Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2023, 09:14   #271
sgm
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

I got the HSRP plates installed for our 2014 model Celerio from Bimal Auto, Domlur/Bangalore.
There were no surprises and everything went on smoothly. I had taken an appointment for 20th September 4-6pm and got an SMS on previous day night mentioning that the same has been dispatched to the dealer but didn't get any confirmation regarding it being received at the dealer till 20th afternoon. While I was on the way to the dealer, received the confirmation SMS also. There was no one else waiting, so it was done in quick time.
Took an appointment for Corolla Altis at Nandi, Banaswadi. Hoping for a similar good experience.
Old 21st September 2023, 09:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post

2.) My motorcycle is 9 year old (Harley) and after I enter vehicle details and my contact, I go to dealer appointment page. Then no dealer is displayed and I cannot proceed further.

Attachment 2504316
I face the same issue with my 2017 Harley. Any suggestions?
Old 21st September 2023, 10:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have a good contact in BMW KA?
I need them to get me a set of HSRP plates for my Mini Cooper 2012 Model. And similarly for my 2014 Gypsy I need a good contact in Maruti.

Its really irritating when our ‘god forsaken’ government just makes all these draconian rules without providing the relevant attendant information in an ‘user friendly’ manner. For example the famous SIAM Website and BookYourHSRP etc do not even reflect the Mini Cooper as an option.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 11:08   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Im facing the same issue for my Honda City. The OTP is not being sent to my mobile number. Did you try any other way to get past the OTP screen?
I tried again after couple of days and it worked at that time, got the OTP instantly and placed the order. Got it installed at the scheduled time.
Before going there I tried to contact HSRP guys to know the status as web status was not updating, but i couldn't get through.
Just took a chance and everything was well organized at dealer's place.
Old 21st September 2023, 11:15   #275
BHPian

Got mine done from Rosemerta, pretty smooth affair. However, I do have a noob question/concern. While installing the plates in the rear, they drill a hole in the boot. On one of the sides, the installer had a little bit of difficulty drilling the hole but eventually did. I am wondering if he hit something inside the boot, but so far haven't seen any issues. In general, these seems like a risk, what if they hit a wiring or a locking mechanism. Manufacturers should give proper slots for the rivets, IMHO.
Old 21st September 2023, 11:20   #276
BHPian

Need your help!
I have tried booking number plate for my Activa in Bangalore through SIAM-> www.orderyourhsrp.com/. My UPI Payment is successful from paytm however in their website it's failed. I have not received any confirmation or invoice. Sent an email to the email Id given customer.care@orderyourhsrp.com - No response. Tried their customer care no 9305387662 - no one is answering the call. Anyone has faced similar issue and how can I get support to resolve this?
Old 21st September 2023, 13:25   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
I face the same issue with my 2017 Harley. Any suggestions?
The reply I received from Rosemerta (Book My HSRP Team) is that they do not have a dealer for Harley and are working on the same. Book My HSRP is also starting Home Delivery in Bangalore.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 14:44   #278
Senior - BHPian

I am curious to know how the installation of HSRP is done in vehicles where the number plate is located on the metallic part (typically boot lid).

Asking this specifically because fresh holes need to be drilled in the car for installing the HSRP using rivets.

In most hatchbacks, the number plate is located on the bumper. So owners would not mind drilling extra holes in the bumper. But in sedans and SUVs, the rear number plate is generally located on the boot lid. Drilling holes in metal parts can cause rusting issues later on.

Has anyone given a thought on this ?
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 16:30   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am curious to know how the installation of HSRP is done in vehicles where the number plate is located on the metallic part (typically boot lid).

Has anyone given a thought on this ?
Here's how the HSRP was fixed on my Fiesta. The threading slot to fit the number plate screws in the dicky were first drilled to clear off the threading and then in the same slot, the HSRP was rivetted.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104047.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104222.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104432.jpg

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-img20230909104522.jpg

Last edited by arun1100 : 21st September 2023 at 16:31.
arun1100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 17:05   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravisghosh View Post
For General Motors/Chevrolet,
However, I am having issues and not able to select a dealer in Bangalore. No dealer show up after entering all details and selecting state/city/pin. I have written to bookmyhsrp, would update once I hear from them.
Chevrolet HSRP Provider - bookmyhsrp.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Tried, no enlistments yet as fitment centres for Chevy.

Wrote to BookMyHsrp support. They replied stating that they are starting home delivery, and to opt for the same if available in the area.
I am facing the same issue. Haven't received any response from the HSRP provider yet.

Any updates regarding Chevrolet Dealers or Home delivery will be extremely helpful.
Old 21st September 2023, 18:20   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67318425.ece

The real reason is that HSRPs cannot be issued unless all taxes, fines and dues are cleared. In a way, I welcome this move to force payment of the crores of rupees that are undoubtedly due.

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st September 2023 at 18:50.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 19:57   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post

Couple of open questions:

Is there a specific order in which the plates are to be installed? That is, is there something that says the first serial number in the sticker must be of the front plate and the second, of the rear plate? I noticed yesterday that this order is maintained in my Ford but the VW guys swapped them.

The kit sent by the HSRP manufacturer to the dealer includes the rivets, right? So if the dealer installs it with screws then shouldn't we be demanding they hand over the rivets to us?
Hi,
1. Yes, there is a specific order in which the plates are to be installed for the front and back. Do check both the plates and usually it’s last one digit/ character difference between the two. For example - if the last digit of the laser code of the front number plate ends with 5, then the last digit of the laser code of the rear number plate should be 6. The rear plate will have the next number than that of the front.

So, please do check this while getting the plates riveted to the car. Usually, the colour sticker also does mention the front and rear plate’s laser codes. So, you can check that as well.

2. Yes, if they are just using screws to install the plates, then do take the rivets from them. There is no reason for them to keep the rivets.

If, in case you are collecting the plates from the particular person at the dealership and then proceeding for installation of the plates, just take out the rivets from the package and give them only the plates for installation, in case they are going to rivet the plates, you can then give them the rivets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

The real reason is that HSRPs cannot be issued unless all taxes, fines and dues are cleared. In a way, I welcome this move to force payment of the crores of rupees that are undoubtedly due.
I don’t think so. As per my experience, you can still get HSRP even with fines pending against your vehicle. I had a fine pending against my vehicle, I had not paid that fine because there was no fault of mine and I got the HSRP successfully ordered and installed without any issues.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2023 at 22:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 21:38   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
I don’t think so. As per my experience, you can still get HSRP even with fines pending against your vehicle.
Is it? I thought there was a whitelist and a blacklist which is updated in online real time, and only the whitelist is accessible by the empaneled vendors.
Old 22nd September 2023, 00:29   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post

I don’t think so. As per my experience, you can still get HSRP even with fines pending against your vehicle. I had a fine pending against my vehicle, I had not paid that fine because there was no fault of mine and I got the HSRP successfully ordered and installed without any issues.

Thanks.
I couldn’t order HSRP for my car as it was blacklisted in VAHAN. May be there is a difference between blacklisted and just pending fines.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 05:35   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is it? I thought there was a whitelist and a blacklist which is updated in online real time, and only the whitelist is accessible by the empaneled vendors.
I was able to order and install HSRP in the first week of September itself. I don’t know if they have changed anything after that.

Also, I do not think that traffic violations in Bengaluru is centralised, that is the challan details are not uploaded to Vahan. So, it should not be a problem. When I check challan details for my car on Vahan, it says no challan found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I couldn’t order HSRP for my car as it was blacklisted in VAHAN. May be there is a difference between blacklisted and just pending fines.
Not sure about that. But, you can check the blacklist status of the vehicle online. Just Google - Vahan blacklist details. You can check and click on the link with the official website. There you can enter the vehicle details and check the status.

Thanks.
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed