Team-BHP - Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/267890-scoop-tata-curvv-test-mule-spotted-india-edit-curvv-petrol-launched-rs-10-00-lakh-73.html)

The family look is an absolute NO !

They had a great opportunity to launch a Coupe but they failed in delivering a well proportioned car.

Its just a Nexon with a boot and looks like cross between a Tigor and Nexon.

Harrier and Altroz are well proportioned cars. Tata should launch the Sierra soon and a normal looking sports coupe or convertible with about 200 HP

As of now with EV policies flipping daily not a good time to buy EV though I was in the market for an EV but postponing my decision

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 5836197)
The second base model Pure+ looks great value 12.49 lak petrol and 13.99 lak in diesel for the DCA version. Advantage in Curvv diesel is that there is no need for DEF liquid unlike other 1.5 diesels. The 17 inch wheels don't look odd with those good looking wheel caps.

The first two pics are of the Pure+S variant which comes with hyper style wheels as TATA calls them and sunroof at 70k extra.

You rightly pointed out and i do agree with your view. The CURVV in it's Pure plus trim is the best looking of the lot. The wheels on the top trims are an eyesore.

Saw the car in flesh today. Both me and wife felt it did not have enough space inside for a 15-20 lac car, 3-5 cm of additional headroom in the back, and additional 10 cm legroom would have helped in making this a decent upgrade for our ageing Skoda Rapid. But alas, Curvv is out of consideration now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgt.v8 (Post 5837501)
The blue color looks very similar to Galactic Sapphire blue on Safari and blue color available on previous gen Safari. The darker shade of blue looks good.
I am not a fan of bluish seats and interiors. If interiors were darker bluish instead of light blue, they would blend well with dark grey seats.

Wireless charger is proving to be intrusive feature in higher variants. Just look at the storage space available in center console in Creative+S variant. All this space is lost because a wireless charger is sitting there in higher variants.
Attachment 2651559
I hope auto makers stop thinking wireless charger is a necessity as I see more and more cars are coming with wireless chargers and I don't want my phone to go bad due to heating issues from slow wireless charging.

Planning to get top end ev. Can we ask dealer/sc to remove wireless charger and replace with this? 😅

Had a quick look at the car for 2-3 minutes while passing by a Tata Motors showroom. The exterior looks good. The car is quite big on the outside and has a nice slippery shape. The light blue color also suits it very well. The car has good presence due to its height as compared to a normal sedan.

The interiors look and feel nice, and the steering is nice to hold. There is sufficient headroom up front. However, the driver seat adjustments are somewhat limited, there is no true driver seat height adjust, just a pivot mechanism, that can raise or lower the back side of the seat. However, when raising the back side, the front of the seat goes down, which affects thigh support and overall seating comfort. Even with the seat in the lower position, thigh support is very limited.

The biggest drawback is the lack of space at the back. I used to own a Polo 14 years back when it was launched in 2010, and the space at the back of the Curvv reminds me of the amount of room that used to be available on the Polo. The legroom is even lower than what you could find in a compact sedan like the Swift Dzire.

This makes the Curvv a car that is strictly for singles or a couple. Back seat is unusable except for very small children. Headroom is also severely limited at the back for 6 foot plus adults.

I recently saw curvv and i liked the creative plus s variant(petrol dca). But i am really worried about the reliability and service of tata. I am from Bangalore and majority of service centres within 10 km from my location have poor google ratings(below 4). Moreover 4 among 6 people I know who own tata cars have faced issue with their new cars within two to three years (most of them were battery issues). I don't know if that is a mere coincidence. On one side they are selling 40k+ cars a month, on the other side people are warning me not to go with Tata. Really confused here. Is Tata's reliability and service really that bad ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OM07 (Post 5838706)
Is Tata's reliability and service really that bad ?

Its a hit or miss, as you would read in every Tata review here. I am happy, but some other member is not. It also depends on the dealer in your area, your expectations from a car and the severity level of your OCD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranavjindal999 (Post 5837857)
Planning to get top end ev. Can we ask dealer/sc to remove wireless charger and replace with this? ��

Exactly my thoughts lol: I think wireless chargers provided in cars these days may be troublesome to use because it seems like (no real experience) they don't have any mechanisms to hold phone from sliding or falling due to braking or bumps, as well as to align phones to the coil (which is important). Apple's MagSafe provision would be the best. You need not buy an Apple for that, you can buy cheap phone cases with MagSafe like magnet built into them. I use car mobile holders with wireless charger in both my cars, it works like a charm and is extremely convenient, both to charge as well as to just hold your phone while driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urorobo (Post 5837527)

As of now with EV policies flipping daily not a good time to buy EV though I was in the market for an EV but postponing my decision

Can you please elaborate a bit? I am trying to gather information about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by santosh.s (Post 5838834)
Exactly my thoughts lol: I think wireless chargers provided in cars these days may be troublesome to use because it seems like (no real experience) they don't have any mechanisms to hold phone from sliding or falling due to braking or bumps, as well as to align phones to the coil (which is important). Apple's MagSafe provision would be the best. You need not buy an Apple for that, you can buy cheap phone cases with MagSafe like magnet built into them. I use car mobile holders with wireless charger in both my cars, it works like a charm and is extremely convenient, both to charge as well as to just hold your phone while driving.

Can you please elaborate a bit? I am trying to gather information about it.

Regarding the ev policies, may be he's saying about the recent rto changes for ev in delhi. Now being taxed 10%.

Regarding wireless charger:
I just don't want one. I don't have a phone with wireless charging, hence waste for me. Need space instead.

Tata Curvv media drive in Goa:

Name:  Screenshot 20240913 201421.png
Views: 170
Size:  195.4 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20240913 201950.png
Views: 175
Size:  685.1 KB

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240913-201724.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240913-201744.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240913-201803.png

Saw a Curvv EV today in BLR. Looked impressive!

Noted one DRL was dysfunctional. Initially thought it was a switchback LED, but it did not come on even after 30 seconds of it following my Bimmer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 5841633)
Saw a Curvv EV today in BLR. Looked impressive!

Noted one DRL was dysfunctional. Initially thought it was a switchback LED, but it did not come on even after 30 seconds of it following my Bimmer.

This is one funny issue and by experience I can tell you it is not a "curvv" issue I have faced this on my nexon also. Now I had earlier noticed this on other nexons on the road and thought this to be a dysfunctional DRL issue. This is till one day this happened to me.

I have a weird habit of looking at my cars reflection on vehicles in front of me. One day I saw that after turning the left indicator, on the DRL it stopped functioning. It remained like that for some time and worked fine next time I started the car. Now for anyone driving, this is unnoticeable until you see the cars reflection while driving. This is an issue which comes and goes on its own and I guess it has something to do with its dual function. I saw a Curv today as well with one DRL dysfunctional, I'm assuming the issue to be the same. Recreating this issue would be tough and for a driver its hard to notice until someone from out of the car points it out.

Just saw curve.ev pass by my home and saw it from the top. Looked really curvy and different. More bulky than I was expecting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400notout (Post 5841666)
This is one funny issue and by experience I can tell you it is not a "curvv" issue I have faced this on my nexon also. Now I had earlier noticed this on other nexons on the road and thought this to be a dysfunctional DRL issue. This is till one day this happened to me.

I have a weird habit of looking at my cars reflection on vehicles in front of me. One day I saw that after turning the left indicator, on the DRL it stopped functioning. It remained like that for some time and worked fine next time I started the car. Now for anyone driving, this is unnoticeable until you see the cars reflection while driving. This is an issue which comes and goes on its own and I guess it has something to do with its dual function. I saw a Curv today as well with one DRL dysfunctional, I'm assuming the issue to be the same. Recreating this issue would be tough and for a driver its hard to notice until someone from out of the car points it out.

Lights are interconnected with different circuits and they run on lot of codes. There are all software glitches and are bound to happen. Sotfware needs to be thoroughly teated for bugs before deployment. Tata selling cars with codes full of bugs. Future updates might solve these issues. These cars are like computers. If something doesnt work, turn it off and try turning it back on.:)

Media drive starts.

Source: @carandbike