Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2023, 12:09   #241
rkw
BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Sorry if these are duplicate questions.
1. Are HSRP mandatory for vehicles registered in Kerala, but running in Karnataka and else where?
1) If the particular state has not enforced, then it is not mandatory even while travelling to other states. But then the rule of having the current state's registration applies if you intend to use the vehicle for more than 1 year in the current state (never understood how the 1 year stay is verified especially in border states where your location trail like PUC also cannot reveal your out of home state status).
It is high time we have 1 nation 1 registration for all vehicles & not limited to BH registration.
2) For vehicles sold after 01 April 2019, HSRP fixing is the dealer's responsibility at the time of delivery. For older vehicles, it can be ordered online through the designated portals for states where HSRP is mandatory.
rkw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 13:46   #242
BHPian

I tried to register my Fiat Palio multijet 2008 model on the Siam website and selected the manufacturer as FCA but it says the manufacturer cannot be found in our database.
Old 17th September 2023, 13:54   #243
BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The A and 4 appeared so bad and not in proper shape. Even the 3 was very thin. Then I asked where was plates sent from. They said it comes from JC Road. I was like totally taken aback!
Pathetic quality! Forget about “A”, I never seen anything like that “K”. Looks like an egyptian letter on a pyramid wall from the movie “The Mummy”.

They are making HSRP mandatory but the quality is very poor.

Thanks,
TK
TorqueKnight is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 16:25   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I went to Nandi Toyota (Banaswadi branch) to get the number plates fixed for my car.
It did not take more than 10 minutes to fix it. But I have few queries:
• The person used normal screws instead of the ones that came with number plates. When asked he said, to fix the plates on a plastic (bumper), it is recommendable to use the normal screws. I could not argue with him. Could someone please reconfirm this?
• He did not even bother to paste the RTO sticker onto my car. Also, do they need to upload any details in the Vahan portal (which obviously they did not do)?

Somehow, I am not happy with my experience. The person who fixed the plates was arguing with the SA that they should start charging the customers for ‘fixing’ the plates. SA politely told him that there is a clear instructions from TKM not to charge the customers.
@kavensri With regards to your concern on the Plates being affixed to the Vehicle using Screws & not being Riveted, I had the same experience at Cauvery Ford, Magadi Road, for our Global Ford Fiesta with the same explanation.

However, the Stickers were affixed.

They should upload the details on the Vahan Portal & you should receive an SMS to that effect.
Old 18th September 2023, 11:00   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaranjos View Post
I think the current number plate you have is already a HSRP number plate.
The rivets are something that some vendors conveniently bypass.
The third identifier (the windshield sticker) might not have been there in Dec2019 and might have started later.
you can order just the sticker.
Thanks I was able to order colour sticker. I was wondering if I had to order a replacement but while ordering the colour sticker, I had to enter the front and rear laser code and this did not throw any error. So the HSRP plate was mostly legit.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 11:59   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
The number plates were manufactured by Rosmerta Systems.
Yes I too felt Rosmerta plates (which I got for Mahindra) are of better quality.

I used to have an HSRP lookalike - UTSAV plates for past 9 years. They were were good quality ones. But anyway, its unfortunate that we cannot select plate manufacturer as of now.

The lack of quality of plates is not a new issue, have been noticing this in many vehicles with varied state registrations.

If you notice on Bangalore roads, you can see lot many vehicles from northern states where HSRP was mandated earlier having its black stickers completely worn out.

With the AI cameras / ANPR cameras it will be a mess with wrong challans in future. However, overall, HSRP is a good exercise in getting plates standardized. Hope the quality issue gets resolved.

I got my 2014 XUV installed with HSRP after booking appointment some 10 days prior. Earlier days slot was available, however I was looking for weekend slots specifically, hence the delay.

I had purchased frames from Bodmo in advance, so got it fixed and got plates.

They just fixed the frames through regular screws and then put the plates in the frame and clipped it close. Need to keep an eye on that, since I have a worry that the frame may spring open if any slight shunt happens and plates may fall off.

I didn't insist on getting it riveted since the holes on bumper is not exactly at the position it should be for the same when you install the frame too. Will have to take a call based on how it works out after few days of use.

Today morning (1st working day after installation) got SMS from Rosmerta that they have updated my plate details in Vahan portal. Not sure how to check the authenticity of that update.

Quote:
Your HSRP laser codes are uploaded to VAHAN portal
Team Rosmerta
Old 18th September 2023, 12:03   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
I went to https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?...1&pgidtrail=91 website but I can't get past the screen that lists the manufacturer logos, on clicking the logo the same page keeps opening in a new tab. How to go around this bug?

Same here, it is not working for some of the brands like Chevrolet.
Old 18th September 2023, 12:33   #248
BHPian

Any leads for HSRP vendors for MH registered vehicles? I have an MH registered A-Star which is sparingly used. We didn't transfer registration to KA as the vehicle is very old and we somehow always kept planning to sell it, which never happened.
Old 18th September 2023, 13:02   #249
BHPian

Not sure if it is manufacturer specific, but for Skoda the earliest appointment available today is October 18th. No way the deadline doesn't get postponed
Old 18th September 2023, 17:47   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizz28 View Post
I went to https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?...1&pgidtrail=91 website but I can't get past the screen that lists the manufacturer logos,
I went through SIAM website, and it took me to BookMyHSRP website. Try it directly there
Old 18th September 2023, 21:34   #251
BHPian

For my Ford EcoSport 2017, HSRP installation completed on 16th Sep @ Cauvery Ford Hennur. Entire process took just 20 mins with riveting.

Though I purchased number plate frame online but opted the installation without frame as it was looking more precise fit in the space provided.

Existing holes were enlarged by drilling for new plates installtion. Both the new plates and sticker (on windshield) placed perfectly.

Entire process was smooth from ordering till installation, including rescheduling initial appointment of 11th Sep.

After installation, workshop manager (Mr. Shashidhara) clicked pictures and uploaded to Vendor's (Rosmerta) portal promptly. Received SMS for installation completed and after some time for VAHAN Portal updation.

Always had a pleasant experience with Cauvery Ford since last six years. Big shout out to the Cauvery Team (Mr. Shashidhara, Mr. Dilip, Mr. Akash) for the fantastic job and for managing 60+ appointments in a single day!

Some pics clicked at the service centre!
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-1.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-2.0.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-2.1.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-3.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-4.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-5.0.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-5.1.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-6.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-7.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-8.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-9.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-10.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-11.jpeg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-12.jpeg  

nkumarblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 21:41   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

BookMyHSRP website is not taking full billing address. However, you can just put in name of city and proceed. Also, Home Delivery is available only for Hubli and Belgaum - Bangalore folks need to go to selected dealer. Booked two sets today and got Rosmerta for both
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 12:06   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
For my Ford EcoSport 2017, HSRP installation completed on 16th Sep @ Cauvery Ford Hennur. Entire process took just 20 mins with riveting.
I also got my HSRP fitted at Cauvery Motors, Magadi road. Quick one, did they rivet the rear plates or just used the screw? For my FIGO, they riveted only the front plate. Since the rear was attached to the metal body, they used the screw itself. Isn't the purpose of riveting defeated?
Old 19th September 2023, 12:52   #254
Senior - BHPian

Getting this error for a 2007 Honda Activa that my father uses. The FC and insurance are currently running. Anyone knows what needs to be done next?

From the SIAM portal where I ordered for my other vehicles, I was redirected to https://www.orderyourhsrp.com/vehicle_info_old.php for this vehicle.

1. Your vehicle details did not match with VAHAN records. Kindly re-check and enter correct credentials.
2. Vahan Response: Vehicle details available in Vahan but Maker of this vehicle Not Present in HOMOLOGATION but OEM/Manufacturer (Homologation) of this vehicle have not authorized you for the State/RTO of this vehicle, please contact respective OEM.
Old 19th September 2023, 13:30   #255
BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The A and 4 appeared so bad and not in proper shape. Even the 3 was very thin. Then I asked where was plates sent from. They said it comes from JC Road. I was like totally taken aback! They also told me very recently some other shop is providing the plates and they are making several such mistakes.
I didn't see the IND written diagonally in the lettering label. It is there in your other HSRP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks