Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2023, 12:01   #316

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Did they also paste/provide windshield sticker?
Yes , they did. I didn't have to ask them, they were doing it for all the cars.
Mike_Schumacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 18:30   #317
BHPian

I have got HSRP plated installed on my RE bike on 7th Sep 2023 through Shimnit.
I have not received any SMS stating HSRP details uploaded in VAHAN, like some of you got from Rosmerta Systems.

I called their customercare many times, but they seems to have no proper answer.
Should I have to pursue this ?
Old 24th September 2023, 19:21   #318

Ordered plates for both my car and bike on 11th September and got thay delivered to the dealership.
Appointment for fixing it was yesterday for both. For car, since it was Saturday it took close to 45 minutes. However for my bike (bajaj dominar) was a different story. There was a typo in the rear plate and the dealership mentioned they will raise a complaint and get that replaced. So have to wait for few more days.
Old 24th September 2023, 19:26   #319
BHPian

Got HSRP for my Toyota Corolla from Nandi Toyota Kudlu Bangalore. As compared to the process for my bike, where I could just go to the assigned dealership and them processing the rest, at Nandi Toyota, These were the steps:
1. First went to the sales section as per the appointment. I was redirected to the service side. Service advisor asked me to go to the parts section and collect the plates. This also had the sticker.

2. Collect the plates from the spare parts section, no check of RC book was done, just told the number and they handed me the plates.
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp2.jpg
3. Took the plates back to the service advisor. A person came and took my car and plates back to the sales section and asked me to wait.
4. After a 10 minutes wait, car was returned. The plates were riveted and the windshield sticker was placed at the passenger side corner.
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-hsrp1.jpg

While it was relatively quick for me, at the spare parts counter, there were two others who had come to collect plates after me. There was only one person taking cars from the service side to the sales side and getting this done, so the third person would have had to wait around 25 minutes. Instead this could have been handled entirely at the sales section, without the need to take the car to and fro from the sales and service
Old 24th September 2023, 19:33   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
The TVS guys where I got my appointment are fixing the new number plate with screws.
I had a similar thing happen at Bridgestone Agencies for my TVS Jupiter. The mechanic said they are fixing the front number plate with screw/but mechanism to allow for access to the battery. They said if the number plate is riveted there could be issues in future to open the front panel. I asked the SA on this and he said currently they are doing the same for scooters. I'm not convinced about this and will follow up again during regular service. The rear number plate is fixed with rivets. Overall it took 15 mins for the entire process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
I have got HSRP plated installed on my RE bike on 7th Sep 2023 through Shimnit.
I have not received any SMS stating HSRP details uploaded in VAHAN, like some of you got from Rosmerta Systems.
I've not received any text msg or email as well after the new plates were installed last week. Not sure if the dealer uploads these in bulk or whether those is applicable for 2-wheelers.
Old 24th September 2023, 19:41   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.dogfather View Post
Got HSRP for my Toyota Corolla from Nandi Toyota Kudlu Bangalore. As compared to the process for my bike, where I could just go to the assigned dealership and them processing the rest, at Nandi Toyota, These were the steps:
which website did you order this on ?
Old 24th September 2023, 20:18   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
which website did you order this on ?
I had ordered from orderyourhsrp.com after being redirected there from siam.in. You can directly order from there if the manufacturer is Toyota.
Old 24th September 2023, 22:17   #323
BHPian

Just finished ordering on https://makemyhsrp.com. I was redirected to this website from https://www.siam.in. The ordering experience was easy. Also booked a slot for installing HSRP at Kropex Auto 2 weeks from now. So far so good. Lets see how things progress from here. Cost was 696 including taxes and fitment charges. Card payment resulted in 14 rupees being added for payment gateway charges. Total 710 rupees.

Last edited by Arka : 24th September 2023 at 22:21. Reason: Adding cost details
Old 24th September 2023, 23:03   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
I had a similar thing happen at Bridgestone Agencies for my TVS Jupiter. The mechanic said they are fixing the front number plate with screw/but mechanism to allow for access to the battery. They said if the number plate is riveted there could be issues in future to open the front panel. I asked the SA on this and he said currently they are doing the same for scooters. I'm not convinced about this and will follow up again during regular service. The rear number plate is fixed with rivets. Overall it took 15 mins for the entire process.

I've not received any text msg or email as well after the new plates were installed last week. Not sure if the dealer uploads these in bulk or whether those is applicable for 2-wheelers.
The same happened when I got the HSRP for my RE INT650. They used rivets only at the rear plates. For front plates they used existing bolts, "that is how the older INT650s number plate holders were made" as per them.

Last edited by vivek_k_p : 24th September 2023 at 23:05.
Old 25th September 2023, 07:03   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
Which website did you use to book the plates?
https://www.siam.in/selectoem1.aspx

On selecting the Manufacturer, it suggested bookmyhsrp and getmyhsrp for my car(Hyundai) and scooter (TVS) respectively. Check for delivery options for your bike plates.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img_20230925_071005.jpg

Last edited by vidyanand : 25th September 2023 at 07:12.
Old 25th September 2023, 07:32   #326
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
https://www.siam.in/selectoem1.aspx

On selecting the Manufacturer, it suggested bookmyhsrp and getmyhsrp for my car(Hyundai) and scooter (TVS) respectively. Check for delivery options for your bike plates.

Attachment 2507838
Thanks. This is the website I had tried the last time as well. Right after entering the bike's details (Reg, engine and chassis numbers), it asks me to select city for fitment and then shows a list of dealers I can get it done at.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20230925072919.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_20230925073038.jpg
Old 25th September 2023, 08:17   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
BookmyHSRP does not have home delivery in Bangalore. Try the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
... it asks me to select city for fitment and then shows a list of dealers I can get it done at.
May be the 'Home Delivery' option is an upcoming feature as both bookmyhsrp and getmyhsrp are not able to do it actually.

Another option I see is to call up the dealer and ask if they can hand it your friend/relative to take it and then he/she can ship to you. For me, they did not check any other doc other than the HSRP booking/appointment receipt so it seems to be good option.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 08:19   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconscorpion View Post
Registered complaint in Vahan portal and also mailed helpdesk-vahan@gov.in as suggested in the video . Got following reply via mail . Seems like we need to visit RTO in person

Any wrong/incorrect entry done by OEM/RTO/Dealer in Vahan can only be corrected by the respective Registering Authority.
Please represent the case to respective Registering Authority for correction
@masterChief007, were you able to get this change done online or visited RTO ?
Old 25th September 2023, 08:37   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
May be the 'Home Delivery' option is an upcoming feature as both bookmyhsrp and getmyhsrp are not able to do it actually..
I see Home delivery as an option on bookmyhsrp only for Hubli/Belgaum. Like you said, I plan to ask the dealer if he can give me the plates. Will go a couple of days in advance and ask. Basically dont want to ride the bike in the traffic - have resumed riding recently after my fall last year.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:13   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyDeewar View Post

I see one of two paths:
1. The KA rule doesn't really affect me as the home state of my car is different?
Hey, any other clarification regarding TN vehicles. I also drive a TN registered vehicle. Let me know the process if you have already applied for a HSRP plate for your vehicle. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks