Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2023, 12:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

4th-gen Toyota Vellfire launched at Rs. 1.20 crore

Toyota has launched the fourth-generation Vellfire in India. The luxury MPV is available in two variants: Hi and VIP, priced at Rs. 1,19,90,000 and Rs. 1,29,90,000, respectively (ex-showroom).

4th-gen Toyota Vellfire launched at Rs. 1.20 crore-vellfirewith-backgroundmin.jpg

The new Vellfire is based on Toyota's TNGA-K platform. It measures just under 5 meters in length and features a massive 6-slat grille up front. The MPV comes with new LED headlamps and a redesigned front bumper with vertical vents and chrome trim around its edges.

Inside, you get a 14-inch central touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity and a 15-speaker JBL sound system. The Executive Lounge offers 14-inch rear-seat entertainment. The 2nd-row seats are also equipped with a massage function and a detachable power control device with pre-set modes. The MPV also gets pull-down sun blinds and independently operable moonroof shades

Powering the Vellfire is a 2.5-litre 4-cylinder petrol engine paired with a hybrid system. It generates 190 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 240 Nm @ 4,300-4,500 rpm. The claimed fuel economy of this Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle (SHEV) is 19.28 km/l.

The Vellfire is equipped with several safety features, including 6 airbags, VSC, Panoramic View Monitor, Parking Assist Alerts and Hill Assist Control. The car gets Toyota Safety Sense, which includes features like Pre-Collision Safety System, Lane Trace Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Adaptive High Beam LED Headlamps and Blind Spot Monitor. It is also equipped with shock absorbers that mechanically adjust damping force based on road surface vibrations.

The Toyota Vellfire is available in three exterior colours: Platinum Pearl White, Jet Black and Precious Metal. The interior can be specced in Sunset Brown, Neutral Beige or Black.

The Vellfre comes with a 3-year / 1,00,000 km warranty. Toyota offers an extended warranty of up to 5 years /2,20,000 km, 3 years free roadside assistance and 8 years / 1,60,000 km warranty on the Hybrid battery.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd August 2023 at 12:57.
TusharK is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 13:38   #2
BANNED

Re: 4th-gen Toyota Vellfire launched at Rs. 1.20 crore

Damn. 1.5CR on the road for Vellfire. My late 2020 Vellfire was approx 96lakhs, so now we have 50% price increase in 3 years. Anyways, I am attaching the brochure of the latest model.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-vellfire.pdf (3.79 MB, 283 views)
aseem23 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 13:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The price of the last-gen Vellfire was 97-lakhs ex-showroom earlier this year, so that's a 23-lakh jump for the next-gen car that is superior in so many ways. Expensive, but it has a legion of followers. And frankly, for chauffeur-driven owners, it is more comfortable than most <2-crore luxury sedans.

What I'm really excited about is the 4th-gen Kia Carnival which will bridge the huge gap between the Innova Hycross on one hand and the Vellfire on the other. As a CKD, it will be at a far more attainable price.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 14:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Paying a bit extra for the new generation isn't too bad since you ARE getting something for it. Paying a lot extra for the same generation is. I feel slightly bad for all the people who overpaid for the last gen in 2022-2023. Hopefully, they got some discounts or other freebies atleast.

Anyway, I'm happy to see Toyota bring in the new gen to India with only about a month delay from the global markets. Porsche too has been bringing in their new products without much delay. Meanwhile, the GLC is getting launched after more than a year since it was available for purchase globally.

Also I think the power output is wrong. 190ps is solely from the engine, combined with the electric motors it makes around 250ps if I'm not mistaken.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 16:46   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that was a quick launch. But then, being a CBU it is not particularly hard to import and sell. Begs the question why Toyota doesn't bring in more CBUs regardless of selling price.

Wonder how they will price the Lexus LM then? Maybe give it the new 2.4l turbo hybrid petrol to differentiate it more or would just offer it with the 4 seater rear partitioned model.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th August 2023 at 21:31. Reason: quoted post deleted
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 19:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The price of the last-gen Vellfire was 97-lakhs ex-showroom earlier this year, so that's a 23-lakh jump for the next-gen car that is superior in so many ways.
Launched at 80 Lac, I should have continued my booking and could have sold at profits

I doubt the superiority, it's about the same as the past. The older one was fairly well-loaded and appears to be the same in this case as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Paying a bit extra for the new generation isn't too bad since you ARE getting something for it. Paying a lot extra for the same generation is. I feel slightly bad for all the people who overpaid for the last gen in 2022-2023. Hopefully, they got some discounts or other freebies at least
There's a backlog of old ones. No one got any discounts and they should be happy seeing this price increase. Won't be surprised if they can sell it higher than the purchase price.

It's a very wrong price by Toyota but like everything else, am sure they will find buyers given the tiny size of our market. Toyota India's mantra is simply, to sell only a few cars at 10 times the global profits and enjoy the earnings.

This car is not worth 150K USD and pricing is a joke any way you look at it.
Turbanator is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 19:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

That's about 1.7Cr here in KA , priced same as likes of GLS/X7. Pricing is hard to digest(I believe gets same powertrain as prev gen?) and the GLS/X7 being SUV's with massive road presence/practicality makes for better option.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 20:00   #8

If there’s one thing Velfire has, it’s presence. You just can’t miss one even among the sea of GLS and X7s in NCR traffic. The price increase, though substantial, isn’t a very big factor for Toyota’s target audience. I am yet to see anyone owning Velfire as the house flagship. The people who own this vehicle are using it as a tool rather than a status symbol now. It is for those who need and appreciate that “Extra” over an Innova Hycross or Carnival.
Shorya1412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 10:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Does the Velfire really belong to the segment of the 1 Cr+ S class, Range Rover and the like, in build, components and performance? Especially in mature markets given quirky pricing history in India (Landcruiser for example)

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 4th August 2023 at 10:12.
GeeTee TSI is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 11:58   #10
BHPian

Wow, what a monstrosity, does anyone here think that this metal abomination is worth 1.2cr? Sure it may be comfortable, but looks do matter. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Old 5th August 2023, 12:27   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremePocca View Post
Wow, what a monstrosity, does anyone here think that this metal abomination is worth 1.2cr? Sure it may be comfortable, but looks do matter. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise
Try it once, and then you will realize. Being an owner of the previous model, I can vouch for the car. It is worth every penny though everyone has their preferences. In my garage, it is our obvious choice for long journeys especially with Kids.
aseem23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 14:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

This class of car is not for people who worry about the 2Cr expense, EMI, resale value, fuel efficiency, maintenance costs or service costs.

The only class of customers targeted here are those pay 2+ Cr tax to the Government and would rather spend on a capital asset and write off the depreciation as loss on income and own the car over 3-4 years, and at the end also make a profit by reselling a written off asset at say 70% discount after 4-5 years. That 30L resale will attract tax, yes, but thats a different topic.

So whatever the public reviews of such cars, it will sell to people who value an office on wheels that can carry 2-3 CxO delegates and have a meeting on the go to save time. That is the only selling point when you compare this van against a 2+Cr S-Class/A8/7Series.
svsantosh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 15:23   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Does the Velfire really belong to the segment of the 1 Cr+ S class, Range Rover and the like, in build, components and performance? Especially in mature markets given quirky pricing history in India (Landcruiser for example)
It is imported, hence the high price.

The Vellfire's most popular markets are Hong Kong and Japan I believe. In Hong Kong an S450 4matic costs around Rs. 1.70 crores, while the topmost Vellfire variant costs Rs. 1.16 crores. In Japan, the Vellfire costs Rs. 48-52 lakhs depending on the variant, while the S class 400d LWB costs Rs. 1.10 crores, and optioned out with extras which I believe are available in the Indian S class ,comes to around Rs. 1.23 crores. These are all taken from websites, and am not sure if there are additional taxes, but the difference between Vellfire and S class pricing is evident.

In India, the new Vellfire costs Rs. 1.50 crores OTR, while an S class costs 2-2.5 crores OTR. And Range Rover starts at 3 crores OTR. Regarding underpinnings, it shares the engine and platform with the Camry that is available for around Rs. 58 lakhs OTR. So if it was assembled here like the Camry, it would have been priced at max 65 lakhs tops. But it is a niche segment, and the buyers are ready to pay for it as there isn't really an alternative to the Vellfire in the indian market. The thing is made for Asian city traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremePocca View Post
The buyers of these care two hoots about what others may think. They are happy when they are comfortable.
I liked the previous Vellfire styling cause I saw it as a van. The new one looks a bit ornate for my tastes, but then the buyers may not care. With celebrities and industrialists using them and the intimidating look in your ORVMs, it has earned street cred for sure. So beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 15:34   #14
BHPian

OT but is it just me or have those executives been shopped into the picture with the car ?
The lighting, shadows and reflections are way too inconsistent, just look at the guys trousers in front of the wheels as well as his left palm.
psyph3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 16:11   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyph3r View Post
OT but is it just me or have those executives been shopped into the picture with the car ?
Yes, it's a poorly executed photoshop job and it's not uncommon in automobile marketing campaign scenarios.

But let's stick to the thread topic and not divert the discussion.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks