Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 23:59   #331
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time

Tata just needs to do 2 Things to make it a success.
1. Pack it with features like a Hyundai
2. Price is like it's a Mahindra SUV

QC is another thing but that's a company wide issue with Tata and not specific to this product.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 07:03   #332

This might sound like a rant but hear me out. TATA is such a confusing car manufacturer, they're lucky that Indians right now have a feeling for nationalism for the company and the govt is doing everything that they can do to stop Chinese manufacturers to succeeded in the country. The quality control issues are out of hand, I know they make safe & good-looking cars but what else? The quality issue has been so persistent since decades, we had a 90hp Safari when I was a kid, there were always some issues with it. I thought that this is how a car behaves but my father told me that his safari was the most problematic car he has ever owned. Even today this forum is full of Tata horror stories. Our market has been very forgiving to TATA coz of consistent launches and updates in recent years. Youtube marketing has helped them, the most used phrase on those videos are "this feels like tank ". How has a company managed to not change itself in last 25+ years when it comes to consistency and quality? I was a kid when we had that Safari, I'm 34 now, the perception is still the same.

I know how the Curvv story will unfold. Good looking car, decent dynamics, middle of the road ICE engines, competent EV powertrain & niggles galore. I love their cars, I just want to respect them as well. The first batch of buyers will be beta testers for the company but TATA hasn't really sorted out Safari and Harrier so far in their product cycle. Rant over

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th July 2024 at 07:08. Reason: Edited for formatting.
vids2590 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 08:33   #333
BHPian

Another teaser from Tata motors in run up to the unveil of Tata Curvv this time we can sneak peak the odometer display, paddle shifters & Drive mode selector seems for ICE version as in teasers two cars are shown.

Link ::

Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_8158.jpeg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_8159.jpeg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_8160.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:22   #334
BHPian

Why do I feel like this time Tata Motors is planning to launch an AWD with the Curvy, especially the EV version? The teasers of them testing the Curvy in Thar desert, Leh all point in this direction.

If they do, it will be a game changer for Tata!
Old 11th July 2024, 11:46   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
How safe you are when your car is in the service center all the time and you end up using a two wheeler or an auto driven by a maniac..?
My Harrier, Tigor and Nano are all with me, serving me and my family, and are in the service center only for servicing. For one lemon, there are a hundred satisfied customers, who don't bother to write about their experience. But, let's keep this discussion away from this thread. There are multiple threads to discuss it.

We are auto enthusiasts, we love anything with wheels. A new car is coming to the market, let's be excited about that.
ashutoshb is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:49   #336
Senior - BHPian

The city, eco, sport modes combined with rock/ rough, water & normal modes are very much there in most of their top end variants of Safari/ Harrier & I believe on Nexon too.

While these are helpful in altering charter a bit, nothing major difference can be observed in tricky situations.

I believe the AWD can be helpful, but do not think platform is planned/ designed for this.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 11:53   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How safe you are when your car is in the service center all the time and you end up using a two wheeler or an auto driven by a maniac..?
This is a widespread hearsay among social media users. I own 3 tatas currently with 81k, 66k & 5k on the odo. Not once have I had to rely on public transport because any of my Tata was in service center all the time.

As for speculations about Curvv getting AWD, I am sure it won't. Tata testing it on desert and rough terrain us just another gimmick.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 11th July 2024 at 11:56.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:34   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
My Harrier, Tigor and Nano are all with me, serving me and my family, and are in the service center only for servicing. For one lemon, there are a hundred satisfied customers, who don't bother to write about their experience. But, let's keep this discussion away from this thread. There are multiple threads to discuss it.

We are auto enthusiasts, we love anything with wheels. A new car is coming to the market, let's be excited about that.
Exactly. The reliability of a vehicle must be also appreciated.
harikrishnansp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 12:42   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
This is a widespread hearsay among social media users. I own 3 tatas currently with 81k, 66k & 5k on the odo. Not once have I had to rely on public transport because any of my Tata was in service center all the time.

As for speculations about Curvv getting AWD, I am sure it won't. Tata testing it on desert and rough terrain us just another gimmick.
I was talking from personal experience. The take it or leave it attitude that TaMo service centres have, zero customer centricity atleast in my city. The first TATA we owned itself has left a very bad impression, simple as that.

I have been an avid follower of your ownership threads and does see the positives. If your experience was good. Happy for you. Everybody may not agree with that..!

Last edited by harikrishnansp : 11th July 2024 at 12:51.
harikrishnansp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 13:23   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
That's M&M, mate. They at least rectify issues reported by the beta-testers. TAMO just don’t care!.

Mod Note : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

Please read the Forum Rules before proceeding further.
May I know what made you say this? As far as I know, Tata has promptly updated Harrier, Safari, and Nexon as per customer feedback since their launch. Harrier and Safari got major updates in such a short period.
tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 13:34   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was talking from personal experience. The take it or leave it attitude that TaMo service centres have, zero customer centricity atleast in my city. The first TATA we owned itself has left a very bad impression, simple as that.

I have been an avid follower of your ownership threads and does see the positives. If your experience was good. Happy for you. Everybody may not agree with that..!

Agreed. Experiences can be varied.

I just don't understand the widespread hatred Tata receives in social media as "cars that stay in service center".

You can't be top 2nd/3rd passenger car manufacturer MoM if that was true. In my opinion, Tata service centers may not be as good as Maruti/Hyundai, but the cars are pretty good, for majority of buyers that is.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 17:41   #342
BHPian

Quote:

Agreed. Experiences can be varied.

I just don't understand the widespread hatred Tata receives in social media as "cars that stay in service center".

From an internet user perspective, i will share what i see on my feed. Majority of content on breakdown and bugs occur on Harrier/Safari. The reels about them were a plenty and the new Safari interior rip off one were a major fiasco where TATA didn’t even bother to fix it until they started to feel the heat.

Nexon and Punch are much more well sorted products. Nexon did get a few bugs and errors initally, but it seems they have rectified it a much. Punch has been much sorted product so far. Hence, sales show them both doing well. Yes, the EV ver. of Nexon does get in news then and now due to software errors. Punch EV so far is much clean and well recieved.

Harrier/Safari are flagship products. They represent the brand name on a higher level. Getting a bad reputation on that level shall get that bad message in market at a faster pace that later trickles down to lower level and affects the company overall. If you see the monthly charts, they are loosing sales Month on Month for Safari/Harrier. The word isn’t in favour for their flagship cars.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 17:43   #343
BHPian

Quote:

You can't be top 2nd/3rd passenger car manufacturer MoM if that was true. In my opinion, Tata service centers may not be as good as Maruti/Hyundai, but the cars are pretty good, for majority of buyers that is.
Tatas make very nice EVs. Well-designed, the basics are all correct. The features are good. They have the right balance of price-features-compromises. However, as a onetime owner of a Tata car, I am so scarred by the experience, it will be quite sometime before I can convince my wife to go for one (if ever). But you are right, every car that rolls out is an independent unit, as they say in Lean Six Sigma. As they say "your mileage may vary".
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 12:00   #344
BHPian

Any idea when Tata plans to launch Curvv?
Old 12th July 2024, 13:49   #345
BHPian

Yet another teaser from Tata motors

Link ::

XRoader_001 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks