Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 13:54   #451

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time

TATA has done a commendable job to get first mover's advantage. Although, design is subjective, a couple of teasers on interiors before Aug 2 and all the social media buzz will keep the interests high.
My thoughts on launch
1. Ev launch and price reveal on Aug 7th. Deliveries from september 1st week.
2. ICE launch in mid sept and deliveries from Dussehra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
If you compare specs, the 1.2 Revotron's bhp and torque is more than the Creta's naturally aspirated 1.5. It might not be as smooth, but should be able to keep up or even better the performance than the 1.5.
This strategy also helps to tackle the aggressive pricing of Basalt, atleast the base variant.
Nano45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 15:25   #452

As much as I'd fallen in love with Tata's new design language during the auto-expo showcase, I never expected it to be spread across its ENTIRE line-up. It's really lazy from Tata's design team, least to say.

Every front grill from the Punch EV, to Harrier, to now this Curvv looks the same!
vivasvaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 16:33   #453

I think we need to look at this reveal with a practical point of view.

There is nothing wrong with just revealing the car without revealing any details. Tata clearly wants to cash in the 'first of its kind' impression for Curvv. Nothing wrong with it unless they deliver half baked product like Harrier just to be industry first with that front fascia.

This reveal is also fine unless they declare a much lower introductory price for initial deliveries and then increase the price as Kia did with Carens.

As for design being similar to Nexon and other tata cars, see, Its not like Tata is sitting on a huge pile of profits, they are being practical, this is new design, there's lot of speculation, no one can be sure how the car is going to be received. So if you can be frugal and cautious by copying the design elements, its fine. What if Tata pours a lot of moolah in bringing in the international design and then car flops? Same people would say, look, Tata invested so much and still the car flopped.

I think earlier, emotions played part in Tata's modus operandi, Nowadays, they have become practical and are taking sound business decisions. I welcome it. There is one more beautiful car to ogle at while being on streets.
Ghibli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2024, 19:22   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghibli View Post
I think we need to look at this reveal with a practical point of view.

As for design being similar to Nexon and other tata cars, see, Its not like Tata is sitting on a huge pile of profits, they are being practical, this is new design, there's lot of speculation, no one can be sure how the car is going to be received. So if you can be frugal and cautious by copying the design elements, its fine.
I feel the same goes for powertrain. TATA might watch for the ICE demand and slowly introduce new powertrain options. This will allow TATA to manage / plan production accordingly.

Last edited by Eddy : 20th July 2024 at 22:10. Reason: Fixing quotes
Old 20th July 2024, 21:19   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
My guess on petrols would be that base and mid variants will have Nexon's 1.2 Revotron with manual transmission and DCA. This will take care of the naturally aspirated engines of the competition.
Mr. Shailesh Chandra has stated that Tata shall offer powerful engines for the Curvv. 1500cc Diesel mill is fine but if they are going to plonk the same old 1.2 petrol engine then IMO it cannot be said to be powerful. It's at best, mediocre.
Old 20th July 2024, 21:39   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

First real pics of the SUV Coupe- Tata Curvv,

Like it or hate it but a lot to be desired..

Name:  Screenshot 20240720 213810.png
Views: 128
Size:  459.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240720 213830.png
Views: 129
Size:  471.5 KB

Source: Carwale

Last edited by Aditya : 21st July 2024 at 19:21. Reason: Source added
volkman10 is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 06:22   #457
Senior - BHPian

SUV Coupe - a form factor that should not exist.
amol4184 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 07:53   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Mr. Shailesh Chandra has stated that Tata shall offer powerful engines for the Curvv. 1500cc Diesel mill is fine but if they are going to plonk the same old 1.2 petrol engine then IMO it cannot be said to be powerful. It's at best, mediocre.
Even the 110PS 260Nm is just adequate by 2024 standards. They need to give it in a higher tune than nexon.

Power figures in the middle of nexon's 110 PS and Harrier's 170 PS would be exciting in a 1.3 tonne car like the Curvv. Like 130PS and 300 Nm from that 1.5L turbo diesel. If Mahindra can do it, Tata definitely can, Should!

Giving the 1.2 iturbo in 120 PS 170nm in Currv petrol will be blasphemous.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 21st July 2024 at 08:01.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 08:12   #459
BHPian

Seems like another masterstroke from Tata. This will fly off the shelves , especially when the safety rating comes out.
V0id2003 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 13:28   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghibli View Post
As for design being similar to Nexon and other tata cars, see, Its not like Tata is sitting on a huge pile of profits, they are being practical, this is new design, there's lot of speculation, no one can be sure how the car is going to be received. So if you can be frugal and cautious by copying the design elements, its fine. What if Tata pours a lot of moolah in bringing in the international design and then car flops? Same people would say, look, Tata invested so much and still the car flopped.
This makes sense. They are experimenting with a new form factor, and unless they re-use elements, it will be a huge risk. All the investment that goes into R&D and production of new elements/design will go waste if the product doesn't succeed. And it is not like Nexon/Harrier are ugly. I'm sure many customers would be happy if they re-use some elements and pass on the cost savings to the customer.
lalithesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 13:58   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
I doubt about the X1 platform. I shall explain.

Tata has deficiency in 3.99-4.5 meter low cost platform that is been filled with the X1 on a temporary basis as it is more than 15 years old and is heavy.......
Enter the Curvv! Everyone are of the belief that it is based on the X1 platform as it looks the same. I have a strong and gut feeling that it is here that it will end. Remember that Tata motors is in need of a new platform that should power a new set of cars from 3.99 to 4.5 meters that requires a modular and light weight architecture. The ideal candidates that need it are Nexon, Curvv and Sierra that are bang in the center of the requirement with wheel sizes between 16 to 19 inch wheels.
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-picsart_240721_133854640.jpg

Cartorq too believes in my thought that Curvv will be based on an all new platform and not on the Nexon's outdated X1 platform. Automotive Youtuber Gagan Chowdhury has been invited to UK's design studio to review Curvv design and as per his findings he confirms the same. Reason? Dimensions and specs are not the same as Nexon. The wheel base is longer and wider than Nexon. That confirms the findings. As the EV will be based on Activ.ev platform, you may not get a glimpse but with the ICE car details, you will get further information about the all new platform.

Only the interior design language has been carried over and rest, like materials and colour coordination are redesigned to match the upgrades and keep costs in check. Also Vivek Srivastava, has confirmed that this will be a mass product and not niche car says that they are out for a volumes game and will hit for economies of scale and that's why pricing will be competitive and hence more similarities with Nexon's charecter.

Hope my thought comes true and we'll soon see unveiling of the all new platform.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2024, 15:14   #462
BHPian

There is no wow factor except the botched coupe design. Same Nexon like front facia and 3 pot petrol engines.

This is pitched against the well settled Seltos, Creta, Hyrider, Grand Vitara, and the Elevate. If someone want from VW stable then Taigun and Kushaq are available. Not to forget the lone wolf Scorpio N is there in this price band of mid size SUVs.

At max this might cannibalise some Nexon sales that's it. Tata brought a revolver to a machine gun fight!
ASP007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 09:19   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Some points to note:

-To get a panoramic sunroof, Level 2 ADAS suite, and more
- BNCAP and GNCAP tests already conducted (Rumoured to get 5-star rating)
- The dashboard of the Curvv EV will have a layout similar to that of the Nexon,Safari, and the Harrier
- Will get a 12-inch Harman Kardon-sourced infotainment screen with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, Arcade.EV and 15+ OTT apps support, and JBL-sourced nine speakers.
-Will also receive ventilated and powered front seats, leatherette upholstery, 10.25-inch digital instrument panel, wireless charger, and a panoramic sunroof with mood lighting.
- Curvv EV will come loaded with six airbags, front and rear parking sensors, 360-degree surround camera, electronic parking brake with auto hold function, all four disc brakes

Clearer view:
Front gets the family look; rear look is the worst in the family!

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-tatacurvvreallifeimagesleakedaheadoflaunch1.jpg
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-tatacurvvreallifeimagesleakedaheadoflaunch2.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2024 at 09:45.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 09:27   #464
Senior - BHPian

In the recent media event held at the UK design centre, Tata have ensured not to reveal the interiors. There's a general feeling that the inside will be exactly same as the Nexon, I have a suspicion that's not the case.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 12:40   #465

Any update on Diesel engine?
I am planning to upgrade from Nexon AMT and need a diesel automatic under 20L.
Surely Tata motors is not putting AMT in this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks