Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2023, 21:29   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Some news related to authorised vendors for HSRP.
Some interim relief for the common man- maybe the HC stays the whole process and calls for papers from the government in view of the contentions of the "not so influential" HSRP vendors. It can become a long battle.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 11:53   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100
Some news related to authorised vendors for HSRP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007
Some interim relief for the common man- maybe the HC stays the whole process
From the LiveLaw link - Additional Advocate General Vikram Huilgol submitted that there are no such exclusions and petitioners and other licensed manufacturers can still operate if they obtain necessary permission from OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
The AAG seems to be telling that the whole issue is between the OEMs and the HSRP manufacturers. I have noticed that Suzuki etc has this scheme of certifying some accessory (like a tyre inflator) and say that the warranties etc will only exist if such authorised accessories are used. Nice way to get money by issuing these certifications as well . So I don't think the order to fix the HSRP may get stayed completely. OEMs may also be pulled into the case and they can give their arguments as well.
Old 13th September 2023, 11:54   #198
BHPian

I have a KA03 registered car (2012) which is currently being driven in Hyderabad. Is it possible for me to get the HSRP plates fitted here in Hyderabad?
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 18:29   #199
Senior - BHPian

Today was the slot for my Duster. I got no reminders or SMS. I proactively called to check if the plates are ready. Personel said they will check and revert. In about a hour they confirmed they have received it and I could come at the slot.

I reached the place by 16:30. Place is Trident Renault, Palace Orchids, Bangalore. Security wasn't too interested in letting me in stating this is only sales even though I mentioned I was there for HSRP. After I said I had an appointment, he said park on the footpath and go enquire. He was acting as if he is the boss. Kept my cool and ignored. Reception was polite and asked to get the vehicle inside. By the time I went in with the car, a person was ready with the plates and tools.

In no time, he removed old plates and drilled holes on to new one using the old holes as reference. Bad thing was, he didn't care if the holes were on the letters ir numbers. By the time I could act, the damage was already done.

Install was a breeze and asked if I would wan to take the old plate, said I don't need.

In all, my stay there was probably just 6-7 minutes.

A quick video:
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_163912.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_163930.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_164116.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_164307.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_164338.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_165614.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_165621.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_165630.jpg  

Last edited by funkykar : 13th September 2023 at 18:34.
funkykar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 22:36   #200
BHPian

I see lot of BHPians are struggling like me to get their older vehicles' HSRP ordered due to the Manufacturer name as "OTHERS" error. I got my car's HSRP ordered easily but for my Bullet I was getting this error. Just dug through some youtube videos and got this video:

Scroll to 10:11 in the timeline to see the process of raising a complaint via the Vaahan portal for the change of Manufacturer details.

In short: Go to Vaahan login page and then browse to their feedback/complaints page, fill out the vehicle details and a JPEG/JPG (under 500KB) snapshot of your rc card/error page and describe the issue in the comments. My complaint is registered and a mail with complaint id is already been sent to me, let me see how much time the resolution takes.

Edit: I saw some comments in the internet that are saying that the Vaahan portal complaint will not be able to update these particulars and instead one has to visit RTO for vehicle details alteration. So I will update on how my process goes regarding this. One more trip to the RTO arrrrgghhh !!

Last edited by masterChief007 : 13th September 2023 at 22:56.
masterChief007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2023, 23:07   #201
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to this thread I placed my order from the link provided and got my new plates installed from my local Honda dealer as I had timed rhe installation for its major service.

Fun fact: I paid half the price for this actual IND plate than I had paid for those fake IND roadside shop plates in 2017 after being constantly harassed by a cop when I was working in Bengaluru. I am not sure how long this plate will last. First impression doesn't look very positive. Prints look like they could fade anyday.
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_151203.jpg  

HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-20230913_151213.jpg  

Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 11:29   #202
BHPian

I went to Nandi Toyota (Banaswadi branch) to get the number plates fixed for my car.
It did not take more than 10 minutes to fix it. But I have few queries:
• The person used normal screws instead of the ones that came with number plates. When asked he said, to fix the plates on a plastic (bumper), it is recommendable to use the normal screws. I could not argue with him. Could someone please reconfirm this?
• He did not even bother to paste the RTO sticker onto my car. Also, do they need to upload any details in the Vahan portal (which obviously they did not do)?

Somehow, I am not happy with my experience. The person who fixed the plates was arguing with the SA that they should start charging the customers for ‘fixing’ the plates. SA politely told him that there is a clear instructions from TKM not to charge the customers.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 11:37   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Today was the slot for my Duster.
Thanks for the informative post, did they take pictures and upload to the Vahan portal and did you get any notification for the same?
Old 14th September 2023, 11:43   #204
BHPian

Have my slot booked for Saturday at VW, Hosur road. Anyone has done the fitting there for their vehicle? Anything to keep in mind?
Old 14th September 2023, 14:41   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Got the HSRP fixed for my Creta today.
2 days back, got the SMS that the plates have been delivered. It was a smooth affair after the online booking.

However, for the first few days, the booking was not going through.
I am trying to book HSRP for my 2017 Hyundai Tucson car. But I keep getting an error message "Vehicle details didn't match with Vahan service".

The VIN# ends with a "*A". If I remove the '*' in the chassis#, then it gives a different error message "Please input Correct Registration Number of KARNATAKA State".

Anyone else ran into this? How to resolve?
Old 14th September 2023, 15:50   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Have my slot booked for Saturday at VW, Hosur road. Anyone has done the fitting there for their vehicle? Anything to keep in mind?
I got my Vento's number plates done here last week , took close to 20 minutes as they kept arguing amongst themselves on who's job it was to install the plates

But otherwise it was pretty straight forward, they had kept the numbers neatly stored in a secured place.
Gotham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:14   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I am trying to book HSRP for my 2017 Hyundai Tucson car. But I keep getting an error message "Vehicle details didn't match with Vahan service".

The VIN# ends with a "*A". If I remove the '*' in the chassis#, then it gives a different error message "Please input Correct Registration Number of KARNATAKA State".

Even I got the "Not Correct Registration for KA" message in the first 2 weeks. Then it went through. My guess is that they are loading in the details RTO wise or year wise. Mine is KA 51.

Even my Chasis/VIN number ends with an alphabet and I was trying both. But now don't remember which one went through.

You can try after a few days and see if it accepts the Chasis number.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:22   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I had experinced the same.
I used all special characters in the chassis number then it worked. When I was skipping special characters I was getting vahan errors. Also special characters count towards the last 5 digit count.
Old 14th September 2023, 16:24   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
I had experinced the same.
I used all special characters in the chassis number then it worked. When I was skipping special characters I was getting vahan errors. Also special characters count towards the last 5 digit count.
I tried that too, didn't work for me.
Old 14th September 2023, 19:01   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaranjos View Post
Here's my experience getting a HSRP for my Dio.
https://Youtu.be/4Uiug8kbiEc
Thanks for sharing your experience and the video, was quite useful in getting the HSRP for my RTR

Like you mentioned in the video, went to SIAM's website and just followed the instructions.
A SMS confirmed that my order was being processed by Shimnit and the appointment date and time were mentioned.
Got a call within 4 days from Sona Wheels Mysuru that my number had arrived, visited the next morning and was done in 5 minutes.
Impressive.

Last edited by shancz : 14th September 2023 at 19:02. Reason: added video link
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks