Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2024, 13:05   #316
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Unlike the sentiment here, if Tata prices this below the ZSeV , automatically below Creta EV this can take the fight forward and keep the momentum going. As a Punch owner I feel the EV product line of Tata has matured quite a bit and can take on the fight with the big guys. Not sure but I think the Tata EV portfolio might be making good bottomline for Tata.
Well said

1. The Tata Curvv cannot undercut Nexon EV much and if that mistake is done then Nexon EV will get heavily cannibalised - as the top variant is already being done by MG ZS EV Excite Pro variant at below 21L with proper negotiations and discounts

2. We should talk more about the platform Curvv will be based upon - ACTI.ev - which is a pure EV platform, unlike NExon EV and it will be a gem to drive as point out by the gentleman driving Punch EV

3. The Punch EVs drive is very assuring and the dynamics are much crispier than Nexon EV. Recently drove Nexon EV 3.0 first and immediately Punch EV thereafter and could feel the difference in ride and handling - so that platform will be an USP for the Curvv

4. Being a segment above Nexon EV, the cabin space will be more than adequate compared to the former

5. More interested at finding out at the launch whether or not Tata changes the battery supplier as the HV Critical Error is a big thorn in the flesh for Tata's long term goodwill

6. Tata needs to recaliberate their BMS too as they are not meeting standards of the ones used by the current competitors OR the upcoming rivals in the segment

Hope Tata does Tata-Bye Bye to these niggles before the Curvv is launched
Humane India is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:10   #317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata officially teases new Curvv Coupe SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I don't know if its the image width but the car's silhouette looking extremely strange & overall design does not cohesive at all.

I was quite excited for this design but in photos, it looks like a Nexon with a strange back, hope it looks better in flesh.
I totally agree with you. For a coupe/notch back it should have a longer bonnet which slowly blends into the rear. Skoda's are perfect example of this. This looks like two different cars hacked and pasted together
Old 9th July 2024, 13:47   #318
Senior - BHPian

It looks like they are launching both the ICE and EV versions together. I think that's a good decision.

Last edited by safari_lover : 9th July 2024 at 13:55.
safari_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 13:59   #319
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata officially teases new Curvv Coupe SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
For a coupe/notch back it should have a longer bonnet which slowly blends into the rear. Skoda's are perfect example of this.
This is not a regular coupe/notch back body style. They have tried to follow the SUV Coupe body style (likes of Audi Q3 Sportsback, Merc GLE Coupe, BMW X4 etc). But even then, Curvv seem to lack proportions and seems bit odd.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 14:43   #320
BHPian

I recently spotted a Curvv in Bangalore. The test car had many accessories attached to the boot portion - I guess it is an ICE version. And possibly also indicates that they are close to homologation and release - as evident by the teasers. I'm confused by the EV branding though in the teasers.

The car looked more proportionate - though the camouflage and the sensors could have distorted my perception.
Old 9th July 2024, 17:22   #321
BHPian

From today's launched video, which is off-road in the Jaisalmer deserts, are they hinting towards an AWD option in Curvv?
Old 9th July 2024, 18:05   #322
Senior - BHPian

The one without an air intake looks like the EV. If they are highlighting 'extreme' performance and the ICE Curvv is keeping up with the EV, it has to be the TGDi Turbo Petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-tata-curvv-teaser.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 18:36   #323
BHPian

Excitement about the Curvv EV is good, but what I am excited to see are the gearbox options that the Curvv ICE would get.

Surely the manual gearboxes might be carried over from the Nexon ICE but what about automatics? Certainly TaMo wouldn't be thinking of launching an AMT in creta segment. Surely they wouldn't be pairing the 1.2 T-GDi with a lazy 6AMT. The DCA is there for the TCMPFi Petrol but what about automatic for the CRAIL diesel that was showcased in the Bharat Mobility Show?

If Tata is even thinking of pulling a repeat of what they did with the Harrier (No automatic was offered initially), then it would be a disaster for the Curvv range.
Also they did say about the Altroz Racer getting an automatic but only TaMo knows when that's gonna happen.

Last edited by uditanshh : 9th July 2024 at 18:40.
uditanshh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 15:01   #324

I’m assuming that TaMo will not launch automatic and make EV as the default option for automatic consumers.
kartik_2502 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 15:01   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Hey Bro,

Basalt thought competes in the same body style, but that is an ICE and Curvv is an EV at launch. So I don't think TATA needs to worry much about Basalt. Anyways people will not give an eye to Citroen cars because of their products. Tata ia always at an advantage as Citroen has shot itself in it's own foot.
From the latest teaser, it looks like the ICE Curvv will also be launched shortly after, if not with the EV. And we cannot write off the Basalt yet. It has a balanced design, and they already have an EV in the market. So there's a possibility that they can come up with an e-basalt too!
lalithesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 16:13   #326
BHPian

I'm looking to replace an ancient Duster with an EV for local, in town usage with trips never exceeding 100 Km a day even if I were to go outside of town a little.

I also luckily have my own garage where a wall mounted charger can easily be installed.

I'm waiting for the Creta EV or a Seltos EV to evaluate before I take the plunge. These two Korean giants now seem to have ample experience with EVs and their EV products are well reviewed across the world.

I just can't trust Tata to nail the engineering and software for EVs and repeated threads on problems with Tata EVs on this forum are scary.

I just want peace of mind with any vehicle I buy so will wait for the Koreans.
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 18:13   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven646 View Post
I'm looking to replace an ancient Duster with an EV for local, in town usage with trips never exceeding 100 Km a day even if I were to go outside of town a little.

I also luckily have my own garage where a wall mounted charger can easily be installed.

I'm waiting for the Creta EV or a Seltos EV to evaluate before I take the plunge. These two Korean giants now seem to have ample experience with EVs and their EV products are well reviewed across the world.

I just can't trust Tata to nail the engineering and software for EVs and repeated threads on problems with Tata EVs on this forum are scary.

I just want peace of mind with any vehicle I buy so will wait for the Koreans.
You can also have a look at the recently launched BYD Atto 3 variants. Price wise it demolishes anything available right now since it is the only born EV SUV costing 25-35L. Another good alternative is ZS EV.
Old 10th July 2024, 19:36   #328

On today's teaser (the himalayan one), One of the 2 cars have different air dam openings on the camouflage. The openings are bigger, and vertical, similar to the airdam shown on harrier ev during the auto expo. I didnt understand the reason though.. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 10th July 2024, 22:29   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalithesh View Post
From the latest teaser, it looks like the ICE Curvv will also be launched shortly after, if not with the EV. And we cannot write off the Basalt yet. It has a balanced design, and they already have an EV in the market. So there's a possibility that they can come up with an e-basalt too!
I got it after watching another teaser that they are about to launch both the ICE and EV versions. But TATA has a better recall than Citroen in India and a wider network because of which people will not be interested in Citroen. Also their lackluster sales will be another deterrent factor to keep people away from the brand. Citroen has also not much adverised them causing poor recognition. Tata thought it is not that perfect in product quality and after sales, the Desi factor and the brand recall will get them the sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalithesh View Post
On today's teaser (the himalayan one), One of the 2 cars have different air dam openings on the camouflage. The openings are bigger, and vertical, similar to the airdam shown on harrier ev during the auto expo. I didnt understand the reason though.. Anyone else noticed this?
Yes I too recognised that the cars in new teaser shot in Ladakh region are not EVs. They should be Petrol and Diesel cars.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 10th July 2024 at 22:30.
Old 10th July 2024, 23:25   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster85 View Post
Honestly until Tata sorts out their qc and service issues, I don't think anyone should consider tata cars. Reliability and safety are both equally matter. Anything else should never be the priority before these.
How safe you are when your car is in the service center all the time and you end up using a two wheeler or an auto driven by a maniac..?
harikrishnansp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks