Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2023, 15:02   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...ps-2620049.amp

With only 45 days left, less than one percent vehicles have affixed HSRPs

Truly amazing how ignorant people are even after perpetually being on their phones and/or seeing TV.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 19:04   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
What is the safe and recommended way to dispose the older plates? Given that it has the Registration Number we cannot just dump into dry waste I suppose.
Given how flimsy new HSRP plates are, I would keep the old plates around if they are of good quality / in good condition for emergency use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

With only 45 days left, less than one percent vehicles have affixed HSRPs
I wouldn't blame owners. Vehicle owners in my own circle are aware of this rule, but are completely choosing to ignore it. If HSRP tech provided great benefits, then market forces would have made it a success.

A new regulation / law should not be enforced retroactively (doing this has become a habit for governments and authorities). Govt. could have said, changing to HSRP plates is preferred, but mandatory during ownership change, NOC for change of jurisdiction or during FC etc.
Old 2nd October 2023, 22:27   #378
Senior - BHPian

Given the flimsy structure of the new plates and the low quality of embossed letters & numbers, I am waiting for the day when an enthusiastic fellow member thinks of OR an enterprising detailing shop owner comes up with the idea of PPFing the HSRPs.

That will be my I told you so moment .
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 23:16   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
The reply I received from Rosemerta (Book My HSRP Team) is that they do not have a dealer for Harley and are working on the same. Book My HSRP is also starting Home Delivery in Bangalore.
HSRP updates from my side.

For Harley, dealer appointment option is not possible. I have chosen the home delivery option. However this option is available for some selected pin codes. In my case, I couldn't get it delivered to my home but to my workplace. Now I have to find an installer when it arrives.

For my Tucson, I could order just the colour sticker. On the delivery date I promptly got a message from the dealer. However on visiting, the dealer did not have the colour sticker. The dealer was not sure if one could just order colour sticker. Couple of phone calls and messages to bookmyhsrp, I was promised it will be delivered in two days. The delivery was prompt however there was no colour sticker, just the plain sticker with vehicle details. So my saga continues.
Old 2nd October 2023, 23:24   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Given the flimsy structure of the new plates and the low quality of embossed letters & numbers, I am waiting for the day when an enthusiastic fellow member thinks of OR an enterprising detailing shop owner comes up with the idea of PPFing the HSRPs.

That will be my I told you so moment .
Just spray a 200 rupee clear lacquer over the plate and it will work better than a ppf which will be impossible to apply in the small crevices of the font.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 11:37   #381
BHPian

Got HSRP plates for my 2011 TVS Wego at Synergy TVS Banashankari ORR. Appointment was on 30th September 2023 at 11 am and i was at 10:00 am. Requested the staff if they can fix the plates.

They were prompt in accommodating my request.

Was asked to show the appointment letter which i received from Shimnit, parked the scooter and the mechanic came with the tools to remove the existing plates.

The print on one of the plates was smudged and for my surprise the front and back plates were of the same size for my scooter.

Checked with other scooters around and there was no uniformity. Few scooters had small rectangle shaped front number plates and few had same for front and rear. Without any option asked the mechanic of affix the plates.

The mechanic did not even have a drill bit to drill holes which came as a shocker. He took a small bit, placed the plates on wooden plank and started making hole manually. The edges got damaged in the process.

They did not even have a rivet to fix the plates. When asked the staff mentioned that they are fixing only with the screws!

I fail to understand why all these drama of HSRP for the vehicles when they arent fixed as per the standard?

I am not going to install HSRP for my Esteem. I am happy with the erstwhile IND plates for now.
Old 3rd October 2023, 12:18   #382

Got the Hsrp plates affixed today for the dzire,
at kalyani motors, Brookfields. Process was smooth and simple.

Last edited by MSL07 : 3rd October 2023 at 12:34.
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:10   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhotagujju View Post
I own a Chevrolet Sail and have been trying to book one for myself as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Any updates regarding Chevrolet Dealers or Home delivery will be extremely helpful.
Book My HSRP is the authorized vendor for Chevrolet cars in Karnataka. As of now they have added KHT Peenya for fitment in Bangalore, a few fitment centers in other cities, and offer home delivery in selected places.
adisan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:18   #384
JD1
BHPian

Got my plates affixed at Advaith Hyundai (ORR next to Passport office) today. Booking done via bookmyhsrp 10 days back. Those folks were sitting idle. Don't know why bookmyhsrp is not opening more slots.
Old 3rd October 2023, 20:31   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the first set of plates today. Rosmerta via bookmyhsrp. Average thickness - not as good as the ones I have from Speedex.

Regarding disposal of old plates - many car owners are just leaving their old plates with the dealership.
Old 3rd October 2023, 21:04   #386
Team-BHP Support

Got my plates fitted at the Audi Dealer. Was a smooth process, however there was no windscreen sticker supplied nor were pictures of proof of fitment taken. Dealer claimed that the details were already uploaded to the RTO DB. I will need to DIY on the website
Old 4th October 2023, 09:09   #387
BHPian

Got the HSRP Number plates fixed on my Honda BR-V. Booked the plates through siam.in in Mid September and were delivered in 2 days to Magnum Honda, but got the appointment for 3rd October.

Went in yesterday evening and was promptly guided to an area where HSRP plates are fixed. The back plates were riveted in. But the front plates were fixed with the same old screws and no rivets were used. Windshield sticker was stuck and that's it. I picked up the old plates and left.

Few Observation -

1. People have left their old plates, which is no advisable
2. The HSRP plates are thinner then the previous IND Plates. So expecting vibration pretty soon.
3. The print on the HSRP plates are not as clean and sharp as the IND plates.
4. No photo of fixing the plates were taken.
5. The guy who fixed has no clue of online update and I am pretty sure it was not updated by the dealer, as the number plates packet was opened in front of me.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 19:27   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Got the HSRP Number plates fixed on my Honda BR-V.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Got it done on both our cars.

Honda City - No SMS - No updates. Called Service Center and the lady said the concerned person is on leave.
Did either you place the order for the plates on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com? This is where SIAM is directing me for my Honda City.

Also, @chandrda has already highlighted the relatively poor quality of the plates. Is your experience the same @vsrivatsa.
Old 4th October 2023, 21:47   #389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Did either you place the order for the plates on https://www.orderyourhsrp.com? This is where SIAM is directing me for my Honda City..
Looks like SIAM has tie-ups with different manufacturers for different brands. I could be wrong though.

On another note - was at Amba Bajaj for my second set of plates. Old plates left behind by customers were actually cut into two and piled up. Fair first step in the disposal process (though some may say that they should have cut the old plate into 3 or 4 pieces).
Old 5th October 2023, 00:17   #390
Senior - BHPian

On the plates thing, just follow wherever SIAM leads you to.
I have a feeling they've different websites for two/four wheelers and maybe even manufacturers or RTO.
The process followed may not be the same for all but as long as you get the HSRP installed, that's what matters.

Issues seem to be happening when a manufacturer isn't found or if there's a mismatch of names in the RC and the website.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks