Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2023, 13:13   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Surprised at your experience. As far as my newbie knowledge goes, Value Suzuki is correct that they are only responsible for fixing the HSRP to your vehicle. You are responsible for the upstream part and will need to take it up with Shimnit for the error and quality issues.

Only matter which the affixing entity is responsible for is to intimate the HSRP vendor that the deed has been done, so that they in turn can formally update VAHAN.

Let us know how it goes.
Thats incorrect. The whole hsrp process is for no tampering of plates etc and a trusted dealer installs them. There is a process for dealer to receive it from vendor where they are also required to check and then receive. Major point being, they signed and received. Even if i want, i cant receive from vendor. Thats the process. If they have collected and not verified, they are responsible. Shimnit wasnt reachable and made dealer escalate to them.

Shimnit called me today and apologized for the issue. They also confirmed its not the customer who has to take it up with them. They have a laid process where dealer does the very basic check of verifying all the orders received against the plates received. Am not even referring to the bad quality of plates. Its elementary to check the number.
funkykar is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 13:40   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Thats incorrect. Shimnit wasnt reachable and made dealer escalate to them.
Shimnit called me today and apologized for the issue.
Disagree, technically Shimnit sent out the erroneous plates. It is they who are responsible for the source typo(?) error. That is also difficult to believe as these are supposed to pre-populated from VAHAN.

You can rant against Value Suzuki as much as you want but best of luck.

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th September 2023 at 14:02.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 13:56   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Disagree, technically Shimnit sent out the erroneous plates. It is they who are responsible for the source typo error. That is also difficult to believe as these are supposed to pre-populated from VAHAN.

You can rant against Value Suzuki as much as you want but best of luck.
I think you are not getting the point. Value Suzuki is the one to return(not me) to shimnit and get it replaced with correct one. Whether i tell to shimnit or Value Suzuki says, its Value Suzuki that need to anyway do some work and get it done right. I never received the plate myself. Am just to visit and get the plates installed. Installation charge is also part of the process. Value Suzuki is not doung charity. Shimnit did call me and apologize. I am not ranting at Value Suzuki for no reason. Its about how cooly they took me for granted and asked to deal with Shimnit myself. They erred in collection of wrong plates, this also was confirmed by Shimnit on the call.

Of the entire process, till now Shimnit is not reachable. Phone line busy, email no response. To escalate/reach Shimnit also had to happen through Value Suzuki

So essentially, i had to reach Shimnit through Value Suzuki itself to say Value Suzuki collected wrong plates and they want me to tell you to give right plates. Isnt it so funny.

Last edited by funkykar : 16th September 2023 at 13:58.
funkykar is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 14:54   #229

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Target vehicles: Nearly 2 crore vehicles manufactured before 2019.
Timeline: 3 months
Enough said

Is there no one to question this madness in a court of law?
You're correct. I'm pretty sure the deadline will be extended multiple times.
Katesmith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 16:42   #230
BHPian

I am facing three different problems for three of my vehicles

1.) My car is Dec 2019 manufactured which I bought used last year. When I try to apply for HSRP in BookMyHSRP, I get the below error after entering vehicle and my details.

Name:  image2.png
Views: 966
Size:  11.2 KB
When I contact the dealer, he has no clue what to do.
The number has laser etched Identification Number but it has hex bolts (not snap lock) and there is no colour sticker.

2.) My motorcycle is 9 year old (Harley) and after I enter vehicle details and my contact, I go to dealer appointment page. Then no dealer is displayed and I cannot proceed further.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-image1.png

3.) My other motorcycle is 14 years old (Roayl Enfield) and after entering the vehicle details, I get the below error.

Name:  image3.png
Views: 966
Size:  8.3 KB
For Royal enfield, I could place an order through getmyhsrp. So much confusion. I hope the deadline gets extended and doesn't become a tool for extortion.
Old 16th September 2023, 19:57   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
I am facing three different problems for three of my vehicles

1.) My car is Dec 2019 manufactured which I bought used last year. When I try to apply for HSRP in BookMyHSRP, I get the below error after entering vehicle and my details.

The number has laser etched Identification Number but it has hex bolts (not snap lock) and there is no colour sticker.
This order to change to HSRP is only for vehicles manufactured before April 2019. So why are you applying for one manufactured in December? Your car already should have HSRP and if not ask your dealer why they didn't install it.

Its possible your dealership installed custom made fake HSRP plates from a vendor instead of the original thing that the RTO was handing out with RC cards.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 20:10   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I went to Nandi Toyota (Banaswadi branch) to get the number plates fixed for my car.
It did not take more than 10 minutes to fix it. But I have few queries:
• The person used normal screws instead of the ones that came with number plates. When asked he said, to fix the plates on a plastic (bumper), it is recommendable to use the normal screws. I could not argue with him. Could someone please reconfirm this?
• He did not even bother to paste the RTO sticker onto my car. Also, do they need to upload any details in the Vahan portal (which obviously they did not do)?
I too got my plates installed from Nandi Toyota.

If you looked at my previous post regarding the installation, first I got the plates installed with the screw. This was because they told me they did not have the number plate frame and I wanted the frame. Later, I purchased the frame from the parts store and then made the person to remove the number plates fixed with the screw.

The person later installed the number plate into the frame and I got the plates riveted to the car. There was no problem with it. I think they gave some lame excuse to rivet it because they did not want to do it and just use screws. Just that it’s easy for them.

Also, the colour sticker was neatly installed by them without any drama.

They did not click any photo of the plates after installation. I then contacted the number mentioned on the invoice after I came out of the showroom in an hour or two since I had the same doubt. I asked him how are you going to update the HSRP details on the VAHAN portal. He said he has no idea and I needed to contact the vendor.

I emailed the vendor asking the same question and I received a reply stating that I should contact the dealership. After this reply, they got on my nerves and I wrote a strong worded email. Later, that is when they asked me to share photos of the car and after I did that, in a day or two they replied stating that the HSRP details have been updated in VAHAN.

I don’t know if they did indeed update the information. Will have to check with the RTO.

Thank you.
TURBO28 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 20:17   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
After this reply, they got on my nerves and I wrote a strong worded email.

Thank you.
Could you please share the email ID?
Old 16th September 2023, 20:20   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Could you please share the email ID?
The contact details should be mentioned on your invoice copy. Send an email to that mail ID.

BTW, what did the dealer say regarding the update?

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2023, 20:21   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBO28 View Post
The contact details should be mentioned on your invoice copy. Send an email to that mail ID.

BTW, what did the dealer say regarding the update?

Thanks.
I forgot to ask the dealer about the update in the VAHAL portal.
Old 16th September 2023, 20:31   #236
Senior - BHPian

I got the HSRP number plates installed in my 2009 i10 at Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road.

The number plates were manufactured by Rosmerta Systems. The quality felt acceptable for the price. Lets see how long it lasts. (The original fiber number plates provided by the dealership have lasted 14+ years)

The procedure was the same as mentioned by other members earlier. You need to visit the sales reception, where the junior sales staff notes down your vehicle details. The sales staff will then go inside and search the number plates for exactly 10 minutes - you can use this time to check out the displayed cars.

They will try to avoid providing parking space in the premises and will do the fitting on the roadside. (They know that they are not earning anything in this process)

The fitting was done using proper rivets and tool. They did not use the existing screw locations. The installer took care to drill the holes in such a way that the holes do not fall on the text. The sticker was also placed with great care.

Overall a pleasant experience.

Rohan
Old 16th September 2023, 23:40   #237
BHPian

Got the HSRP fixed for the Vento at VW Hosur Road today; was a horrible experience.

At first was told the plates were not received, then it turned out they were with the Sales section instead of service section. Then a mechanic was assigned to do the job; the front plates were done in a jiffy and then suddenly he disappeared into the workshop. After multiple follow ups, the rear plates were finally fixed after an hour

Anyway the plates look fine as well as the sticker, how does one verify the Vahaan update?
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 01:49   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
I think the current number plate you have is already a HSRP number plate.
The rivets are something that some vendors conveniently bypass.
The third identifier (the windshield sticker) might not have been there in Dec2019 and might have started later.
you can order just the sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot-20230917-014903.png  

Last edited by sagaranjos : 17th September 2023 at 01:51. Reason: additonal information
sagaranjos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 09:45   #239
BHPian

I had an extremely smooth experience with HSRP ordering and installation. I logged into the SIAM, followed a few vehicle identification steps and it redirected me to the appropriate HSRP website.
I took the earliest available date and a day before the installation, the order status showed 'Order in transit'.
I called Adishakti Cars, Hebbal to check if it had arrived anyway. They were well aware and transfered the call to the right person incharge. He did a quick check and asked me to come over for installation.

Installation was a 5min. task as they had a separate place for this. I was pleasantly surprised after hearing stories of stress regarding getting one. Kudos to the team at Adishakti Cars, hebbal.

Last edited by Boomerang : 17th September 2023 at 09:46.
Boomerang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 10:28   #240
FHW
BHPian

Attaching pictures of HSRP of my two cars. There is no uniformity in fonts. See '4'.HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_202309170952193.png

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-screenshot_202309170949243.png

Last edited by FHW : 17th September 2023 at 10:33.
FHW is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks