Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 17:43   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option

Birdie whispers that Mahindra is getting ready to launch additional variants of the XUV700 in the days ahead, most possibly during the festive season.

5 new variants are in the offing, out of which at least 4 will see the light of day. One variant between the AX5 & the AX7 (possibly an AX5 "L"), and three variants above the AX7 - an AX7 "new suffix", an AX9 and an AX9 "L". There will be more AT options given, as well as at least 1 more AWD optional variant.

A powered tailgate, ventilated seats all around, powered IRVM, 6-seater options, sliding 2nd row, updated Connected Apps and a rear LED strip are said to be on offer. A few other goodies are being reported but unconfirmed for now.

In addition, a couple of existing petrol/diesel variants might get the axe when this mid-life refresh and variant re-jig is announced. Expect yet another increment in prices too.
RavenAvi is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 21:38   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie whispers that Mahindra is getting ready to launch additional variants of the XUV700 in the days ahead, most possibly during the festive season.

A powered tailgate, ventilated seats all around, powered IRVM, 6-seater options, sliding 2nd row, updated Connected Apps and a rear LED strip are said to be on offer. A few other goodies are being reported but unconfirmed for now.
Very interesting. Hopefully some of the new features like powered tailgate, powered IRVM and updated Connected Apps can be back ported to the current variants.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 22:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
Completed 6 months and 5000kms of my AX7L P AT. This running is more than I had anticipated as this is not my daily driver. This is used only on leisurely drives and outstation trips. The last trip being to Kuno Jungle Resort where I drove 500+kms within 9.5 hours including a couple of breaks, and truly realizing the comfort this car provides.
Hey Sumer, Congrats on the AX7L P AT.
Welcome to the world of exhilarating rides and the timeless allure of the mStallion Engine.

Curiosity has me wondering about your current fuel efficiency mastery and whether the XP95 still graces your present-day endeavors.

Look forward to your reply mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That's a wonderful insight. So Mahindra is making up for missing the THAR/Armada launch this Independence.

I really wish they find a way for AX5T to come with a cruise control function that can be retrofitted to the existing AX5 P/D MT/AT. I believe you are aware that AX5 New Zealand got the AX5 with Cruise Control.

Below are my thoughts on the feature-wise variant split:
1. AX5T: 6-Seater Configuration, Cruise Control, and a Special Color Option. This would compete against the XT+ Dark Edition of Harrier/Safari. Could be priced 30-40k over the current AX5.
2. AX7T: Over AX7L might come with Ventilated Seats, Auto-Dimming IRVM, and a few more connected apps. Could be priced 50-70k over the current AX7.
3. AX9: Over AX7 + 6 Seater Configuration + Sliding 2nd Row, Auto-Dimming IRVM, Powered Tail Gate and special color.
4. AX9L: Over AX7L + 6 Seater Configuration + Sliding 2nd Row, Auto-Dimming IRVM, Powered Tail Gate and special color. Competing against the RED DARK XZ+/XZA+.

I doubt if they bring a connected rear tail lamp now to these variants coz, I believe Mahindra would save that for their XUV e8.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th July 2023 at 10:08. Reason: Merging back to back posts :)
rudra_shiv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:01   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option - Posts moved to a new thread.
Omkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:13   #5
BHPian

Sitting on a huge pile of booking amount cash since years, Mahindra should actually cut some flab in their variant-happy marketing team.

Customers are now shifting left and right to hybrids. What's their story on a strong Hybrid engine?
mkumar79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
Sitting on a huge pile of booking amount cash since years, Mahindra should actually cut some flab in their variant-happy marketing team.

Customers are now shifting left and right to hybrids. What's their story on a strong Hybrid engine?
Customers now in India go to Hybrids only because it is a Maruti/Toyota. In fact, servicing a Hyrbid is the most complex and requires sophisticated expertise as well. In fact, there are already quite a few Maruti lemon/flop stories for the Grand Vitara. And Honda Hybrid is another flop story.

Even otherwise, Hybrids (as a technology) are not the way forward. There are very less in gains in a Hybrid compared to a typical EV. In fact, for the EXTRA money you spend on a Hyrbid over a full ICE car, there are no big gains.

So M&M or other brands will NOT invest in a Hybrid.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 17:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
I really wish they find a way for AX5T to come with a cruise control function that can be retrofitted to the existing AX5 P/D MT/AT. I believe you are aware that AX5 New Zealand got the AX5 with Cruise Control.
Hey, if you check on youtube, you will find alot of aftermarket shops in delhi retrofitting cruise control on the AX5 variants. Perhaps you could consider trying the aftermarket route, not sure how it would impact the warranty though.
Turbolove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 18:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Hey, if you check on Youtube, you will find alot of aftermarket shops in delhi retrofitting cruise control on the AX5 variants. Perhaps you could consider trying the aftermarket route, not sure how it would impact the warranty though.
Hey Turbolove, thanks for the reply.
Actually they "Claim" but it will work unfortunately brother.

Only the MID controls work. We can buy the LH+RH controls from ASC itself which will cost 3.9k only and fit it elsewhere. Ideally, it does not change anything so the warranty should not be void but ASC says otherwise.

Adding on, there is no dedicated wiring given for the Cruise Control in any variants. They have given wirings for HDC, ESP etc., but not for the Cruise.

Perhaps it looks like it will work only with ECU with the ADAS - S0609C000111N.
Old 15th July 2023, 12:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the world of exhilarating rides and the timeless allure of the mStallion Engine.

Curiosity has me wondering about your current fuel efficiency mastery and whether the XP95 still graces your present-day endeavors.

That's a wonderful insight. So Mahindra is making up for missing the THAR/Armada launch this Independence.

Below are my thoughts on the feature-wise variant split:
1. AX5T: 6-Seater Configuration, Cruise Control, and a Special Color Option. This would compete against the XT+ Dark Edition of Harrier/Safari. Could be priced 30-40k over the current AX5.
If along with cruise control, they can add the ACC for AC , this would become the go to model.
I have only booked the AX7, bcos I need the ACC and cruise control.

But knowing Mahindra, that won’t happen, it will dent sales of AX7.
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 21:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Nothing special to get a combined 10.5kmpl considering it 70% highway usage. XP 95 requires a bit of homework when going out. Thankfully the IOCL website has a route planner which shows availability of one's desired fuel. Moreover, you can call up the pump to confirm availability
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 14:41   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing special to get a combined 10.5kmpl considering it 70% highway usage. XP 95 requires a bit of homework when going out. Thankfully the IOCL website has a route planner which shows availability of one's desired fuel. Moreover, you can call up the pump to confirm availability
Ever ran you car on normal Petrol and then what would have been the mileage ? Asking for my sister who is planning to buy the Petrol AT .
Old 16th July 2023, 15:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Ever ran you car on normal Petrol and then what would have been the mileage ? Asking for my sister who is planning to buy the Petrol AT .
Ran but not noted the mileage. It feels smoother and faster with XP95 (haven't done 0-100s)
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 18:01   #13

If they come with a facelift, it should feel fresh & get more options including X9L having the giant 12 inch screen running till the front left passenger (3 Screens) & maybe options of screen for the rear passenger, electric boss mode in front left seat, Ambient lighting with voice command & a host of features from segments above. Front & rear styling can be tweaked. And obviously length, size should be same as the Electric version (800) which I heard was of the same length as Innova Hycross & taller & wider. Even slight dimension increase & a sliding 2nd row will make a very good 3rd row experience (more leg room & headroom). Ottoman seats, window curtains, extra AC vents situated near lights in 2nd row should be looked @ for X9L version.

The car has everything & will be a killer & will take more business from Safari, Hector, Hycross & from segments above & below.

I own XUV700 AX7L. Would have loved to have additional features & I hope future customers get them. Also, hope they introduce a couple of new colours (Camo green, Orange etc). And launch in 2024 Jan (Car Expo) when they will have the extra capacity (49K from current 35K odd). People shouldn't have to wait 18 months & like Tata did this year, own the Expo next year with 5 Door Thar, New XUV700, XUV800 Refined Concept, New XUV500 (Creta Rival) etc.

XUV700 Facelift should be loaded & should feel fresh & relevant for 3 years (2024/2025/2026) till BEV & Electrical Vehicles can start to take over. Mahindra will need 10K XUV700 sold per month given the capacity expansion & market has the appetite for this kind of sale !
Mr.S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:18   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
If along with cruise control, they can add the ACC for AC , this would become the go to model.
I have only booked the AX7, bcos I need the ACC and cruise control.

But knowing Mahindra, that won’t happen, it will dent sales of AX7.
Hello Old Salt,

Sorry if what I called out in the assumption above was not clear. What I meant was an AX5 T model with Cruise Control (the usual CC) not the Adaptive One's which will be saved for the AX7 variants. This will compete against the other rivals who were offering Ventillated Seats & Cruise Control at a slightly lower and higher price points (I am sure you would know who I am refering here :-p).

And as you rightly meant, if ACC is given in AX5T it will eat the sales of AX7 so that won't be of M&M's interest. In fact, AX5T could be just priced a lakh more and could be bw AX5 and AX7, hence this might push people to opt for AX7 or settle with AX5T. For sure it will eat the sales of AX5 without a doubt.

Quote:
That's very true. IOCL's app/website effortlessly guides you through trip planning, while BPCL's misses the mark with a less intuitive experience.

Considering its 2-tonne AT capacity, 10.5kmpl is a promising start, and I'm confident it will only get better. By the way, have you finished the Canister & MicroRelay Recalls?

Guess what? I gave Speed93 a shot at a BPCL COCO Pump on my weekend escape from Coimbatore to Alleppey-Cherai-Kochi and back to Coimbatore. This short trip added a ~600kms to the ODO, and boy, was I impressed! The fuel efficiency for my MT was simply astonishing. Can't wait to spill the details in my upcoming ownership review here (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700), so stay tuned for more trip adventures and those sweet and cool FE numbers!

Last edited by rudra_shiv : 16th July 2023 at 22:23.
rudra_shiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.S View Post
If they come with a facelift, it should feel fresh & get more options including X9L having the giant 12 inch screen running till the front left passenger (3 Screens) & maybe options of screen for the rear passenger, electric boss mode in front left seat, Ambient lighting with voice command & a host of features from segments above. Front & rear styling can be tweaked. And obviously length, size should be same as the Electric version (800) which I heard was of the same length as Innova Hycross & taller & wider. Even slight dimension increase & a sliding 2nd row will make a very good 3rd row experience (more leg room & headroom). Ottoman seats, window curtains, extra AC vents situated near lights in 2nd row should be looked @ for X9L version.

The car has everything & will be a killer & will take more business from Safari, Hector, Hycross & from segments above & below.

XUV700 Facelift should be loaded & should feel fresh & relevant for 3 years (2024/2025/2026) till BEV & Electrical Vehicles can start to take over. Mahindra will need 10K XUV700 sold per month given the capacity expansion & market has the appetite for this kind of sale !
You are damn right. The facelift will be definitely a class above with those 3giant screens running from left to the right loaded with features & techs.

What I am thinking is, the next facelift might come as an ICE (ONE LAST ICE from M&M with the features from XUVE9 under the same monocoque skeleton) and an EV (with an extended wheelbase and dimensions as XUVE9 justifying its price)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks