Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 13:04   #151
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
This car is not based on the Alfa architecture. It is based on a modified version of the X1 platform of the Nexon (Indica Vista). Think of Curvv to Nexon as XUV400 to XUV300 with more changes.

They are going to launch this in EV and diesel format. Petrol will follow suit later, once the new GDI turbo petrols get ready. The existing 1.2 turbo petrol of Nexon is a legacy design in itself and while it is perfectly competitive in the sub 4m segment, it is not going to cut it against the modern 1.5 turbo petrols from Hyundai/Kia and VW/Skoda.

The diesel engine, however, it’s the same as in Venue and Sonet. So there it’s is going to be perfectly adequate against what the competition is offering.

Agree that Nexon is derived from the X1 platform. I some how have a feeling that this may come on the Alfa Architecture. That is my gut feel.

The 1.2 TGDi that Tata Motors displayed is a redesigned and retuned engine. It's on an all aluminium construct and I feel will display excellent new character. We need to watch out for more information.
Old 1st February 2024, 13:42   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalmr62 View Post
Tata is trying have a signature look for their range, and honestly I agree it is need of the hour. Whether this look is good or not is different topic altogether.
The last time Tata had the family look, it turned into their biggest Achilles heel. The moment the trend changes, your entire portfolio starts looking obsolete in one go. Like what happened with them a decade ago.

Cars should have character of their own. Also, Tata is not Porsche or Mercedes who can get away with it.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 1st February 2024 at 13:47.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 13:47   #153
BHPian

While I love the Harrier / Safari design, this just does not sit well with me no matter how hard I try. But what the hell do I know, I thought the same when I saw an Indigo CS for the first time and it started a whole new segment.

Get in the ICE Sierra, Tata. That's what we're all waiting for!
Old 1st February 2024, 13:49   #154
BHPian

In my mind the fly in the ointment is the quality of fit and finish combined with very low initial quality issues that will define how many Tata Motors can sell. There are some who will anyway buy the Curvv for the novelty of having a brand new design but most will wait till the car shows decent quality and initial teething problems are over. TAMO is on a very slippery slope.
Old 1st February 2024, 13:59   #155
BHPian

Here is a walkaround video I found on YouTube. Wheel arch gaps feel weird from many angles, like a sedan body on an SUV frame. I think it should be addressed and fixed before launch to make it look proportionate.

Last edited by divirokr : 1st February 2024 at 14:00.
divirokr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 14:11   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Curvv shown at Bharat Mobility 2024 looks production-ready.

Attachment 2567583

Attachment 2567584

Attachment 2567585

Link
Just plain awful proportion!
The silhouette of the car from the side looks like the peppa pig's car my daughter use to draw when she was 3 years old.
Also why are the wheels of TATA's recent SUVs un-proportionately and un-necessarily BIG?
Old 1st February 2024, 14:23   #157
BHPian

This design must have taken up after Mr Pratap Bose exited.

Currently this looks like a weird design just like what I felt about Hyundai Aura. But there will be buyers if the car appeals to mass just like Aura.

Hopefully this preposition also works for Tata.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2024, 14:54   #158
BHPian

As someone said earlier, this looks like a Manza facelift.

This body style may not be easily accepted by the Indian consumers.

With such a rising beltline, I wonder how much would be visible in the IRVM.
Knightrider is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 15:58   #159
BHPian

First sedan by Tata after Bolt (I think).. Interesting to see Tata take a gamble by launching a product which is not a mainstream design, but at the same time they have more or less decided that the front fascia of all cars will be identical. They may need to move away from it as it may make the products looking boring since so many of them will look different versions of same theme. I am not sure if Tata will be able to achieve 48,000 sales figure (as per autocar, which includes 12,000 for EV)..

Having said that from EV perspective, elevated stance may help in making sure that the battery pack is not too low and cabin space is also not compromised.
Old 1st February 2024, 16:17   #160
BHPian

I think this is an experimental model. The overall shape looks ugly to me. But on closer inspection there are many new individual styling features, surface finishes and part sub assembly concepts that are visible.

While it might be not impressive on paper, from an engineering POV, the engineers would have been out through their paces creating the new kind of body panels, bumper and cladding finishes, flush handles etc....
ZenMaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 16:25   #161
BHPian

IMHO, Instead of taking a design risk like this one, Tata motors could've just given us a nice looking sedan and jacked up the ground clearance like the Virtus/Slavia

Did a quick sketch cos I'm bored at work

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tata-sedan.jpg
RunSam is offline   (66) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 16:59   #162
BHPian

With all the ugliness like creta, i20's, and elevate's running around this is a change of scenery by Tata. I wonder where TM shares will go to after it goes out for sale.

Fantastic entry by Tata. Mahindra must be mulling over thoughts to introduce something like tata in entry segment.
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 17:03   #163
BHPian

Looks like a poor copy of the BMW X6 and the Mercedes Benz GLC Coupe IMHO.

When a company gets lazy with it's designs, it means they are overconfident and a downturn is not far away. Too early to say for Tata though. I am proud of the products it came out with post the JLR takeover. But the earlier they course correct, the better.
Old 1st February 2024, 17:06   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunSam View Post

Did a quick sketch cos I'm bored at work

Attachment 2567658

This is exactly what the curvv should have been. + the 170ps 280Nm 4 cyl engine. Optional racer version which should be sleeper & premium.

Instead they Jack this upto 230+MM and and slap those ugly alloys.

Last edited by shastryBLR : 1st February 2024 at 17:09.
Old 1st February 2024, 19:57   #165
BHPian

Those black borders seem quite prominent, and I wonder if they might clash with certain color options or customization choices. Was this taken into account during the design process? I'm curious to know the team's perspective on this potential issue.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks