Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2023, 13:15   #346

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Hi all, I've been an occasional and long time lurker. I searched the forums and this thread, but could not find any information about getting HSRP for Daewoo Matiz.

I'm in Bengaluru (Bangalore Urban) and am unable to find where I can book HSRP and get it done. When I visit the siam.in website and proceed to the screen where the manufacturer has to be selected, I click on Daewoo and it opens a new tab with the same manufacturer selection page again. Seems like this is what's happening for Chevrolet and a few other brands whose manufacturers left the country long ago.

I posted a query on the SIAM website asking about this but haven't received any response for more than a week. I've also emailed siam@siam.in and am waiting for a reply.

I tried my luck with bookmyhsrp to see if it would work, but after entering the vehicle details it shows this message: "As a Vendor we are not authorised for this vehicle Please visit www.siam.in for respective HSRP Maker."

1. Does anyone here have a Matiz or know someone who has a Matiz (in Bengaluru) and has figured out where and how to get HSRP?

2. Is there a better way to follow up with SIAM (other than the contact form on the website or the siam@siam.in email address) and get a quicker response?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
FourWheelsGood is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:45   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelsGood View Post
I'm in Bengaluru (Bangalore Urban) and am unable to find where I can book HSRP and get it done. When I visit the siam.in website and proceed to the screen where the manufacturer has to be selected, I click on Daewoo and it opens a new tab with the same manufacturer selection page again. Seems like this is what's happening for Chevrolet and a few other brands whose manufacturers left the country long ago.
On the SIAM website, try with location as Bangalore Rural.
Old 27th September 2023, 22:59   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
On the SIAM website, try with location as Bangalore Rural.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried selecting Bangalore Rural on the SIAM website, but that also opens the same page (list of manufacturers) again when I click on Daewoo.
Old 28th September 2023, 10:28   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post

then he responded. We are unable to follow all of the laws' requirements since there are too many of them. Only when something gets out of hand do we have to stop it and impose a penalty, as with the helmet law, aftermarket exhaust, triple riding, rash riding, no parking, etc. On to a more serious thought now. Is the HSRP a scam?
The whole point of this exercise is to get the actual HSRP plates installed with the unique number on it as well as riveted. The riveting may not be followed in every instance, but the unique number is etched on the plates.
The same cop may end up fining us as soon as they fix a date to do so. An old look alike plate will help unless a cop stops a vehicle and checks up close for the unique number on the plate.

This whole thing is a scam for sure otherwise why would the Govt make this mandatory for lakhs of vehicles by giving such a short time period for them get these plates. And all the number plate vendors are making hay while the sun shines and not bothered about the quality.

Last edited by tharian : 28th September 2023 at 10:37.
tharian is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 10:44   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all, I've been an occasional and long time lurker..
There are many registration plate shops on the road in Bengaluru. What we did for our ritz was to give it for service at Girimaji in JP nagar near IG circle, who got the HSRP plates installed and did a great job with the service. It is a multi brand showroom, try and call them once.
Old 28th September 2023, 10:57   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100
My bike's old IND plates, which is over 4 years old and has undergone numerous pressure washes but is still IND plates in excellent shape.
The moot question is does your old IND plates actually meet the specifications for HSRP? I have seen IND plates in numerous styles (the only common thing being the IND written on left hand bottom corner). There are IND plates with a round of stars in a blue square, that is actually copied from the European Union number plates. The HSRP comes with a hologram, IND and an etched number (which would also be there on the sticker stuck to the wind shield).

Quote:
He noticed my old IND license plates and questioned why I needed to switch to HSRP since it was already fine and legal.
Which means the Traffic Police themselves are not sure on how to identify a correct HSRP .
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 11:07   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Question for folks who have re-registered a car from outside KA, in the last 2-3 years:

Did you get HSRP from the RTO when you got the KA number ?

I know that in the recent past, RTO has given HSRP for such cars.
Old 28th September 2023, 11:14   #353
BHPian

I have a unique situation. I tried to register for the HSRP for my 2006 Honda Dio, The registration failed as the system was not able to verify my records with the RTO data. I was surprised and did some digging and here is what I thought the reason is.
When I renewed my RC@15 year completion in 2021, RTO has entered the manufacturer as "other" and not "Honda" as I had on my original RC. I verified this on my RC card and even in Vahan portal.
So, in the HSRP portal, when I am selecting Honda as the OEM manufacturer, it is failing to Validate!
I don't know if I can manually apply for HSRP at a Honda dealership? or I am stuck forever.
Any suggestions?
Old 28th September 2023, 12:04   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
And all the number plate vendors are making hay while the sun shines and not bothered about the quality.
Seems like a nice ruse to ensure repeat business too. Appalling that roadside number plates are more durable + easier to read!

Shocking that they undertake an exercise that affects crores of people and do such a shoddy job with it.

I found a document that talks about the technical specifications needed for these plates - https://morth.nic.in/sites/default/f...B%2C%C2%A0.pdf

Can someone check and see if the ones we're getting actually adhere to these requirements? I don't see any requirement for resistance to bending apart from the plate not cutting in case it is bent.
Old 28th September 2023, 12:14   #355
BHPian

Hi all,

Have any of you installed a number plate frame like in the image below:
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 980
Size:  59.6 KB

If yes, please share a review/ recommendation.

I'm looking for one for our Ritz, because the front number plate tends to get bent very often. Looking to have it installed along with the HSRP.

Thanks in advance!
dhruvagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 12:14   #356
BHPian

Apparently the rules are different in different states. I had the trouble when I bought a UP reg vehicle and registered in Kerala. I was told by the RTO to get a HSRP number plate installed and it will automatically start the process of sending the RC to my address. This is where the problem started. There are no shops in Kerala which now does HSRP number plates and I had to contact BMW showroom in Cochin who were kind enough to help me. However the system was not accepting the vehicle because it already had an HSRP number plate. Now they wanted either a photo of old broken HSRP number plate or a lost certificate fron police station. The number plates fitted in my car was not HSRP which means the old HSRP plates were damaged and the previous owner just replaced it with normal plates which looks like an HSRP one. So my only option was to go to Police station to get a lost certificate. I didn't get a good response from there as they told they can't issue something just like that.

Somehow the agent who was helping me get the vehicle registered in Kerala did something and I got the RC after which I just fitted a normal number plate that looks like HSRP.
Officials just go ahead and pass some law and don't think about all the hardships people has to follow. Even half of the govt officials or people involved with this know about all the rules making this even more difficult. When I went to the police station even they told me to get normal number plates and dont worry about HSRP and all.
Old 28th September 2023, 12:58   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
.....I got the shock of my life seeing the poor HSRP plate quality. With just a pressure rub using a finger, it can take off the black print on the embossed numbers......
Ironically, this rubbing off is the most favourite feature of HSRP here in Delhi/NCR. Lots of folks here have used this as an excuse to deliberately rub off / fade their rear number plates, so that these become unreadable. It'll not be long before the trend catches on in Karnataka.
low_rider is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 13:08   #358
BHPian

Installed HSRP Plates on all 3 vehicles in my house - Quality of the Number plates is very bad, it looks like the plate was made up of some low grade steel - it easily bends with little pressure and the black print will start peeling within few months (looks like we have to get this changed every year). None of the plates will withstand regular pressure wash.

1. Ciaz - Dealer - Suraksha car care Koramangala, they handed over the number plate and asked me to get this installed outside, i pointed out to the print out where it says the amount charged includes installation charge. They wanted 100 rupees for the installation saying they are not getting this money from the plate manufacturer/Government, paid the amount and got that installed, they were trying to sell some frame which holds the plate - quality dint look good, refused it.

2. Apache - PRN Motors - Inner Ring road - They did not have drill gun (to make holes in number plate) and asked me to get that installed outside, local shop did not have rivet machine to install, he made holes and asked me to contact the showroom. PRN guy refused to use the Rivet lock and said it will vibrate a lot and they have had many complaints and some blah blah.. When i insisted to use the Rivet lock he said they dont have it and the only way he can install it is through nut/bolt or screws. I got that installed with my old number plate nut and bolt.

3. Access 125 - Aryan Suzuki Domlur - They changed number plate without any fuss and he used rivet lock.
Old 28th September 2023, 13:10   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe I've been lucky, but both the HSRPs on my 330i (originally installed by the dealer in June 2020) and on my pre-used Q3 (newly installed last month from Celex) is of excellent quality.

Also, very happy to note that a lot of the fancy and grossly illegal number-plates are being changed to HSRPs even in my semi-rural part of BLR.

People are taking this seriously for a change; thank God for small mercies.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 14:40   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried selecting Bangalore Rural on the SIAM website, but that also opens the same page (list of manufacturers) again when I click on Daewoo.
I own a Chevrolet Sail and have been trying to book one for myself as well. I am facing the same issue and unable to move forward.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks