Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 22:45   #691
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
I was talking from personal experience. The take it or leave it attitude that TaMo service centres have, zero customer centricity atleast in my city. The first TATA we owned itself has left a very bad impression, simple as that.
I am not sure which service center you are talking about. I am giving my cars (Nano, Nexon-D) to Classic Motors Yashvanthpura (Bengaluru) from last couple of years and so far I've always had a positive experience.

Please note, before owing Tata, I owned Ford and Maruti cars and honestly I do not see much difference in all three brands.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th August 2024 at 09:45. Reason: Several typos in a short post. Kindly proof-read your posts before submitting. Thanks.
rnaduthota is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd August 2024, 23:20   #692

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to the mods for approving my membership.

Quickly about me

I have been peeping into Team-BHP forums for over 4-5 years, it's a go-to information source for me when it comes to all things automotive. I may not fall in the category of a typical enthusiast but I am someone who would want to fully enjoy his commute/ long drive, if and when I need to drive. I have to do a 400 km one-way drive almost every month with family, which is for me typically cruising at 80kmph, with some moments of touching 90+ but barely above speed limits. Apart from this, the daily commute to the office is ~45 km round trip.

Have been driving Honda City 5th Gen CVT for last 3 years and it has been a real fun to drive. The city was an upgrade from my peppy Swift which I had for over 5 years and used it for my daily commute for Navi Mumbai to Mumbai.

Current Dillema

I am now looking for a new ride for me. After a month's research, I was confused between Safari and Elevate, tilting in favor of Elevate. Didnt consider Korean cousins and while I loved TD of Kushaq, it was more fun for the driver but felt family may not enjoy the overall look and feel of cabin.

So, on one end, it was a feature-loaded bulky SUV (New Safari), costing a bomb while frankly, I don't really feel like paying for such a large engine when there is no specific need.

On the other hand, it is the same driving comfort of the Honda 1.5L NA with CVT transmission, but a much toned-down interior (as compared to Safari) and more importantly no difference in the feeling or the vibe, the cabin offers when sitting inside (As compared to my City), after spending another 20 Lacs.

But still, I managed to convince myself that I can work with Elevate ZX, over Safari, which saves me over 10Lacs, a huge difference, and suddenly the Curvv was announced and since then I have been waiting for it.

For now, I think I would go for 1.2L TGDI top end. Of course, it would depend upon the final lookNfeel after TD and how it will be placed by Tata in terms of the final offering of price and features.

Curvv in a way gives most features of Safari without paying for a big engine. As compared to Elevate, while I compromise on the driving comfort of Honda, I get something new while spending a similar or slightly higher budget as of Elevate.

Tata ASS is another issue I have. Browsing through threads on Safari & Harrier niggles, just a bit scared on how it will turn out for me. Given my current job and lack of enthu, I haven't spent much time in the service center for my Honda City, it has been always pick up and drop for service, and had absolutely no issues with the Honda service team, across cities.

Fingers crossed for now up to 7th Aug for their final launch of EV and details if any, on the ICE version.

Look forward to interacting with you all. You all rock

~Lokesh
lokeshj18 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:20   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

More pictures of the CURVV.EV

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240804_091931.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevbluecolourspiednew41068x601.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvvevbluecolourspiednew21068x601.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th August 2024 at 09:24.
Venkatesh is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:44   #694
Senior - BHPian

Cars have started reaching dealer stockyards. I am surprised no YouTuber has managed to break in till now

ashutoshb is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 11:01   #695
Senior - BHPian

2 things I'm really interested in finding out in the reviews are the real world power/range of the Curve EV and how the new 1.2 GDI petrol engine is?
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 13:11   #696
BHPian

After seeing the real life images for both Tata Curvv & Citroen Basalt , the Tata Curvv definitely looks better. With the new 1.2 TGDI engine this will definitely become a great product
V0id2003 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 13:15   #697
BHPian

Tata has named the architecture of Tata Curvv ice variants as Adaptive Tech-Forward Lifestyle Architecture (ATLAS)

Link :::

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_9482.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 17:05   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
. About the platform, I think it will not be the X1 platform as Tata motors did take a long time testing the car and if it was X1, testing time would have been much shorter. The new platform (or a heavily redesigned AlfaArc) has many more cars to underpin including Sierra, future Nexon and also a probable Sedan which TATA lacks in it's line-up. If they keep dragging the X1, it's like hitting their own knees.

Believe me it is not just a boot stuck the the back. Heavy engineering efforts went in to it.

Finally! What I guessed came out true!!

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot_2024080416432651_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-picsart_240804_164931361.jpg

This is a brand new platform and not the age old X1 platform.

Presenting the ALTAS !!
Adaptive Tech-forward Lifestyle Architecture!

It is an all new platform developed for ICE engines that can accommodate Petrol, Diesel and CNG technology what Tata Motors offers today. We need to see if the platform can accommodate Hybrid tech, which I think is not so difficult.

So, the presentation is going to be a lot more interesting. It will be a third architecture from them after AlfaArc and OmegaArc Need to see what will be special from this architecture. Will it be an addition or will the AlfaArc platform dumped over this architecture.

Lots of stuff in the offering from Tata Motors!
DRPSREDDY is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 18:57   #699

Quote:
It is an all new platform developed for ICE engines that can accommodate Petrol, Diesel and CNG technology what Tata Motors offers today. We need to see if the platform can accommodate Hybrid tech, which I think is not so difficult.

So, the presentation is going to be a lot more interesting. It will be a third architecture from them after AlfaArc and OmegaArc Need to see what will be special from this architecture. Will it be an addition or will the AlfaArc platform dumped over this architecture.

Lots of stuff in the offering from Tata Motors!
It's great to see tata motors putting so much effort. But I want to know why they had to engineer another platform. AlfaArc was relatively new and really good and flexible as well.

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th August 2024 at 19:05. Reason: Trimming the quoted post to the relevant portion for better readability
Old 4th August 2024, 20:20   #700
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the size of the boot, will this be the first tri-cylinder CNG?
shortbread is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:11   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster85 View Post
It's great to see tata motors putting so much effort. But I want to know why they had to engineer another platform. AlfaArc was relatively new and really good and flexible as well.
The AlfaArc as per thrid party information doesn't have the capability to handle more than 16 inch wheels and couldn't handle long platforms. On the other hand OmegaArc was an old D8 platform thqt is heavy and expensive.

I initially thought it will be a replacement for AlfArc but now I feel that Tata motors will abandon the OmegaArc platform to make way for all new range of cars. Further more lighter cars will be required and later Harrier and Safari may roll out on this new platform.

Tata Motors lacks 3 row SUVs in their portfolio which AlfaArc could not handle and this new platform will be able to stretch for the seven seater cars.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 4th August 2024 at 21:13.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:22   #702
BHPian

Probably the Atlas platform will spawn vehicles with length between 4m and 4.5m. Hope next gen nexon is also incorporated into this platform.
Hope we see a sedan from this platform. Please revive Manza, Tata! They had showcased the EVision concept electric sedan in Geneva few years back. A 4.5m electric sedan would be a nice addition to the portfolio.

Last edited by Rahulk302 : 4th August 2024 at 21:43.
Rahulk302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 21:58   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk302 View Post
Probably the Atlas platform will spawn vehicles with length between 4m and 4.5m. Hope next gen nexon is also incorporated into this platform.
Hope we see a sedan from this platform. Please revive Manza, Tata! They had showcased the EVision concept electric sedan in Geneva few years back. A 4.5m electric sedan would be a nice addition to the portfolio.
Exactly. A sedan and an MPV are lacking in the current portfolio of Tata Motors. Infact an MPV based on Punch and Curvv will do good in the line up.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 07:51   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly. A sedan and an MPV are lacking in the current portfolio of Tata Motors. Infact an MPV based on Punch and Curvv will do good in the line up.
Isn't Safari an MPV already?

They definitely need a sedan. A comfortable & spacious (remembering Manza) 4.5m sedan with a 110 BHP 260 Nm diesel engine & DCA will be a potent competition to Virtus, Slavia and Verna.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 5th August 2024 at 07:56.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th August 2024, 09:32   #705
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Considering the Power Tariffs charged based on the units consumed, houses with high electricity usage should opt for Solar power, which is generated and added to the Grid and adjusted to the actual usage.

For my brother's house, the bill that used to come with 10K+ per month has been reduced to less than 1K. He had spent 7Kw Solar power with 4.8L

So, any solar investment is not top of the car cost and it is a separate investment for the domestic power usage including your electric car and scooter charging
So he will need 54 months just to break even...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks