horrible. W also looks a little like H. K and A are also very substandard. In some angles at a distance. A and 4 also appear similar.
Here are pics of poor font quality plates of Access and Max100:

Poor font/quality HSRP:
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231005_162622.jpg

Poor font/quality HSRP:
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231005_162722.jpg

Poor font/quality HSRP:
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20231005_162734.jpg

Here are a couple of good plates I could immediately click post leaving the place.

Good quality IND plate on my wife's DEO. Must be 7-8 years old, always parked on street and bike being a beater is subjected to constant abuse.
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-deo.jpg

Some random good quality, good font HSRP I clicked
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-random.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2023 at 07:25. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 23:07   #403
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:
Here are pics of poor font quality plates of Access and Max100:
Seriously this bad? These looks like made in China.

Are there no set standards for fonts and making that the maker of it needs to adhere to. How can it look so bad.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 13:40   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
  • Nano: Booked via SIAM --> celex. Updates were prompt, got it fixed on the date mentioned at Tata showroom - KHT. Mechanic just fixed it with screws after removing old plates, told can't be riveted on old cars(?).
I got it done at Kropex and they said the same thing. The technician just installed it with screws.

While the booking process was seamless, the experience at Kropex was terrible. Reached there at 9:40 odd and no one had a clue on what needed to be done . At around 10:20 took the help of the receptionist and got some help. No photos were taken - I don’t know what would be the next steps !

Last edited by Aditya : 7th October 2023 at 07:15. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 6th October 2023, 15:25   #405
Senior - BHPian

Tried applying for HSRP for our 2006 Honda City whose registration was renewed in 2021. I received the following error -

Quote:
1. Your vehicle details did not match with VAHAN records. Kindly re-check and enter correct credentials.
2. Vahan Response: Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM.
I checked the RC on Parivahan and the maker name was "Others". Whereas it was "Honda Cars Ltd" for our Jazz.

Contacted OrderMyHSRP via Email and they told me this:

Quote:
In response to your email, we are informing you that kindly contact with your respective RTO for the correction in your vehicle maker name in online VAHAN database. Because in VAHAN database, vehicle maker name shows other.

Does anyone know what the procedure is and how long this will take?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks