Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 11:11   #136
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post
Very good question and looks like closer we get to the launch date there are many concerns popping in if this is the right product(I am still hoping this turns out well and beats Koreans).

IMO buyers would be all confused for a 5 seater TATA, people will either undercut their budget for a Nexon or go overboard and buy harrier making CURVV a low volume product.

I think that this car is for people who like the Nexon, but doesn't like how common it is in the Indian market. The car doesn't stand out at all.
UNSC117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 11:42   #137
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Got to love the coupe design, something which we usually don't see in this price range. I am hopeful it will be quite a looker in flesh.

Seems like Tata is keen to position this to take on both the midsize SUV and sedan market. It can go either ways, i.e. could be liked by both sedan and SUV lovers or neither of them would prefer to go with a car having an existential crisis.

I would be disappointed if it comes with only diesel engine option as being discussed. EV option is fine but give us the TGDI petrol we have been waiting for!
Old 1st February 2024, 11:46   #138

The overall proportions of the Curvv creates a visual confusion whether to look at it as an SUV or a sedan. From the sides, it appears more like a sedan... the size of a Sumo wrestler. The wheels are oversized making it appear like a large truck, but the front and rear carry the SUV looks, the similar DNA of Nexon, Harrier etc.
One would assume that it would have a minimum 2.0 litre engine with a power close to150-180 hp. But it has only a 1.5 litre engine with similar power to midsize sedans. Maybe this is an experiment to check a possibility to create a new segment.
But the new design and style language appears too pronounced and obvious... It would be nice to see it subtly carried across the different product categories.
Vinturbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 11:48   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Tata will plan more SUVs and they did talk about a similar SUV coupe on the Omega architecture and that can hold the Jeep 2.0L engine. That is a bigger SUV, akin to the BMW X4 vs X6. Mahindra too presented XUV900 that they have promised to roll out soon. So hold your horses, future is coupes.

This looks wierd initially but will be very much attractive in flesh than in pictures. They have maintained a family look akin to the Mercs and BMWs. Initially they too looked similar but could only be differentiated in flesh and badges.
Oh, I see. I wasn't aware of the OMEGA architecture leading to a new vehicle with the Jeep 2.0 engine.

For once, I'm hoping for a holistic and proportional designs to emerge from Indian manufacturers. I'm tired of the bricks-on-wheels designs.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 1st February 2024, 11:54   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Instead of adding a boot to the nexon, Tata could have worked on adding a boot to Altroz. A c2 sedan with 110 bhp, 260Nm diesel engine with altroz platform would have been amazing.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 11:57   #141
BHPian

While other carmakers are going out of the way to make the wheel caps on their cars look like alloys...
Name:  Hyundai.png
Views: 606
Size:  352.2 KB
Name:  hyundai 2.png
Views: 648
Size:  469.7 KB

The Legend of Tata has gone against the grain to offer us alloys that look like wheel caps

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-81rexw0hcbl._ac_uf10001000_ql80_.jpg
captain.torque is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:01   #142
Senior - BHPian

I like what I see till now. Great effort from Tata for sure for giving us something different than others in the crowded market of SUV's. This will certainly look better in person. I have seen prototype closely and it has some presence for sure in real world. It feels much bigger than Tigor.
aniketi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:03   #143
BHPian

I am not sure at what point this starts to look odd to my eyes. In fact, sometime back, I saw a first gen swift dzire with elevated suspensions, and somehow, this car passes on that same feeling to me.

But yes, this design is extremely polarizing and looks like an amalgamation of few cars. Starting from Nexon, to Zest to even Urus
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-picture3.png  

DivyanshuDiv is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:17   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv shown at Bharat Mobility 2024 looks production-ready.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240201_121557.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240201_121559.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240201_121601.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:17   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Considering that this is just a Nexon with a bigger boot, I think they can price it aggressively - even after factoring the higher tax bracket compared to the Nexon. An electric version without tax difference can maybe priced just about 50k more than the Nexon EV

Wonder why they didn't just make a Nexon XL styled like a regular 4.3 m car than adopting a coupe kind of styling. The coupe should at least have had a reworked beltline.

And if the powertrain is the same as compared to Nexon, do they expect people to pay a couple of lakhs just for 72L of more bootspace?
Looking at how people are paying extra for rebadged Maruti/Toyota, VW/Skoda tells us that the Indian market is just emotional enough to pay extra for the exact same car with different badges or styling.
Cresterk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:47   #146
BHPian

I actually like this abomination! Wish it was a bit more longer.

Tata is trying have a signature look for their range, and honestly I agree it is need of the hour. Whether this look is good or not is different topic altogether.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 12:48   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Curvv shown at Bharat Mobility 2024 looks production-ready.

Attachment 2567583

Attachment 2567584

Attachment 2567585

Link

And well it’s finally here!! i think it’s “slowly it will grow on us” design language. I would have loved if they retained the concept front fascia. Well would like to see the interiors now. Waiting for more posts today..
Old 1st February 2024, 12:56   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babruvahanaaaaa View Post
This is the best looking angle for this vehicle. It looks too high of the ground to me and the front looks like it was cut abruptly and doesn't match with the rest of the car.
Old 1st February 2024, 13:02   #149
BHPian

What if instead of putting extra boot to the Nexon Tata adds pair of seats and make it low cost 5+2 seater muv and price it against the ertiga.
I don't know if the platform is capable or not, please excuse me if I'm wrong.
Old 1st February 2024, 13:04   #150
BHPian

Is there a contest for producing the ugliest car known to mankind? I seemed to have missed the flyer.
BrakeDancer is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks