Team-BHP - Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/267890-scoop-tata-curvv-test-mule-spotted-india-edit-curvv-petrol-launched-rs-10-00-lakh-74.html)

Tata Curvv media drive reviews drops on Sep 19.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298419798.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298421952.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298424461.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298426667.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298428803.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298431096.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298434386.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298436685.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240914_125427.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240914_125429.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240914_125433.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1726298441497.jpg

Source : CarandBike

Must admit, Tata has made excellent use of the steel wheels and wheel caps. IMHO, as a cheaper alternative, their hyper steel wheels + wheel cap combos have come out really nice.

This is the Tata Curvv Pure Plus S variant.

Image sources: Rajni Chaudhary & Tata Innovista

Tata Curvv bodyshell on display.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240914_213819.jpg

I dont get one thing, Tata has been using that illuminated steering design since quite some time now, but why havent they been able to get the alignment right:Frustrati

It was fine when it first came out. It isnt fine now. We are not buying some DCM lorries from them. We are buying proper cars that cost above 20 lacs.

Not sure when such QC gremlins will be ironed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5842820)
I dont get one thing, Tata has been using that illuminated steering design since quite some time now, but why havent they been able to get the alignment right:Frustrati

Tell me about it. That just triggered my OCD, and shouldn't really been expecting this from a professional car company (be it a 5L product or a 20+L).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh (Post 5842044)
Tata Curvv bodyshell on display.

Attachment 2654977

Any news when the crash test ratings come out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07CR (Post 5842826)
Tell me about it. That just triggered my OCD, and shouldn't really been expecting this from a professional car company (be it a 5L product or a 20+L).

I can do more to trigger your OCD. Look at the pictures posted by Venkatesh only.

Look at the loose seat cover fitting on the rear seats
Look at the horribly cut plastic holes and the JBL logo on the speaker grill

These are all very minor things. One can even argue that they are very minor for TaMo to take measures. But such measures are the one that go a very long way about shaping brand image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5842820)

It was fine when it first came out. It isnt fine now. We are not buying some DCM lorries from them. We are buying proper cars that cost above 20 lacs.

Not sure when such QC gremlins will be ironed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikishor (Post 5842875)
I can do more to trigger your OCD. Look at the pictures posted by Venkatesh only.

Look at the loose seat cover fitting on the rear seats
Look at the horribly cut plastic holes and the JBL logo on the speaker grill

These are all very minor things. One can even argue that they are very minor for TaMo to take measures. But such measures are the one that go a very long way about shaping brand image.

I think it is more about intent and how high on the priority list does it fit..

(We own a 2024 Safari Dark Accomplished)

One can notice the stark contrast between the fit and finish of say the Alcazar facelift vs. this car.

While it is supremely important to get that finesse, I suspect this is a whole different expertise which our Indian car makers clearly lack, and are yet to put their top focus on, develop and get it right (it is going to take more than 1 iteration).

And this is probably the only complaint we have on Tata cars. Other aspects including fully functional SW are getting there......

Is it only Me? This car has given me a feeling to be CHEAP in all means. This looks like a poor mans coupe SUV.

I'm waiting for our official review to know the Curvv in detail :)

Ergonomics and TATA are antonyms. Why can't the wireless charger be integrated in the middle console below the HVAC and provision cup holders in the current wireless charging area? Who keeps their coffee/Tea cups inside glovebox? Why provision cup holders inside the glove box? Doesn't the designers in TaMo have coffee/tea while driving to office. Do they keep it inside the glove box? You don't need to have brains of Adrian Newey to get basic things right the first time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutoshb (Post 5841880)
Must admit, Tata has made excellent use of the steel wheels and wheel caps. IMHO, as a cheaper alternative, their hyper steel wheels + wheel cap combos have come out really nice.

This is the Tata Curvv Pure Plus S variant.

Isn't this just what Creta did in the S variant back in 2020? Stylized wheel caps that integrated onto steel wheels?

I used to think that putting cup holders in glove box would make more sense in Curvv.EV as the customers would want to take refreshments break when they're charging their EV.

But now when I see the ICE version also having the same thing, I realise it was just me trying to fool myself. TAMO needs to buckle up. These things may sound like nitpicks but they ruin customer experience.

While the overall design of the Curvv is unique and surely makes it stand out on the road, Tata designers' obsession with Piano Black elements continues. Even the wheel arch claddings and the rear bumper are finished in Piano Black! I'm at a loss for words to describe the absurdity.

This is the biggest gripe even on my Nexon. Even if they provide cup holder under air vents, it's fine (Something retractable)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sids85 (Post 5843243)
Who keeps their coffee/Tea cups inside glovebox? Why provision cup holders inside the glove box?

From 2017 I'm fine with Key Motors Kanakapura road. Car has zero issues (Nexon). Post covid, the car volume is just too much at the service station, and you may need to find an outside authorised garage
Quote:

Originally Posted by OM07 (Post 5838706)
On one side they are selling 40k+ cars a month, on the other side people are warning me not to go with Tata. Really confused here. Is Tata's reliability and service really that bad ?