Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2024, 22:19   #211
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time

The glossy side cladding and alloys are from the concept and won't make it into the production variants. However, the jacked up sedan stance is a downer - just my opinion. The sloping rear has extended a bit more unlike similar designs rendering this sedan look. Having said that, it was not much prominent in the earlier prototype like the one below.

Anyways, I'll reserve my final opinion until the actual production vehicle rolled out.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-tatacurve1649241644.jpg  

ASP007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 01:52   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatishChour View Post
Compared with the new BMW X2 and the beautiful BMW X6 it looks like Tata Curvv is stunted in length.
An elongated Nexon or a Tigor on steroids, I was not negative of the Curvv's design till I saw the 3 side profile collage you have put up.

Now I cannot unsee this
Sumedik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 09:06   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Unpopular opinion but all alloy designs post the exit of Pratap Bose have been below average. .
Not just that, but IMO, his famous statement of not going the Russian doll way for car designs has been turned upon it's head. All the current SUV/CSUV models including the CURVV are similar with insufficient differentiation between the models. I have said this before, and will say it again.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 09:26   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
An interior screenshot from the above posted video clip. We get a Nexon alike interior with a safari/harrier inspired steering wheel. The middle ground (where the car is going to fill in figuratively and literally) between both the segments. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrnh View Post
Adding some more pics showing a very small portion of the interior.
Looks very similar to Nexon.
So it is just the Nexon interiors with the Harrier/Safari steering wheel and bigger newer screens.

Doorpads look the same, hope they have atleast changed the centre console area.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 15:33   #215
BHPian

Much being said about the polarizing looks of the CURVV, I find the car to be good looking. A lot of people like me like the looks of a sedan but refrain from them due to low ground clearance. The curvv to me doesn't appear like a sedan on stilts. The Curvv will definitely be in demand as there is a huge price delta between the Nexon and the Harrier. However, it would be interesting to see whether there is increased space for the rear occupants when compared to the Nexon as wheel base doesn't seem impressive.
The coupe design may look odd now, but amongst a sea of boxy looking SUV's that have filled our Indian Roads, I think the coupe design will stand out and gain more acceptance once it hits the roads.
AlphaKiloPapa is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 19:55   #216
BHPian

In my Opinion, It is just the Curvv concept's front styling and interiors were so stylish and that got adapted in the new Nexon and other recent updates of Tata SUVs, It's pity people criticising Curvv
TeddyBear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 20:07   #217
Senior - BHPian

Thank god its a concept. @TATA : Please dont bring this. Looks alone would kill it.

Thank you!!!
Old 5th February 2024, 20:11   #218
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The Curvv is essential copied from the Original BMW X6, and later X4 styling. The X6 when launched was the only SUV Sports Coupe in the market for almost a decade. Now all SuperCar SUVs and some Merc AMG SUVs copy the same look.

It is not very practical but looks superb.

PS: I own a 4 seater X6. Frankly a collector's item in my eyes.

Love the Curvv.
ACM is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 09:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Thank god its a concept. @TATA : Please dont bring this. Looks alone would kill it.

Thank you!!!
It's getting launched this year. Probably in pre-production right now. I guess you haven't been in touch with the developments.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 09:43   #220
Senior - BHPian

Having seen the car in person at the expo, it definitely looks like it is riding too high, even with the 18" wheels.

The thick wheel arches and the alloy design I think are the biggest contributors to this odd look and I hope this is fixed in the final production design. If the 18" wheels look like this, imagine how the lower trims with smaller wheels will look !

Overall though, it is a very stand out design which will make it sell as this design will help it differentiate itself in the crowded segment.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-pxl_20240203_055802022.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-pxl_20240203_055827301.mp.jpg  

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 6th February 2024 at 09:45.
fiat_tarun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 10:10   #221
BHPian

I personally got to see the car at the Expo last week. I think the angle of photographs are not right. The car looks bigger and smarter in person in a way the photographs cannot capture. It gave me vibes of the SX4 sedan (SUV to Sedan transition wise) but a much much better looking one.

The only thing is that the car shape was first unveiled in 2022 and it's 2024 today and the launch is still someway off. There is a bit of loss of novelty. Also, the Nexon taking away the Curvv's design language and features is not helping the novelty factor.

It would boil down a lot to the pricing and general handling of the vehicle. Like other esteemed members of this forum, I too feel that this vehicle will open up a new niche rather than outrightly competing against incumbent kings Seltos-Creta.
Carma2017 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 11:07   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
It's getting launched this year. Probably in pre-production right now. I guess you haven't been in touch with the developments.
Have very much been in touch since it was showcased in auto expo. Never really warmed up to the design mostly due to the compact dimensions. Feeling just got worse after seeing the latest images.
Old 6th February 2024, 13:58   #223
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

There is still a market for sedans and there are still people out there who prefer sedans over SUVs. The only thing keeping them away was lower GC. Now that issue is resolved in Curvv.

Also, traditional SUVs have almost-vertical D pillar and all that rear bulk makes an SUV swing its tail out on highway even at slight turn of steering. Not on curve. There is no third box, no D pillar. Coupe like sloping roof-line keeps the bulk between front and rear wheels. This was the objective of BMW X6, a sporty SUV.
Old 6th February 2024, 15:03   #224
BHPian

I hope they offer lower profile tyres which will improve the stance of the car. The gap between the tyres and the body is glaring. Feels like it's on stilts.

Rest of the car looks good
Old 6th February 2024, 18:04   #225
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think 16 inch bigger rubber (taller sidewall) tire would look really good for this car. Design of the alloys can be better too. It will also add to better ride quality and reduction in price as 18 inch rims are always costly than 16 inches.

Overall nice effort by Tata and I am eagerly waiting to see this in person. This can be budget friendly Tata X6 for the enthusiastic people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks