Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 12:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jeep introduces assured buyback & extended warranty scheme

Jeep India has announced a new buyback and extended warranty scheme under the Jeep Adventure Assured program. It also includes annual maintenance, roadside assistance, insurance and offers a 27% EMI to Compass and Meridian customers.

Jeep introduces assured buyback & extended warranty scheme-2022jeepmeridian01.jpg

Under the Adventure Assured program, Jeep is offering a buyback of up to 55% of the vehicle's ex-showroom cost for 3-year and 4-year terms and mileage of up to 20,000 km/year. All-inclusive lower EMI plans start at Rs 39,999.

Adventure Assured covers annual maintenance and repairs. It even includes tyres and batteries, that are outside the purview of the comprehensive warranty. The program also provides comprehensive insurance coverage for the 1st year on the Jeep Compass and Meridian.

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep introduces assured buyback & extended warranty scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Jeep India has announced a new buyback and extended warranty scheme under the Jeep Adventure Assured program
Not surprising, given that June 2023 saw less than 500 dispatches, possibly their lowest ever. All this could have been avoided, only if Jeep India had priced their products sensibly to begin with!

Last edited by cool_dube : 17th July 2023 at 13:10.
cool_dube is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:25   #3
BHPian

This sounds like the swan song of Jeep. I am actually more discouraged by this announcement than anything. They don't even try to create a marketing buzz by announcing future products nor have they been testing future Jeep products in India. It looks like the grim reaper has come to collect the soul of Jeep India Inc.

Last edited by manson : 17th July 2023 at 14:37. Reason: Typo.
Nikhildrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Jeep struggling to stay afloat after a few years of doing the absolute bare minimum to expand its own product portfolio while absolutely doing nothing with the affordable and very recallable Fiat brand all this while.

Would anybody miss them if they shut shop in India?
Zero updates to the products, no facelift just half yearly price hikes and then year end discounts when products fail to move.

Imagine if Jeep showrooms were multi-brand selling Fiat cars to the masses on the other side with a wall between them so that the relatively rich Jeep customers need not have to walk past the relatively lower middle income group Fiat customer?

Sure it would look like segregation between the rich and the poor but it would also help keep the dealership afloat with more sales and a shared service network.

Could Fiat then have not gone on an onslaught of products in the 10l to 30l onroad car segments with a Panda/ Punto/ Mobi/ Argo/ Cronos/ Tipo anf gained a bigger service network?
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 13:32   #5
BANNED

Not sure whether such marketing gimmicks will help Jeep since their sales are declining. Stellantis brand overall is doing poorly in India, all thanks to obnoxious pricing, and poor customer feedback (i.e., rattling noise, ASS issues, etc)
Old 17th July 2023, 13:33   #6
BHPian

It looks like one more American brand is in the verge of closing their shop in India. Also none of the American companies were able to judge the pulse of Indians like the way Japanese and Koreans companies could do.
Kkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 14:25   #7
BHPian

Recently I enquired about this scheme and the starting price of 29,999 INR is for Compass Sport with close to 30% down payment and 15% balloon payment. As much I love driving this car, hate to say that Jeep is a ticking time bomb.
bullitt1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 14:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

A lot of Jeep's struggles are of their own doing - ambitious pricing (for Indian context. For e.g. Jeep Compass is similarly priced to Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V in US too), poor product planning, average reliability, lack of marketing, mediocre ASS experience etc.

I want to reflect a bit broadly though. As a customer, this makes me sad. Indian automotive sector is losing choice of automotive manufacturers. At this rate, we'll eventually end us choosing between desi, korean, and semi-Jap manufacturers. And Germans for luxury. Like in most JDM markets. Euros are working in limited capacity (VW, Renault, Stellantis - Citroen-Fiat-Jeep), American have wound up (Ford, Chevy), some Japs are struggling (Honda, Nissan).

I would rather have more choice as each manufacturer generally brings something unique to the table. I mean if you drive Korean-Jap cars - they 'feel' so similar in most respects!

Not defending Jeep's lack of competitiveness in our market, but wish we retain more choices as customers.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 17th July 2023 at 14:43.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 14:55   #9
BHPian

Unpopular opinion alert: These should be taken as efforts from Jeep to induce the peace of mind that customers are lacking at this point. The Meridian is leaps and bounds better than the Fortuner in all aspects apart from reliability and resale value.

We often blame brands but fail to look at the mirror. On threads where a Seltos splits into 2 pieces, we abuse Kia for making an unsafe car, whereas we don't appreciate Jeep for the kind of strong and sturdy vehicles they build. The compass in priced pretty fair for what it offers, and I wouldn't argue with anybody who compares this with the Korean twins. (Kindly experience the Compass before making any comment).

In my tenure of owning the Compass, it has been nothing but spectacular and I'd take the plunge again if I had to decide today as well. My friends who own the 3 series feels the interiors are almost at par and another owning an X1 feels the Jeep is better. Change the perception to see that Jeep is providing a solid, amazing to drive, safe vehicle that can be compared to the Germans at a much lower price.

About the persisting issues, I think we all can agree that 2% unhappy customers make more noise than the 98% happy ones.
aenkay91 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:44   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat has always been a one trick pony, and over time the pony too has gotten flogged - but they have always managed to revive themselves.
Jeep being a sister company but similar management doesn't seem to be doing things differently. There is a new Jeep model lined up to rival the Creta & it would probably revive the sales for a bit as has always been the case with Stellantis, and once things dry up - probably have another new model up for launch.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 08:21   #11
BHPian

I think Jeep has settled for a strategy to make more profit per car than go for mass market, and hence they price their cars with more margin than I believe other OEMs do (i.e. overpriced).

When they launched the new Compass in 2021, I believe they would have done that with some confidence that they will stick around for a few years, else why invest money in the product refresh? They might have hoped for more numbers, but since that is not happening, I believe they are keen to maximize returns from the few cars they sell.

Initiatives like this may help bring in some sales, and it appears that Jeep has not completely given up on the market.
aayusht is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 09:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenkay91 View Post
Unpopular opinion alert: These should be taken as efforts from Jeep to induce the peace of mind that customers are lacking at this point. The Meridian is leaps and bounds better than the Fortuner in all aspects apart from reliability and resale value.

We often blame brands but fail to look at the mirror. On threads where a Seltos splits into 2 pieces, we abuse Kia for making an unsafe car, whereas we don't appreciate Jeep for the kind of strong and sturdy vehicles they build. The compass in priced pretty fair for what it offers, and I wouldn't argue with anybody who compares this with the Korean twins. (Kindly experience the Compass before making any comment).

In my tenure of owning the Compass, it has been nothing but spectacular and I'd take the plunge again if I had to decide today as well. My friends who own the 3 series feels the interiors are almost at par and another owning an X1 feels the Jeep is better. Change the perception to see that Jeep is providing a solid, amazing to drive, safe vehicle that can be compared to the Germans at a much lower price.

About the persisting issues, I think we all can agree that 2% unhappy customers make more noise than the 98% happy ones.
Everything you've said is so on point. The car is a tank, drives brilliantly and frankly extended warranty and maintenance packages are more towards fixing the customers' concerns about peace of mind rather than a last ditch attempt that many take this for.

Are they doing everything perfectly in India? No. But I've seen that most people who like to s*it on Jeep have never driven one and are just going by the size only. You end up seeing arguments like: "I could get a hycross/Xuv700/Safari for this much and seat more people"
sid3091 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:51   #13
BHPian

I dodged a bullet with the Compass, test drove one and was about to book when TeamBHP first shared the memo which mentioned discontinuation of the petrol models. On asking the dealer they refused any knowledge about it until the official announcement was made. I don't see them staying around for much longer, most probably will go with only CBU import models staying.
Bhodrolok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 19:55   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Can't agree more! "The Compass is not a 50% more expensive Creta but a 50% cheaper X1" - don't remember where I read this quote but its absolutely true.

However, Jeep needs to expand the line. Post the Compass, the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee are stupid expensive. (And I don't really consider the Meridian a separate model.)
They need atleast two more cars one to slot above the Compass and one bellow each with 15-20% price gap between the models.

It will be a sad day if Jeep also leaves India. We will have a huge gap between the Korean twins/XUV700/Harrier at one end and GLA/X1s at the other.
timuseravan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 20:28   #15
e46
BHPian

Quote:

Here is my take, and I think this is important. No matter how much we report about increased buying power, growing disposable income & aspirations, a high entry price barrier deters a lot many buyers who otherwise could have helped change the perception that Enkay mentioned.

Remember, rising iflation & input costs are impacting prices like never before, but the same is not happening in terms of median income. So a lot of us settle for the lesser priced Creta rather than stretching to go for Compass.

I hope a price correction happens soon, even though it is highly unlikely.
e46 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks