Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 11:20   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
This will go all the way till ZZ. Post this, my guess is they will add another letter. None of the series have reached there in Karnataka, hence cant comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
KA-03, which seems to be the fastest filling one in Karnataka, is currently at NQ or so. I expect it to spill over into Px zone by Q2 of next year.

I see that there is a KA-61 Marathahalli that is about to be operationalised. We will see how they do it first-hand over the next few years then.
The government has opened quite a bit of new RTOs now, all the way till KA70. Right now its only KA03 and KA05 which is running fast and 05 is reaching NH if not already. Since 03 already lost some pace due to 53, and now with Marathahalli, it should also slow down now. After this they might target to split 05 to another RTO for Bannerghatta or the area between Bannerghatta road and Kanakapura road and add one to cater to areas between Kanakapura Road and Mysore road to cover all the new areas that have developed in this region.

Laggards in my opinion are KA01, 02 and 04. Not sure why those RTOs are not preferred by dealers now that the RTO is not bound by your address proof.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 15:39   #152
BHPian

I finished HSRP Installation for my corolla at Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate.

I called the phone number listed on the HSRP invoice for confirming if the plates were received at the dealership. Post confirmation, Visited the sales section and got them installed. Zero Cost, No Drama, Nandi Toyota did the work quickly.
vivek.ks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 15:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

I still wonder how will they install it on vehicles with no provision for a number plate. A classic example is an old Bajaj Scooter. Will they drill a hole and install it? Do they have any specific guidelines on where it should be installed, how it should be installed, and will they provide necessary clamps, etc. if required? Has anyone got anything done like this or heard? Also, never seen an HSRP on a classic vehicle having the Cxx or Mxx series either. I wouldn't want to dare try it on my bajaj scooter. I will delay until the penultimate moment. But, am extremely curious.
Old 6th September 2023, 16:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
I still wonder how will they install it on vehicles with no provision for a number plate. A classic example is an old Bajaj Scooter. Will they drill a hole and install it? Do they have any specific guidelines on where it should be installed, how it should be installed, and will they provide necessary clamps, etc. if required? Has anyone got anything done like this or heard? Also, never seen an HSRP on a classic vehicle having the Cxx or Mxx series either. I wouldn't want to dare try it on my bajaj scooter. I will delay until the penultimate moment. But, am extremely curious.
In front, a single line HSRP will be drilled into the body just how it is for modern day scooters. No clamps, and obviously looks very ugly. Rear plate goes on the existing number plate. It's done for my Chetak (3 digit old WB number), but I can't find a photo of it on my phone right now and the scooter is 2000kms away from me.
Old 6th September 2023, 18:33   #155
BHPian

As per bookmyhsrp both my Volvo cars are construction equipment and there are no dealers for BMW in Karnataka. Unable to procced with HSRP booking for these 3 cars.

Last edited by mjumrani : 6th September 2023 at 18:33. Reason: Typo
Old 6th September 2023, 22:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My understanding of Karnataka RTO:
No letter, A,B,C,D - Commercial
E - 2 Wheeler
F - State transport buses
G- Government vehicles
H, J, K, L - 2 wheelers. Cant remember seeing I, don't know if its in use.
M, N - Cars
O - Dont know if it's in use. Never seen any vehicle in this series. Chances are it can be confused with '0' and purposefully omitted.
P - Cars
Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y - 2 Wheelers
Z - Cars
After A,B,C,D it'll be AA to AZ, BA to BZ, CA to CZ, DA to DZ barring I and O in between.

T is reserved for Tractors. T, TA, TB so on till TZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What I have observed is that (at least in Bangalore) - A-Z were assigned to all classes of vehicles (F & G were reserved). Once Z was breached and two-letter series were introduced, they went with this scheme:.
No, actually these Alphabet Series came only in 1990s onwards. What Bhpian funkykar has mentioned is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Laggards in my opinion are KA01, 02 and 04. Not sure why those RTOs are not preferred by dealers now that the RTO is not bound by your address proof.
Registration was always based on what area you reside in since ages. I guess the reason why 03 and 05 are ahead are due to higher consumers in that particular area. Also, many people change cars within 2 years. So, that particular category people might be more in these areas. I have visited many relatives homes in West and North Bangalore, almost many residences have cars which are more than 4 years old. Such kind of people tend to keep longer and hence registration of new vehicles is lower and therefore the series takes longer time to exhaust.

Take Mysore for example, since ages there was only 1 office (KA09), only in 2007/08 additional RTO was sanctioned (KA55). It's almost used for LL and DL purpose. Vehicles are hardly registered there. Most registrations are done in older office.

Comparable cities to Mysore like Mangalore which only has 1 office till now is only next to Bangalore in terms of registration. Every 11 months, next series is available. It's currently running in MN series.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 10:38   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Finally got a call around 4pm saying it has arrived. Now I can go anytime to get it fixed.
Got it fixed yesterday. All the drama was in reaching the place. Driving southbound on ORR towards Whitefield between 10-11am needs a stout heart. I kept thinking... "People do this every day????" About 45 minutes to cover 6kms.

Anyway, they removed the old fake HSRP, and riveted the new HSRP. Yup, riveted. No chance of removing ever, without causing damage.

What are you guys doing with the old plates? Can I just dump it into apartment's metal recycle bin?
Old 7th September 2023, 10:39   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvagarwal View Post
For the benefit of everyone visiting this thread, I'm listing the steps I followed to book HSRP for my vehicles online:

Will update once installed. Please feel free to add any pointers that I may have missed.
Quick Update:
I had an appointment with Varun Motors (Maruti) at Nagavara, Bangalore earlier this week, for installation of the HSRP. The plate arrived on the scheduled date. The contact person was knowledgeable and thorough, knew exactly what we wanted. The installation was quick and hassle-free. All in all, had a positive experience.
Old 7th September 2023, 12:00   #159
BHPian

Are they checking the RC card & owners ID while fixing the plates ? If so will I need to go by myself instead of sending my brother.

Quote:
...Anyway, they removed the old fake HSRP, and riveted the new HSRP. Yup, riveted. No chance of removing ever, without causing damage.
Rivets can be easily re-drilled & a slightly bigger rivet can be applied. Had read about someone whose number plate was fixed crooked so they had the plate drilled again. This was pre-HSRP though.

Quote:
What are you guys doing with the old plates? Can I just dump it into apartment's metal recycle bin?
I'm going to screw them into my garage wall.
Old 7th September 2023, 12:05   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Are they checking the RC card & owners ID while fixing the plates ? If so will I need to go by myself instead of sending my brother.
Nope.

They are not checking the RC card and owners ID while fixing the plates. But, this is for Toyota, I am not sure of how the process is for other brands.
TURBO28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 12:07   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Nope. If you show up with the car with the same plates, you are good to go. If someone with fake plates show up at the right time, they will get your genuine plates.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 12:21   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Got it fixed yesterday.

Anyway, they removed the old fake HSRP, and riveted the new HSRP. Yup, riveted. No chance of removing ever, without causing damage.
Hi,
Can you let us know if the details have been updated on the VAHAN database?

Did you ask the dealership about it, if not done already?

Thanks.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:50   #163
Senior - BHPian

Owners of Chevrolet cars - any update on how to get HSRP? The SIAM site does not offer any info., Contacting the RTO, Chevrolet support, and the authorized service centers also has not helped.
Old 7th September 2023, 13:58   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHegde View Post
Will keep the thread posted on our Global Ford Fiesta's HSRP installation scheduled on Friday, 08th August at Cauvery Ford, Binnystone Garden...
Even I managed to book a slot for Friday, 8th Sept. Hopefully it happens without much fuss. Maybe we can run into each other there(couldn't send you a DM).
Old 7th September 2023, 16:00   #165
BHPian

For my Activa (which is 18+ years old), this is what i get to see when i enter the vehicle details.
Any idea how to proceed on this?
Attached Thumbnails
HSRP mandatory in Karnataka | EDIT: Deadline extended to 17th May 2024-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks