Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2023, 07:39   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Thanks, tried it and got no hits on either of our cars BUT also got a error banner on top saying 'Something went wrong, please contact SysAdmin'.

Hence unsure whether the app actually managed to access the underlying records correctly. Does it work properly for others?
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:51   #287
BHPian

Can people who are having a blacklist, try to check the details on the Vahan website and see if you can find the details?

This would really help in knowing if the website actually displays the correct information.

Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:53   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I couldn’t order HSRP for my car as it was blacklisted in VAHAN. May be there is a difference between blacklisted and just pending fines.
Yes, a ticket is just a ticket till it remains unpaid for a few months. At that point it gets escalated into a blacklist and hold on the RC.

Some states like kerala also create a FIR speed ticket after 60 days of non payment and place a blacklist on the RC.

I know this because I'm stuck with one such case while pressing a used vehicle !
vinayaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 11:04   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayaga View Post
Some states like kerala also create a FIR speed ticket after 60 days of non payment and place a blacklist on the RC.
Eeeeks, just Googled cursorily to see this:

A long ordeal awaits traffic E-Challan defaulters in Kerala
https://english.mathrubhumi.com/amp/...rala-1.8919891
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 12:53   #290
Team-BHP Support

Are we supposed to get updates from Vaahan post-fitment? I got a confirmation note from my HSRP vendor that they've updated the portal, but nothing from Vaahan itself.
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:27   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayaga View Post
Yes, a ticket is just a ticket till it remains unpaid for a few months. At that point it gets escalated into a blacklist and hold on the RC.

I know this because I'm stuck with one such case while pressing a used vehicle !
I don't think there is any such in Karnataka. If Vaahan is not allowed to state something pending or etc., it could be for the following reasons:
- Old clerical error where some entries were omitted/missed etc. while digitising the record
- If the car was reregistered to Bangalore, some small pending tax the RTO systems may think as due. Yes, I faced some issues when I sold my reregistered Premier Padmini car. IT was on hold as RTO officials said I had paid 7rs less tax some 3 years ago. I was like I paid what was asked for, how could you successfully reregister if I had not paid in fill, they were blank.
- Possibly vehicle was involved in any crime/accident/hypothecation issues.

But I am quite certain traffic violations kind of offenses don't block any RTO transactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Eeeeks, just Googled cursorily to see this:

A long ordeal awaits traffic E-Challan defaulters in Kerala
https://english.mathrubhumi.com/amp/...rala-1.8919891
This really is good. Hope the same is implemented in Karnataka soon. Will instill some sanity among road users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Are we supposed to get updates from Vaahan post-fitment? I got a confirmation note from my HSRP vendor that they've updated the portal, but nothing from Vaahan itself.
Interesting. When I got it installed for my Dusster a fortnight ago, I did not receive any SMS/email wither from RTO/Vaahan or the vendor/dealer. 0 communication.
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:37   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Interesting. When I got it installed for my Dusster a fortnight ago, I did not receive any SMS/email wither from RTO/Vaahan or the vendor/dealer. 0 communication.
The dealer said fitment is all they're responsible for. The vendor didn't volunteer, I had to ask. They asked for front & back pictures with the installed plates, and confirmed over email later that portal has been updated.

I'm unsure if there's a way to verify.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 17:15   #293
Senior - BHPian

Got it done on both our cars.

Maruti Ignis - Got all the SMS notifications from Rosmerta providing the updates on dispatch as well as delivery to the Dealer. Called and asked if I could come early as SMS confirmed the delivery of plates - was asked to come as per slot. Went to Kataria Automobiles on Kanakapura Road as per scheduled slot. Had to wait 30 mins - then I asked if they have the frame/garnish for the plate. They charged ₹550 for the frame and went back to stick the frame to the plates. Finally they came and fixed the plates - the actual fitment takes hardly 5 mins. Overall 1 hour time spent with wait times.

Honda City - No SMS - No updates. Called Service Center and the lady said the concerned person is on leave. Then looked thru the invoice and found a number mentioned and called that number - this guy was courteous and said it should have reached - come and check - if plates have reached we will fit - no need to come as per appointment - you can come early - he also told they don't sell Frame/Garnish - decided to skip it.
Went to Magnum Honda, Kanakapura Road the previous day itself - the staff confirmed that Plates have reached and they fit it. End to End was done in less than 30 mins. Also saw a few Elevates decked up for deliveries - Honda seems be buzzing with sales now.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 22nd September 2023 at 17:17.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 17:37   #294
BHPian

Got the HSRP fixed for my Figo at Cauvery Ford, Magadi Road Bangalore. The whole process was smooth. Booked it via bookmyhsrp. There was one glitch in the website wherein I dint receive the acknowledgement or any SMS after payment. But upon emailing the same to the customer support email I was sent the receipt immediately. After that I received all updates without issues and the whole work was completed at Cauvery ford within 15 min. Photo was clicked and also received an SMS from rosmerta that said the details were uploaded to Vahan portal.

Last edited by blackbandit : 22nd September 2023 at 17:41.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 19:36   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Got the HSRP fixed for my Figo at Cauvery Ford, Magadi Road Bangalore. The whole process was smooth. Booked it via bookmyhsrp. There was one glitch in the website wherein I dint receive the acknowledgement or any SMS after payment. But upon emailing the same to the customer support email I was sent the receipt immediately. After that I received all updates without issues and the whole work was completed at Cauvery ford within 15 min. Photo was clicked and also received an SMS from rosmerta that said the details were uploaded to Vahan portal.
Tried "bookmyhsrp" and got an message that the vendor is not authorized once I entered my car details. Any idea if this is an error or there is some other procedure for different cars?
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:16   #296
BHPian

I had booked an HSRP for our old Activa. But, I booked it for the wrong category of vehicle ('Motorcycle'- instead of 'Scooter'), because the RC mentioned 'Motorcycle'. The dealership refused to install it because the size of the HSRP is different for scooters and bikes.

The vendor refused to take blame and asked to place a fresh order. It has now become a task to have the incorrect plate cancelled and place a new order for an HSRP.

Members, be mindful when you book an HSRP for your 2-wheelers.
dhruvagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:57   #297
srh
BHPian

I managed to get plates installed on my Honda Activa 2004 model. SIAM website took me to orderyourhsrp.com. Ordering process was fairly straight forward with no surprises (even though my registration extension is stuck at KA03 RTO because they have lost the original file & I also have a disputed parking violation fine). VFM Honda at K R Puram was quite efficient in retrieving and installing the plates with rivets - although quality of work could have been better - they misaligned the holes on the plate leading to the plate bending. But on a 19 year old beater vehicle, I wouldn't care less.
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:26   #298
BHPian

Got HSRP fitted in my KTM Duke 390 today at Khivraj Bajaj Whitefield. The appointment was taken via bookmyhsrp where I was redirected from siam.in.
I was confused about the location, as it only said Khivraj Motors in the website and appointment, and I was expecting a Khivraj KTM dealership, but could not find any in the area. I tried calling the number provided in the appointment receipt, but the calls were not answered. However, I found a Khivraj Bajaj with a similar address, and found that it was actually the Khivraj Bajaj dealership which was also handling KTM for the HSRP.
They verified and took a copy of the RC book, and the number plate was with them. The rivets that they had were too narrow and were not fitting my bike. He showed that it will not be a tight fit if I use rivets and proceeded to fit using bolts. The holes in the numberplate were already done, and they did not align with my existing frames, so had to do it without frames.
He gave me the rivets in case the rule changes later and I wanted to fit it using the rivets.
Overall the process took some 10 minutes and was smooth. Have another appointment for fitting them on my Toyota Corolla later in the day, and will be scheduling for rest of the vehicles next week.
While the process is quick, the travel time to these dealerships is a pain, and I wish it was given to more dealerships. For example, I have a KTM and a Toyota dealership within a km of my house, but both were not listed in the HSRP sites.
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:05   #299
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I got HSRP installed on my 2013 Honda Activa. SIAM site directed me to orderyourhsrp.com. I placed my order on 14 Sep and opted for an installation slot on 22 Sep morning at Haiku Honda, Domlur. I paid ₹424.80.

I reached at around 10:45 am and everything was done in 20 minutes. There was no rush when I reached, another scooter was there for the same work. Rivets came with the plates and the service person did a neat job in installing the plates
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230922105457.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:32   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it necessary for the vehicle owner himself to be present for the fixing ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks