Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2023, 20:18   #211

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post

Edit: I saw some comments in the internet that are saying that the Vaahan portal complaint will not be able to update these particulars and instead one has to visit RTO for vehicle details alteration. So I will update on how my process goes regarding this. One more trip to the RTO arrrrgghhh !!

Registered complaint in Vahan portal and also mailed helpdesk-vahan@gov.in as suggested in the video . Got following reply via mail . Seems like we need to visit RTO in person

Any wrong/incorrect entry done by OEM/RTO/Dealer in Vahan can only be corrected by the respective Registering Authority.
Please represent the case to respective Registering Authority for correction
siliconscorpion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 21:38   #212
Senior - BHPian

I got the HSRP For my TB350 and went to Jagadamba motors, near ITPL for fitment after calling and confirming that they have the plates and will do the fitting as well. Once I go there, the person tasked with fitting initially asked for Rs.100 for fitment, had to gently remind him that fitment charges were already paid. Then he says, he does not have a drill to make a hole into the older numberplate/holder to fit the new one and he doesn't know when he will get one. No one in the showroom knew it either. Two more people came in after me and everyone had the same issue, they did not have the tools to fit this plate on the older bikes. I just took the plates and came back. Have written to Shimnit for a resolution or refund of the fitment charges, which I don't think will ever happen.

On a side note - These new hsrp plates are wafer thin. Don't know how long they will last
Old 14th September 2023, 22:18   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
I used all special characters in the chassis number then it worked. When I was skipping special characters I was getting vahan errors. Also special characters count towards the last 5 digit count.
In my RC card the Chassis number has a - before the last 4 digits.

Initially I copied Chassis number from Insurance policy and it didn't work - because the Chassis number therein didn't have the hyphen and also was truncated and missed the last digit.

Using the Chassis number exactly as in RC book worked like a charm.

Also, somewhere in Vahan (for something unrelated) I was asked to enter last 5 digits of Chassis number. It didn't accept till I put the hyphen followed by next 4 digits, exactly matching RC card.
RoadFiend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 11:46   #214
Senior - BHPian

I got the plates fitted for my duster at Trident Renault SJP road.
Had booked it through www.bookmyhsrp.com, the process was smooth throughout.
  • Reached the dealership at the designated time slot after confirming the
    previous day that the plates have been delivered.
  • They used the old number plate as template and made holes using a drill.
  • Plates were riveted using a tool.
  • The sticker with registration date was pasted on the front windshield.
  • They took pictures of the filled plates and stickers which will be uploaded to
    the vaahan portal.
  • I was asked to produce an id proof and receipt of the booking.
  • No money was taken.
  • They were pushing to install frames, which i politely refused.
  • The whole process took about 5-7 minutes.
ms001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 12:40   #215
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I got the HSRP plates affixed on my Fiat Linea at KHT Jeep, Domlur.
I was expecting them to rivet the plates, but they just screwed it in.
Apart from that, the entire process of ordering through MakemyHSRP.com and getting it affixed was hassle-free.
Old 15th September 2023, 12:40   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
As per bookmyhsrp both my Volvo cars are construction equipment and there are no dealers for BMW in Karnataka. Unable to procced with HSRP booking for these 3 cars.
I was able to successfully order an HSRP for my BMW. However, the issue with my Volvo car persists, and it appears to be a widespread problem affecting all Volvo car owners, including my friends who have attempted to place orders.

I've attempted to contact bookmyhsrp via email multiple times but have yet to receive a response. Furthermore, their customer care hotline is constantly engaged.

Attached is the error message I encounter when trying to order HSRPs for Volvo vehicles. It appears that, regardless of the vehicle type selected, there are no authorized dealers available to install HSRP anywhere in Karnataka.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-volvo-hsrp-error_2.png  

Last edited by mjumrani : 15th September 2023 at 12:46. Reason: Typo
Old 15th September 2023, 13:49   #217
Senior - BHPian

Okay! My Brezza was gifted with HSRP plates this afternoon. Fixing was done at Surakshaa's Nexa Show Room between Hosa Road and EC. My booked slot was for tomorrow. But I called them to see if the plates have come in. They said yes, and also asked me if it is okay for me, I can get it fixed today itself. A relaxed day at work, so got that job done immediately.

Booking was done using the web site a week back. It was also quite an easy task. All data was in place in the system. Instructions from team bhp members and advance warning about HSRP roll out by a school friend helped me become an early bird.

It was a very pleasant experience as every one just did a good job.
Old 15th September 2023, 14:45   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Even I got the "Not Correct Registration for KA" message in the first 2 weeks. Then it went through. My guess is that they are loading in the details RTO wise or year wise. Mine is KA 51.

Even my Chasis/VIN number ends with an alphabet and I was trying both. But now don't remember which one went through.

You can try after a few days and see if it accepts the Chasis number.
BookMyHSRP Support tells me that it is because my RC is blocked by the RTO in Bangalore, and has asked me to contact that RTO to get it resolved, after which I will apparently be able to book my HSRP. And they say the reason it is blocked is (citing verbatim from VAHAN's "RC Status" that they cited) "due to reason Audit Objection, AS PER INTERNAL AUDIT ENQUIRY 40/22-23 DT.26.05.2023 TO COLLECT DIFF OF TAX OF RS. ......./- IN SL.NO.10 dated 13-JUN-2023"

What can this possibly mean? I have the RTO tax receipts from the dealer when I purchased my car 6 years ago. By the way, the tax difference is exactly what I have cited, just a bunch of dots (...../-).

Have also pinged my dealer meanwhile. Meanwhile, if someone else had a similar issue and resolved it, please advise.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2023 at 16:28. Reason: Abbreviations, formatting, spacing
Old 15th September 2023, 16:50   #219
Senior - BHPian

A small tip for those who are finding it difficult to remove the old sticker's adhesive residue from the car's windshield - just apply some sunscreen lotion after peeing out the old sticker, wait for some time and then wipe with a soft cloth.

Saw this technique in some youtube video and it really works.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 18:09   #220
Senior - BHPian

Do we really need HSRP?

I went into Value Suzuki to get the HSRP installed on my Access at the scheduled slot. Till then, there was no communication of any sort. Once I went in, they took 5-6 min ask each other if they knew if my plates arrived, etc. Then one person found it. To our surprise, the plate had a typo. Instead of HW, it had been printed HN. All this sophistication, high security, etc. and they couldn't even proofread? The dealership also blindly collected it. The order copy and invoice I have is all correct, just to reiterate.

Then they said they couldn't do anything and I should follow up with where I booked and sort it out. I started an argument saying I wouldn't follow up and they should follow up. They received faulty plates, and they signed and took delivery, it's on them to get it corrected. I am an end user and I didn't receive the plates and shouldn't be my responsibility. After a few decibels, they understood it was their responsibility and started making calls. They were conversing in the local language. I was extremely surprised. While waiting, I had a look at the plates and found them to be very flimsy and poor quality printing and font. The A and 4 appeared so bad and not in proper shape. Even the 3 was very thin. Then I asked where was plates sent from. They said it comes from JC Road. I was like totally taken aback! They also told me very recently some other shop is providing the plates and they are making several such mistakes.

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230915_162826.jpg

So it's simply one of the same shops printing these plates that earlier was printing the so-called IND plates which literally are the same. Same plates used, same dye used, same stickering on the letters and numbers (black sticker with INDIA imprint). But do we have to pay almost 2.5 times of cost just for it to be updated in Vahan? This seems to be a ridiculous exercise. A set of plates that was costing as little as 200rs (of course they also installed it free, and many shops printed and gave plates in under 5 min) now costs 550rs (750 odd for cars) and all this circus? Seems like a nice sweet scam.

Now I don't know if Value Suzuki will really follow up and get the replacement plates and call me.

I called SHIMNIT INDIA PVT LTD several times on the number mentioned in the invoice. Each time got the message "We are getting a busy tone on this number. Please*call*later"

A couple of days ago, had got it done on my Duster. Quality was flimsy and stickering was already peeling.

Name:  abcdr.png
Views: 1373
Size:  596.9 KB

100% time will extend several times. All of you sitting on the fence, think again if you want to order now or hope some quality control measures come in and can get better plates later.

Last edited by funkykar : 15th September 2023 at 18:19.
funkykar is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 18:25   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I cannot make out the difference between the letter 'A' and the number '4'.
bobbyblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 10:11   #222
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if these are duplicate questions.
1. Are HSRP mandatory for vehicles registered in Kerala, but running in Karnataka and else where? KL has not given any mandate asking all vehicles to have HSRP.
2. A friend of mine has a Cheverlot vehicle. He is unable to find this option when trying to book HSRP. Has any one faced similar problems and found a resolution?
sachinpk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 11:06   #223
srh
BHPian

Re: Do we really need HSRP?

Quote:

So it's simply one of the same shops printing these plates that earlier was printing the so-called IND plates which literally are the same. Same plates used, same dye used, same stickering on the letters and numbers (black sticker with INDIA imprint). But do we have to pay almost 2.5 times of cost just for it to be updated in Vahan? This seems to be a ridiculous exercise. A set of plates that was costing as little as 200rs (of course they also installed it free, and many shops printed and gave plates in under 5 min) now costs 550rs (750 odd for cars) and all this circus? Seems like a nice sweet scam.

I called SHIMNIT INDIA PVT LTD several times on the number mentioned in the invoice. Each time got the message "We are getting a busy tone on this number. Please*call*later"

[/b][/i]
Simple thing. New government - will recoup election expense in shortest possible time. Transport department has always been a gold mine. A contract of maybe a couple of crore plates at INR 450-750 each is a lot of value. Most probably given to cronies with a kick back in return. If you look at the names of companies on the GST invoice & their addresses, you see shop numbers in places like Madiwala or J C Road.
srh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 11:38   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Same plates used, same dye used, same stickering on the letters and numbers (black sticker with INDIA imprint). But do we have to pay almost 2.5 times of cost just for it to be updated in Vahan? This seems to be a ridiculous exercise. A set of plates that was costing as little as 200rs (of course they also installed it free, and many shops printed and gave plates in under 5 min) now costs 550rs (750 odd for cars) and all this circus? Seems like a nice sweet scam.[/b][/i]
There were no standard rates before either. The regular IND plates were 800-1000 for cars based on negotiation and the HSRP plates were 1200. Just before the notification, I checked with a "HSRP" dealer in HSR Layout and he was quoting 1300 and was willing to give 100 off in a group discount. So this 750 is a deal for me!
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 12:45   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I went into Value Suzuki to get the HSRP installed on my Access at the scheduled slot.
To our surprise, the plate had a typo. Instead of HW, it had been printed HN. All this sophistication, high security, etc. and they couldn't even proofread?
Then they said they couldn't do anything and I should follow up with where I booked and sort it out.
They said it comes from JC Road. I was like totally taken aback! They also told me very recently some other shop is providing the plates and they are making several such mistakes.
Surprised at your experience. As far as my newbie knowledge goes, Value Suzuki is correct that they are only responsible for fixing the HSRP to your vehicle. You are responsible for the upstream part and will need to take it up with Shimnit for the error and quality issues.

Only matter which the affixing entity is responsible for is to intimate the HSRP vendor that the deed has been done, so that they in turn can formally update VAHAN.

Let us know how it goes.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks