Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 19:59   #166
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time

This art of cosmetic touchups (Jet, Black, gold editions, minor changes in the name of facelifts, extending harrier and killing of brand safari) will not sustain for long. Tata needs to get the basic right, they need a new power train across the offerings Fiat 2.0 was good option when Harrier launched but why no upgrade in Safari / Harrier face-lift. They need to get cabin noise fixed, work on build quality to that car age well. The ghost of Safari Storme / Dicor still haunting trust in their larger SUV offerings. No 4X4, No BOF offering, Not aggressive in lifestyle segment (Thar, Isuzu VMax). I repeat again, TATA is doing numbers because of the quick availability, it will face significant hit if all other manufactures get rid of waiting periods

This is a competitive segment Korean twins and grand vitara, Hyryder and Elevate offer premium features, powerful engines, hybrid tech, 4x4. I do not see a right to win features for Curvv in this segment
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:00   #167
BHPian

So, the Curvv (production version) was shown in flesh today. Many videos poured in and many photos too on the instagram.
My initial view is, i applaud tata for this different by design approach. I really like the coupe design. It’s unique looking and looks nice .
The offset element is, the same design language for front fascia. As some users pointed out it will definitely saturate amongst consumers after a certain point if the trajectories of same face sharing keep on moving in same direction. The concept car of auto expo was a much better looker and that design would have given it a distinctive look amongst its siblings but now it feels way to same.

I compared the pictures of different models and somehow Nexon appears to have certain distinctive characteristic and all other models seem to be a copy of its design language instead of Curvv. Rest, let’s see how it feels to look at in person.
Initial impressions are much sober than the initial excitement we felt last year. I was keen to have a replacement this yearfor our ageing car. Shall have to wait till it hit the roads and take a decision later.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_9753.jpeg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_9752.png  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-img_9751.png  

TheStoryweaver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:39   #168

I guess the Curvv will look great with a lowered GC and a better set of alloys

So going by the trends this will be positioned between Nexon and Harrier which is a big shoe fill. To taste success in this segment, TAMO should get everything right from the basics and hopefully better QC-related stuff.

Who knows this might even kickstart a new segment like how Duster did in the last decade.
dieselteen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:39   #169

Images of the car:

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-8d281d723a5946aba1326b11e2470712.jpeg

Is it just me or thus this really looks like a Tigor on steroids.

Like its going to a gala on high heels and red dress.

Last edited by graaja : 1st February 2024 at 21:00. Reason: Fixed the issue where the image was not being displayed
danger_dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 21:11   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_dude View Post
Is it just me or thus this really looks like a Tigor on steroids.
Tigor is not a bad looking car!

Take a Tigor JTP, increase the width by 50-60 mm, and reduce GC by 10-15 mm. Paint it flaming red color, add black machine cut alloys, and put wider tires. Now you have the hottest looking compact car in India.

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st February 2024 at 21:21.
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 21:20   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tigor is not a bad looking car!
It sure is a good-looking car, but in picture the Curvv looks kinda off proportions, but hey we all felt different for different cars in the past based on their pics right and then when we first saw them in person, we would end up falling heads over heels for the same car. Hope this red beauty turns out the same way.

Last edited by graaja : 1st February 2024 at 21:21. Reason: Fixing broken quote
danger_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 21:32   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSam View Post
IMHO, Instead of taking a design risk like this one, Tata motors could've just given us a nice looking sedan and jacked up the ground clearance like the Virtus/Slavia

Did a quick sketch cos I'm bored at work

Attachment 2567658
God!!!!! this looks gorgeous. Talk of proportions here. To the extent that it reminds me of the old peregrine. If TML boffins get to see you, you can expect a job offer soon.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 22:03   #173
BHPian

Apologies for this post, but I was able to slap an image of Indica v1 on top of this car, and it patches quite well. Just look at this 2 min artwork - Indica X6.
On a lighter note, considering what they have done with Nexon, by CURVVing it, they can snap CURVVs to Safari and build a Altura as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-safarialtura.png  

Attached Images

Old 1st February 2024, 22:27   #174
BHPian

While I’m not disappointed as others in the forum, I strongly feel Tata should have tried something similar to Cayenne coupe with its curvy body style and not something like a Urus or S5.
Old 1st February 2024, 23:01   #175
BHPian

Although, I admire Tata for their new designs. I feel they got the side proportions wrong.

Compared with the new BMW X2 and the beautiful BMW X6 it looks like Tata Curvv is stunted in length. Maybe it is the wheel arches, they are too square and bulky.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India for the first time-curve_vs_x6_x2.jpg
SatishChour is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 23:17   #176
BHPian

This is going to be a game changer. I believe Tatas have identified an unmet need of people who need 5-seater SUVs but are not happy with lack of adequate boot space. Let the car get launched. Soon we'll find posts singing praises of the practicality this car offers, however it looks.

Last edited by mayd85 : 1st February 2024 at 23:17. Reason: Typo
mayd85 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 23:30   #177
BANNED

This shock-and-awe design may work, too. TM is having a good run lately. Who thought they would be almost beating Hyundai in sales. The only oddity is that the car is under-tyred. Fill those wheel-wells with bigger tyres and this won't look as bad as it does now.
Old 1st February 2024, 23:59   #178
BHPian

Oh dear lord! When are the sedans going to make a come back! My eyes can't take these horrible designs anymore!

A coupe does not look good. Even the best looking coupe looks weird to me. There is something terribly off about the proportions of a coupe. It's in that uncanny valley between an suv and a sedan. A well designed suv can look good. A moderately designed sedan can look great! But the best designed coupe is just not palatable!

I know my opinions aren't going to be well received but, sedans are the perfect body type for passenger vehicle.
Old 2nd February 2024, 00:01   #179
BHPian

I think Tata is trying to create a new segment here. Bold move
, but considering the crowded space in this segment, they had to do something different.
I think the form of the car looks fresh, and the car will look better in flesh than in pictures. Looking forward to price reveal of the car
Old 2nd February 2024, 00:12   #180
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

You guys should read the comments on Instagram for this car's design. Absolutely marvelous comments.

"Tata Nexon powered by Nora Fatehi"

"Nexon (Malaika Arora edition)" - My favorite.

"BMW X6 first draft"

"Urus after hairfall"

"If Nexon and Tigor had a baby"

"Nexon + Protein powder"

"BMW X6 left the chat"

"BMW X6 from Naaptol App"

"Those back windows are smaller than my pee hole" - This was my Instagram's *** moment of the day

"Nexon ki fuffi hai yeh toh"

..and many more!

Tata had better not launch this car now! Haha
sjain2054 is online now   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks