Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2023, 20:06   #31

Re: Brezza: Maruti removes Smart Hybrid technology from all MT variants, now only for AT?

My new Brezza ZXI Manual (without Smart Hybrid) is giving only 6.5-7 kmpl mileage. Driven around 200 kilometres. Is this normal for a new car or abnormally low? I am still getting used to the car. I have driven an Alto LXI before and I was able to get 14-15 kmpl in the city. I am a light footed driver.
t_chat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 23:35   #32
BHPian

Re: Brezza: Maruti removes Smart Hybrid technology from all MT variants, now only for AT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_chat View Post
My new Brezza ZXI Manual (without Smart Hybrid) is giving only 6.5-7 kmpl mileage. Driven around 200 kilometres. Is this normal for a new car or abnormally low? I am still getting used to the car.
Is it in bumper to bumper traffic or are you a highly spirited driver?

As far as I know, single digit mileage is unheard of with Marutis. Especially since it is a manual, I would expect mileage in the range of 12+ even for a new Maruti. The two terms go hand in hand. I would consider observing on a full tank and checking the air pressure with the manufacturer’s spec.

If it is specific to this engine, I’m sure other BHPians can shed a light.

Last edited by SixPistons : 14th August 2023 at 23:35. Reason: Grammar
SixPistons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 12:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomotiveWorsh View Post
what more Maruti has changed which resulted in reduced milage as claimed by them only notwithstanding the fact that milage is one of their main USP.
The mileage figures are company claimed (ARAI rating). I really doubt such figures are possible unless you always drive with AC off and no more than 40-50 km/h. Plus the start-stop feature needs to be on as well if driving in traffic.
In real world the mileage should not be affected much by simply removing the mild hybrid.
I just wish they had given some discount or additional features instead. Even the rear seatbelt reminder is useless as they haven't put any weight sensor and it will keep ringing even if you are alone.
Old 20th August 2023, 16:38   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGCST View Post
The mileage figures are company claimed (ARAI rating). I really doubt such figures are possible unless you always drive with AC off and no more than 40-50 km/h. Plus the start-stop feature needs to be on as well if driving in traffic.
In real world the mileage should not be affected much by simply removing the mild hybrid.
I just wish they had given some discount or additional features instead. Even the rear seatbelt reminder is useless as they haven't put any weight sensor and it will keep ringing even if you are alone.
The point related to rear seat belt reminder is really true. Such stupid cost cutting tricks are possible in our country only.
Old 27th August 2023, 01:26   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_chat View Post
My new Brezza ZXI Manual (without Smart Hybrid) is giving only 6.5-7 kmpl mileage. Driven around 200 kilometres. Is this normal for a new car or abnormally low? I am still getting used to the car. I have driven an Alto LXI before and I was able to get 14-15 kmpl in the city. I am a light footed driver.
The mileage you are getting is very low.Visit your nearest maruti service centre and they might fix the issue.

Brezza without smart hybrid gives 3 kmpl lesser mileage than the one with smart hybrid.But it should normally give a better mileage than 6.5 or 7.
Old 27th September 2023, 22:16   #36
BHPian

Does anyone know what's the replacement cost of this smart hybrid battery in case it goes bad?
Old 2nd October 2023, 16:05   #37
BHPian

I don't care about the perceived benefits of mild-hybrid tech so what would happen (in the AMT top variant) if I remove the Li-on battery under the passenger seat and reclaim that space for some other use? Can it cause a malfunction in the engine or MID other than an "always lit" warning light ? Will it void the manufacturer's warranty?
Old 2nd October 2023, 16:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
Does anyone know what's the replacement cost of this smart hybrid battery in case it goes bad?
Rs55,000/- as per 2020-21 prices. Not sure about current prices. TBHP member LeoShashi had posted a photo of its MRP somewhere in his XL6 ownership thread IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
what would happen if I remove the Li-on battery under the passenger seat? Can it cause a malfunction in the engine or MID other than an "always lit" warning light ? Will it void the manufacturer's warranty?
Removing the battery will void the warranty, manufacturers just need an excuse and this is a big one.

There will be an always lit warning. And mild hybrid related benefits will be gone i.e. toque assist, start stop and FE gains. There will be no impact on the engine whatsoever.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 16:11   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somil07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Rs55,000/- as per 2020-21 prices. Not sure about current prices. TBHP member LeoShashi had posted a photo of its MRP somewhere in his XL6 ownership thread IIRC.

Approximately 63k for the newer 72Wh ones. Approximately 60k for older 36Wh ones.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 22:08   #40
BHPian

Drove a Brezza without the Smart Hybrid. There is literally no difference whatsoever. Low end drivability is pretty good and I could take off directly in 2nd gear. Tested with 2 more adults in the car.
RGCST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 22:17   #41
BHPian

I took a test drive of Brezza AT few days back and found it a bit unpredictable when taking off from standstill. With light accelerator input, the car either didn't move or the response was very dull whereas a slight nudge on the throttle used to end up in a wheel spin. My concern is in B2B traffic where I would either not move or might bump into the car in front if this behavior is normal. Can the actual owners here throw more light on this?

Also, my TD was in city conditions and I couldn't cross above 80 kph. How's the behavior at highway speeds? Does it really run out of breath ~100 kmph? Guess I'm spoilt by my Duster AWD but really looking for convenience of an automatic at this point.

Last edited by Somil07 : 11th October 2023 at 22:19.
Old 21st January 2024, 11:57   #42
BHPian

Seems like the mild hybrid tech is making a comeback in the zxi and zxi + MT trims for the brezza.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...jIaS5Hz0lund0u
Old 21st January 2024, 12:33   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
Fresh stocks of mild hybrid equipped Zxi and Zxi+ have started coming since early Jan. There’s a price hike too, since Jan 10.
Old 21st January 2024, 14:29   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
^^
Fresh stocks of mild hybrid equipped Zxi and Zxi+ have started coming since early Jan. There’s a price hike too, since Jan 10.
I too read the article but it says that it'll be effective from 16th Jan. Secondly, did they announce the new prices anywhere?

PS: article link
Old 21st January 2024, 18:27   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_dream View Post
I too read the article but it says that it'll be effective from 16th Jan. Secondly, did they announce the new prices anywhere?
I didn’t read it anywhere but got both this info from my local dealers who I was speaking to. These are announcements in news as well. Maybe the dealers were wrong about the effective date when they informed me in late December.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...387762498.html

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st January 2024 at 18:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks