Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-gbo2dweagaa0lf0.jpg  

Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-gbo2dy0acaankhb.jpg  

Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-gbo2dyzaoaan9jd.jpg  

Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-gbo1949baaa8iwn.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:58   #107
BHPian

Re: Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India

its very confusing. Does this mean 360 camera and ADAS available only in X-Line and not even in GTX? Very disappointing if true. Any word on pricing yet?
Old 14th December 2023, 13:02   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
its very confusing. Does this mean 360 camera and ADAS available only in X-Line and not even in GTX? Very disappointing if true. Any word on pricing yet?
Yes, It is confusing. I think it's a mistake in the brochure because the website says it's available in the GTX+ trim. Offering these features only with a single color option doesn't make sense.

Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-screenshot-20231214-12.59.478239pm.png
robincsamuel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
All new Kia Sonet brochure
Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Yes, It is confusing. I think it's a mistake in the brochure because the website says it's available in the GTX+ trim. Offering these features only with a single color option doesn't make sense.

Attachment 2543762
I noticed Seltos brochure is same as well. Mentioned there that ADAS and 360 camera is available in X-line however in reality its there in GTX as well. Kia should have been more careful about such things.
Old 14th December 2023, 13:08   #110
BHPian

As per the brochure, the front ventilated seats are pulling a double shift in the limelight for the HTX+. In one corner, it's like, 'Hey, we're exclusive, only for the G1.0T 7DCT and D1.5 iMT/6AT crew.' But then in another part it seems be available for all engine-gearbox combo.

Plot twist: the HTX+ model doesn't roll with the G1.0T 7DCT and D1.5 6AT options. Who created this brochure? Also, in the pre-facelift, Cruise Control was rocking the party from the HTX variant. Fast forward to now, it's gotten a promotion and is VIP-exclusive at the HTX+ club.

Name:  Sonet_HTXPlus.png
Views: 474
Size:  105.4 KB

Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-sonet_engine_gearbox_combo.png
bronco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:15   #111
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
As per the brochure, the front ventilated seats are pulling a double shift in the limelight for the HTX+. In one corner, it's like, 'Hey, we're exclusive, only for the G1.0T 7DCT and D1.5 iMT/6AT crew.' But then in another part it seems be available for all engine-gearbox combo.

Plot twist: the HTX+ model doesn't roll with the G1.0T 7DCT and D1.5 6AT options. Who created this brochure? Also, in the pre-facelift, Cruise Control was rocking the party from the HTX variant. Fast forward to now, it's gotten a promotion and is VIP-exclusive at the HTX+ club.

Attachment 2543764

Attachment 2543765
There are many nuances across all Kia brochures. I never refer them as either they are incorrect or they need to provide a KEY to read them accurately.

Even in Seltos and Carens it's the same story. I usually refer the specs page, which has trim comparison. Gives you the accurate results of which variant holds what information.

Here is the specs page for Seltos FL.
07CR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:17   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post

Attachment 2543764

Attachment 2543765
Seriously, the guy responsible for printing this brochure should be sacked. This is so embarrassing actually. Wonder why they could not print old school brochure with trims on top columns and features (with ticked circles) in rows. its so easy to understand and chances of mistake is pretty less.
rahul412 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:22   #113
BHPian

Quote:
its very confusing. Does this mean 360 camera and ADAS available only in X-Line and not even in GTX? Very disappointing if true.
Quote:
I noticed Seltos brochure is same as well. Mentioned there that ADAS and 360 camera is available in X-line however in reality its there in GTX as well. Kia should have been more careful about such things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
There are many nuances across all Kia brochures. I never refer them as either they are incorrect or they need to provide a KEY to read them accurately.
This has been the case right from the inception! Kia's brochures are pathetic and only leads to confusion.

Like You said, it's best to refer their online spec compare page.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

I am always a bit confused with the Sonet positioning. For a regular customer, the only significant difference vis a vis the Seltos is the absence of the 1.5 tgdi. That apart, how many people would be actually buying the 1.2 NA engine, which must feel anaemic in this car? Features wise its not too different from the Seltos. So should the Sonet have been the Seltos and should the Seltos have been something may be significantly bigger , more capable( AWD) ?
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:10   #115
BHPian

Does any know if we can get features of HTX+ as addon for HTX DCT Variant since HTX+ is not there in 7DCT variant?
I see significant differences between HTX & GTX for DCT variant and for sure price would be as well.

Last edited by m2maddy : 14th December 2023 at 15:17. Reason: Refine question
Old 14th December 2023, 15:22   #116
BHPian

Totally agree that Kia brochures are very confusing and someone needs to fix them!

Re: ventilated seats, these are available for both HTX and HTX+ variants. The difference is that for HTX these are available for select transmission types ONLY (i.e.G1.0T 7DCT and D1.5 iMT / 6 AT) whereas for HTX+ these are available for ALL transmission types that HTX+ comes in (G1.0T 6iMT, 1.5l CRDI VGT 6iMT and 1.5l CRDI VGT 6MT).

But yes, it's very hard to comprehend that reading the brochure.

Also, it doesn't help that Kia has offered 7 variants across 6 transmission types with so many permutations and combinations!!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Sonet Facelift spotted testing in India-screenshot-20231214-151129.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by Virtualaman : 14th December 2023 at 15:36.
Virtualaman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:41   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Features wise its not too different from the Seltos.
That's exactly the reason I got a Sonet instead of a Creta/Seltos because the only major difference I felt was the length of the car and therefore the additional legroom for rear passengers. And we didn't care about that since the rear seat is only occupied by our 5-year-old daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maddy View Post
Does any know if we can get features of HTX+ as addon for HTX DCT Variant since HTX+ is not there in 7DCT variant?
I see significant differences between HTX & GTX for DCT variant and for sure price would be as well.
I don't think they'll do that. Probably, they're trying to balance the price since all these features + 7DCT would make the price closer to the GTX+. And maybe also to make the HTX+ iMT attractive.

Btw, the trim options are now removed from the website.
robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:56   #118
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am always a bit confused with the Sonet positioning. For a regular customer, the only significant difference vis a vis the Seltos is the absence of the 1.5 tgdi. That apart, how many people would be actually buying the 1.2 NA engine, which must feel anaemic in this car? Features wise its not too different from the Seltos. So should the Sonet have been the Seltos and should the Seltos have been something may be significantly bigger , more capable( AWD) ?
Significant differences between both. I have a Sonet HTX iMT Turbo Petrol. Now I am also purchasing a Seltos GT Line Turbo DCT.

Assuming the Sonet Top of the line comes in at around 18 L OTR, and considering I am getting the GT Line Seltos at 23L OTR in Pune, few differences from my side for 5L-

1.5 TGDI vs 1.0 TGDI
Much bigger and better interior ambience
Larger boot space
Build quality seems better in the New Seltos (Comparing this to my pre Facelift Sonet). Not just the panel build quality, but quality in general.
Dual Zone AC
Pano Sunroof
Auto Hold
EPB
Rain Sensing wipers
One touch up down for all windows
8 speaker BOSE vs 7 in Sonet

ADAS Level2-
  • Adaptive cruise control
  • Blindspot collission warning (mirror and MID)
  • Blindspot colission avoidance
  • Safe Exit warning
  • Rear cross traffic alert

Better ambient lighting setup
Rear Disc brakes
Telescopic steering adjust
UV Cut glasses
8 way electric seat adjust vs 4 way in Sonet.

Apart from this the performance upgrade is massive. Seltos just pulls and pulls on the highway. The ride and handling upgrade too is massive. Seltos rides much more composed be it the City or highway. IMO, if money is not a constraint the additional 5L you spend, gives much better value to you.

Last edited by 07CR : 14th December 2023 at 15:57.
07CR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:05   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on the engine of choice. For petrol, 1.5 turbo is a significant upgrade in Seltos. But if it's about diesel engine, it's a question of preference. We have both Seltos and Sonet in D AT avatar. And my personal pick always has been Sonet due to slight more punch from engine.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 16:28   #120

Quote:

Yep - this was a shock to me! Immediate deal breaker as a buyer if true - not a fan of the X-Line at all!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks