Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2024, 09:53   #706
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

In my observation, the platform that TATA has build from ground up are reliable and so far working right for them. The OmegaArc platform was a customised one and didn’t settle in right till date. Awaiting the presentation day to see what they have worked on
TheStoryweaver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 09:53   #707
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Isn't Safari an MPV already?

They definitely need a sedan. A comfortable & spacious (remembering Manza) 4.5m sedan with a 110 BHP 260 Nm diesel engine & DCA will be a potent competition to Virtus, Slavia and Verna.
I won't classify Safari is an MPV. Except 4X4, it has all the qualities of an SUV, be it off roading capabilities, high ground clearance and othe characteristics. By MPV I mean Ertiga/Alcazar/Triber/Innova/Carnival characteristics.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 10:51   #708
BHPian

Deviating from the topic but what TATA really needs is a Creta and Ertiga competitor. The Curvv due to its unconventional looks will not pull volumes like Creta and i also feel thos will be an experimental model with newer gen tech like ADAS 2, TGDI engines,etc. Tata cannot afford to have major issues on a new launch with high volume potential(Sierra) or on an existing high volume model(Nexon) as this might lead to model tarnishing.

The real volume spinner will be the Sierra with its smashing looks and a city friendly size. I also hope they are able to bring out a Carens, XL6 competitor as that segment has good volumes too.
coldice4u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 13:55   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv EV at dealership:

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240805-135443.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview121068x601.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview61068x601.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview4.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview9.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview10.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview14.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview111068x601.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevwalkaroundvideoreview7.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th August 2024 at 14:01.
volkman10 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 14:10   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshj18 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the mods for approving my membership.

Quickly about me

I have been peeping into Team-BHP forums for over 4-5 years, it's a go-to information source for me when it comes to all things automotive. I may not fall in the category of a typical enthusiast but I am someone who would want to fully enjoy his commute/ long drive, if and when I need to drive. I have to do a 400 km one-way drive almost every month with family, which is for me typically cruising at 80kmph, with some moments of touching 90+ but barely above speed limits. Apart from this, the daily commute to the office is ~45 km round trip.

Have been driving Honda City 5th Gen CVT for last 3 years and it has been a real fun to drive. The city was an upgrade from my peppy Swift which I had for over 5 years and used it for my daily commute for Navi Mumbai to Mumbai.

Current Dillema

I am now looking for a new ride for me. After a month's research, I was confused between Safari and Elevate, tilting in favor of Elevate. Didnt consider Korean cousins and while I loved TD of Kushaq, it was more fun for the driver but felt family may not enjoy the overall look and feel of cabin.

Look forward to interacting with you all. You all rock

~Lokesh
If it is going to be your only car, I won't recommend the Safari or any full blown SUV/ MUV. I have a Safari, but use Brezza for travel to few locations in NCR.

Rather I would recommend you to consider other vehicles in the Elevate class, even if they are bit costlier than Elevate. I found the latest iteration of Creta to be much heavier/ heftier than the one it replaced. Also Hyundai has second largest fairly reliable network.
CARDEEP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 14:24   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Curvv EV at dealership:
First impression: Overdone with design. Whatever happened to the classic elegant designs. I still feel the German lineage cars are way more elegant and classy in their designs. I am not enthused.
ashkamath is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 14:25   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Cars have started reaching dealer stockyards. I am surprised no YouTuber has managed to break in till now ]

Here we go

ashutoshb is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 15:12   #713
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Anyone knows what colour that is?
Old 5th August 2024, 16:23   #714

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevbluecolourspiednew21068x601.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240803_125108.jpg

Name:  Screenshot 20240803 084935.png
Views: 299
Size:  616.1 KB

Window line in Tata Curvv rises upwards way too much which gives a feeling of a very high boot line and feels a bit awkward design when looked from side or rear quarter.
Compare it with Basalt, the same window line is more horizontal and the rear design above the wheel looks more balanced. To me Basalt's design is more pleasing and acceptable.
GauRanVid is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 16:41   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Exactly. A sedan and an MPV are lacking in the current portfolio of Tata Motors. Infact an MPV based on Punch and Curvv will do good in the line up.
The problem is both segments are difficult. Sedan is obviously difficult segment, but even MPV is not very easy unless you are Toyota and selling Innova. Ertiga is doing well but price is almost at par with Nexon, so Nexon based MPV longer than 4 meter would be more costlier. Carens is kind of trying to fit in the space between Ertiga and XUV 700 (both are mass market MPVs)

Personally I would be most happy if TATA comes with an MPV, since being a happy owner of 8 years old ZEST, I would look for replacement in few years which has to be 7 seater.
Vishal.R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 16:55   #716
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauRanVid View Post
Window line in Tata Curvv rises upwards way too much which gives a feeling of a very high boot line and feels a bit awkward design when looked from side or rear quarter.
Compare it with Basalt, the same window line is more horizontal and the rear design above the wheel looks more balanced. To me Basalt's design is more pleasing and acceptable.
This makes Curvve a funky & bold-looking car with the raised-up boot, whereas Basalt, on the other hand, looks calmer and composed like the VW family.

Looks are completely subjective and my vote goes for the Curvv.

The only challenge I see with the high window line is that the rear passenger may feel claustrophobic.
Thanks to the big sunroof which will take care of this.
satish.gawai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 17:25   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GauRanVid View Post

This is true with almost all Tata cars (Nexon, Altroz). Sloping line makes the rear seat less airy and the rear window to have poor visibility (besides looking awkward). Not to mention Thing I can't digest is the almost horizontal bonnet line while the window line is sloping. If the idea is to give a dynamic stance, the entire form has to gel together.
Guna is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 18:24   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
The problem is both segments are difficult. Sedan is obviously difficult segment, but even MPV is not very easy unless you are Toyota and selling Innova. Ertiga is doing well but price is almost at par with Nexon, so Nexon based MPV longer than 4 meter would be more costlier. Carens is kind of trying to fit in the space between Ertiga and XUV 700 (both are mass market MPVs)
Look at Maruti Suzuki. How many Dezires does it sell? 13k cars a month. More than half of that is to the Taxi market. But the issue is Tata desists selling ICE in the taxi market. Pure private buyers are moving away and that shows how Punch beat the Maruti Hatchbacks. If Tata manages to sell atleast half of it, that would add to the numbers. Similarly is the Ertiga. If Tata wants volumes then they will have to sell as taxis. Apart from Maruti, none of the manufacturers succeeded in the Sedan and MPV segments.

Next is the Luxury Sedan segment comprises if Honda City, Hyundai Verna, et. al. The sales there are minuscule about 1500 a month per manufacturer which is a waste of assembly line. Coming to Toyota, it is tough competing with the Innova or Fortuner. They have earned their stamp in those segments and no one dare challenge them. But you can't simply retreat challenging their forte. But if you have to challenge, it should be with an earning called 'reliability'.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 18:41   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

More pics from the dealership:

Quote:
the new Curvv EV is finished in the signature Virtual Sunrise paint scheme. Exterior highlights of the coupe SUV include flush-fitting door handles, glossy black cladding, split headlamps, LED light bars at the front and rear, charging port on the fascia, dual-tone alloy wheels, sloping roofline, and LED taillights.
Quote:
These images give us the first clear look at the interior of the 2024 Curvv EV. Notable features include a faux carbon-fibre finish for the dashboard, four-spoke multifunction steering wheel with an illuminated Tata logo, 12.3-inch touchscreen unit, touch controls for the AC buttons, and a panoramic sunroof. Further, it gets the centre console borrowed from the Nexon including the drive mode selector and modes, parcel tray, dual-tone theme, new keys, powered tailgate, electrically adjustable driver seat, electric parking brake, wireless charger, and an engine start-stop button.
Name:  Screenshot 20240805 183849.png
Views: 298
Size:  501.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240805 183904.png
Views: 302
Size:  408.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240805 183918.png
Views: 302
Size:  354.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240805 183933.png
Views: 318
Size:  323.5 KB

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 18:59   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Look at Maruti Suzuki. How many Dezires does it sell? 13k cars a month. More than half of that is to the Taxi market. But the issue is Tata desists selling ICE in the taxi market. Pure private buyers are moving away and that shows how Punch beat the Maruti Hatchbacks. If Tata manages to sell atleast half of it, that would add to the numbers. Similarly is the Ertiga. If Tata wants volumes then they will have to sell as taxis. Apart from Maruti, none of the manufacturers succeeded in the Sedan and MPV segments.
When you mentioned the Taxi segment, I remember, when Toyota released their Qualis, they never thought that it would be a big hit in the taxi segment. To come out of the stigma (perception), Toyota stopped Qualis and brought the Innova in the market at a higher segment to rid themselves from the Taxi segment stigma.

However, The reality is today in Goa, where I reside, most Innovas are in Taxi segment. Here Innova has become synonymus with Taxi as they command a higher rent, very fuel efficient and bullet proof engine, heavy load carrying capacity, all of which are essential for the taxi segment.

Private car owners opt for smaller cars due to constraints such as parking space, initial cost, narrow congested roads etc.

Last edited by ashkamath : 5th August 2024 at 19:01.
ashkamath is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks