Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 07:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Birdie whispers that Mahindra is getting ready to launch additional variants of the XUV700 in the days ahead, most possibly during the festive season.

5 new variants are in the offing, out of which at least 4 will see the light of day. One variant between the AX5 & the AX7 (possibly an AX5 "L"), and three variants above the AX7 - an AX7 "new suffix", an AX9 and an AX9 "L". There will be more AT options given, as well as at least 1 more AWD optional variant.

A powered tailgate, ventilated seats all around, powered IRVM, 6-seater options, sliding 2nd row, updated Connected Apps and a rear LED strip are said to be on offer. A few other goodies are being reported but unconfirmed for now.

In addition, a couple of existing petrol/diesel variants might get the axe when this mid-life refresh and variant re-jig is announced. Expect yet another increment in prices too.
These new features are already available in MG Hector for the same price point of an existing xuv700. Hope Mahindra does the pricing right.
Old 17th July 2023, 09:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
Hello Old Salt,

And as you rightly meant, if ACC is given in AX5T it will eat the sales of AX7 so that won't be of M&M's interest. In fact, AX5T could be just priced a lakh more and could be bw AX5 and AX7, hence this might push people to opt for AX7 or settle with AX5T. For sure it will eat the sales of AX5 without a doubt.!
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Now it’s my turn.

I actually meant ACC for AC, automatic climate control and not adaptive cruise control. If auto climate control comes to AX5, then I wouldn’t need AX7.
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 09:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Salt View Post
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Now it’s my turn.

I actually meant ACC for AC, automatic climate control and not adaptive cruise control. If auto climate control comes to AX5, then I wouldn’t need AX7.
Ho man !!.
Gotcha.

I always refer to the Auto Climatic Control as FATC aka Fully Automatic Temperature Control so I thought you meant Adaptive Cruise Control.

And yes, it won't make sense if they add adaptive cruise to AX5T as that's the feature that puts a crown to AX7.
rudra_shiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 15:11   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
These new features are already available in MG Hector for the same price point of an existing xuv700. Hope Mahindra does the pricing right.

Hector doesn't have AWD or a Capable Petrol Engine or Automatic version of the Diesel. It is good car in the sense of a large touchscreen, colourful ambient lightning & all, but mechanically it is a disappointment.
Mr.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:31   #20
BHPian

These are great developments. God bless competition!

I hope the sliding middle row and ventilated seats (if at all they come to the rear seats too), are not limited to the 6 seater version. A sliding middle row bench would be very practical. Especially since there is good enough room for 3 in the middle row.

With this I would also hope for a proper 3 point seatbelt for the middle passenger like they did for the Australian version. They also get a proper adjustable head rest and a top tether for the middle passenger in Australia!

I am attaching screenshots from the CarExpert review of the XUV 7OO in Australia.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option-screenshot_20230717090154.png  

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option-screenshot_20230717090952.png  

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option-screenshot_20230717090632.png  

SedateMotorhead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:59   #21
BHPian

It will be a much awaited variant if they launch a 5 seater so called AX5 with all the bells and whistles of the Luxury pack and the upcoming additional must have upgrades like ventilated seats, auto tail gate etc. A choice or change of interior color scheme will also be great
Mustang111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 23:32   #22
BHPian

We still have 3-5 months waiting period on the ax7 AWD, any way to get around it? I did see a thread on buying from KL and regd in KA, it was quite some work to do that, how do you findout availability with other dealers? Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Sunil
Old 18th August 2023, 12:50   #23

Any update on new XUV700 variants? I am looking forward for 5 seater luxury variant
delphi_dl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 10:47   #24
BHPian

Any idea if there are any different interior colour options going to be offered? Loved a top end AX7L with aftermarket tan leather on dashboard, seats and door pads. Looked stunning IMHO. However, the idea of the airbag deployment being affected, I hope Mahindra offers some interior colour options on their new variants.
Nikhilvm4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 17:06   #25

Hi, Any idea as to when are we expecting the updated version of the XUV 700
Old 12th November 2023, 17:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Birdie whispers that Mahindra is getting ready to launch additional variants of the XUV700 in the days ahead, most possibly during the festive season.

5 new variants are in the offing, out of which at least 4 will see the light of day. One variant between the AX5 & the AX7 (possibly an AX5 "L"), and three variants above the AX7 - an AX7 "new suffix", an AX9 and an AX9 "L". There will be more AT options given, as well as at least 1 more AWD optional variant.

A powered tailgate, ventilated seats all around, powered IRVM, 6-seater options, sliding 2nd row, updated Connected Apps and a rear LED strip are said to be on offer. A few other goodies are being reported but unconfirmed for now.
Any new rumours on the additional variants/facelift? Mahindra may want to bring these sooner, given the additional features that Safari facelift has.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 14:28   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi_dl View Post
Any update on new XUV700 variants? I am looking forward for 5 seater luxury variant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi View Post
Hi, Any idea as to when are we expecting the updated version of the XUV 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Any new rumours on the additional variants/facelift? Mahindra may want to bring these sooner, given the additional features that Safari facelift has.
Testing is in it's final phases. Early 2024 is what I am told.

Meanwhile, the XUV7OO owner's manual has been silently updated in the new "Mahindra For You" app, which has replaced the "With You Hamesha" app. Seems like some of the new features will be offered in existing top variants as an "optional" variant.

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option-1.jpg

Rumour: Mahindra XUV700 to get 5 new variants, 6-seater option-2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 16:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, the XUV7OO owner's manual has been silently updated in the new "Mahindra For You" app, which has replaced the "With You Hamesha" app.
I wish they had the captain seats earlier. That was one of our reasons to reject the XUV700.

It is interesting that the images (although representational) still do not show a three-point seatbelt and adjustable neck restraint in the centre seat, even though Australian versions have them. Any birdie inputs about plans for these in India? They will need it to get a respectable score for child occupant protection in BNCAP.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 16:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, the XUV7OO owner's manual has been silently updated in the new "Mahindra For You" app, which has replaced the "With You Hamesha" app. Seems like some of the new features will be offered in existing top variants as an "optional" variant
Manual in the new app also talks about seat ventilation (blower using cabin air). May be my wishful thinking, but will these "optional" can be retrofitted in existing vehicles also?
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 17:48   #30
BHPian

Actually, it does not end there.

Mahindra is offering a ventilated seat function as well. Unfortunately, it is not "Cooled Seats" as we expected. There going to be just an electric fan sucking air from the bottom and spreading from under the leather seat.

I am eager to see if the Auto-Dimming IRVM can be availed from the ASC and fitted as an accessory if it's priced under 6k.

For more info check out here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-xuv700-5.html (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700)
rudra_shiv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks