Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2024, 10:42   #1021
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra Thar ROXX vs. Tata CURVV: Will the SUV or Coupe take their respective company to the Nr. 2 spot in Sept. sales?

Aug. dispatches shown for ref.

Attachment 2649631
Hi, I thought so when Tata Tiago EV was launched that Tata would replace Hyundai to become No. 2 from July 2024, but this did not happen.

Most likely with Curvv.ev & ICE, it will again be difficult for Tata as Curvv.ev will eat sales of Nexon.ev and Curvv ICE will dent sales of Nexon ICE. I think net net Tata will sell close to 46k to 47k units a month on consistent basis.

Mahindra will again have problem with Roxx eating sales of Thar 2 door and also of Scorpio N and XUV 700. I feel Roxx is so good that buyers will be tempted to buy Roxx instead of Scorpio N and XUV700, which have become too common on road.
Old 3rd September 2024, 10:43   #1022
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

This is really great pricing and as always, a wide option of variants across engines and transmissions.

The only question remains reliability and service experience; also with so many new models being launched, their service network is being severely put under pressure.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 11:00   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
It is not bad pricing. Of course, for the higher variants, they could have gone a bit more aggressive but OEMs have still not got it into their head that price corrections are already due, no not due but overdue.

It is a given in the current market that people often do cross-shopping and this is where they might get their numbers from. Exciting times ahead.

NEXON is now being pushed from both ends. Punch is already taking away a good chunk of sales from Nexon and now Curvv will do the same from the other end. In a way, this is a masterstroke from TATA.
  • TATA will ensure the prospective buyer will still pick a TATA over any other OEM.
  • Nexon is on an old platform which needs to be retired soon and it is better to have cars of the newer platform in higher numbers. That way, the new architecture will attain Economies of Scale soon and will start profitable faster.
  • Slowly but surely they will increase the price window of Punch, Nexon and Curvv and people will not even realize it.
CURVV is also based on the same X1 platform that underpins the NEXON. In a way CURVV is a NEXON SPORTSBACK (Coupe). CURVV is too close to Nexon for it to be considered a full upgrade to C SUV segment.
Adorablejim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 12:54   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
This is really great pricing and as always, a wide option of variants across engines and transmissions.

The only question remains reliability and service experience; also with so many new models being launched, their service network is being severely put under pressure.
That's always the question right?, which never gets addressed or even touched upon by Tata management. Just like post covid boom, this will also crash down due to under pressure service network. This rapid growth is not sustainable without investment on new service networks with customer centric approach.

PS: Alas, I could be wrong. We Indians have the atmost patience on important stuff, but goes haywire on trivial things.
vegitakarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 13:02   #1025
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
CURVV is also based on the same X1 platform that underpins the NEXON. In a way CURVV is a NEXON SPORTSBACK (Coupe). CURVV is too close to Nexon for it to be considered a full upgrade to C SUV segment.

Curvv is not based on the same platform. One of the members on the forum highlighted this in a previous discussion. We may derive it is an evolution of the X1, but it's not the same. The new platform (ATLAS) shall be used in the upcoming Sierra as well.

I can surmise from your comment that your opinion is based on Motorinc initial impressions about the Curvv. Please check the quoted text below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
I doubt about the X1 platform. I shall explain.

Tata runs on 4 platforms.
X0 for Tiago and Tigor
X1 for Nexon
ALFARC for Altorz and Punch
OMEGARC for Safari and Harrier

5th platform is the new Activ.ev for it's line of EVs that will power the Gen 2 EVs.

ALFARC is upto 4.1 meters and 16 inch wheels
OMEGARC for 4.3 and above and for expensive SUVs
Tata has deficiency in 3.99-4.5 meter low cost platform that is been filled with the X1 on a temporary basis as it is more than 15 years old and is heavy. Maruti Suzuki's Heartech platform is lighter and more flexible that can cater from 3.6 to 4.3 meters from Celerio to Ertiga. The X1 platform is loosing on multiple fronts due to it's outdated architecture with tailor mounted blanks wielding tech that was then newly introduced.

Last edited by TheStoryweaver : 3rd September 2024 at 13:05.
TheStoryweaver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 14:12   #1026

Thanks to Basalt, for forcing Tata to keep the price of this "premium" product in check.

I hope Tata can focus a lot more on reliability and better service center experience for the customer. New products and launches will only give you so much sale, it is the ownership experience which also matters a lot.
MJ23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 14:55   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23 View Post
Thanks to Basalt, for forcing Tata to keep the price of this "premium" product in check.

Honestly I don't think Curvv and Basalt are direct competitors. Basalt looks and feels clearly one segment lower.

The prospective customer base will also be different.

Comparing Basalt turbo with Curvv 1.2 MPI turbo, Curvv is a lot more VFM.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 14:59   #1028
srh
BHPian

Not sure what Tata are thinking. INR 1.3 lakh premium for GDI petrol engine and INR 1.5 lakh premium for diesel engine over the turbo petrol makes no sense.

Seems that the GDI especially will be dead on arrival itself.
Old 3rd September 2024, 15:58   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Well, Kia Sonet D-AT HTX variant starts at 13.26 ex showroom with a Torque converter gearbox. Funnily in September 2021 I got the same variant for 13.2 on road. Prices have indeed risen a bit since then. Anyways, Curvv being bigger in all aspects is a no Brainer at this price point. Although buying diesel in NCR now makes no sense and Ev and hybrid are the go to options.
You can always buy a diesel cars from nearby places (Chandigarh/Dehradun/Jaipur/Lucknow) bring it to NCR on N-O-C and keep driving for 10 years and then return back to these cities all this at a very small cost.
Old 3rd September 2024, 17:05   #1030
BHPian

In case of Tata, please take introductory discount as advance compensation to beta testers. Good Luck who fall for this bait, I won’t even look unless it’s offered completely free.
FiatDiesel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 19:14   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegitakarthik View Post
This rapid growth is not sustainable without investment on new service networks with customer centric approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Hopefully, once dedicated Tata EV showrooms are established, they should alleviate some pressure on the existing dealer network. Additionally, given the differing client profiles and servicing needs associated with the two powertrains, it makes perfect sense to begin separating them.
Old 3rd September 2024, 19:51   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Honestly I don't think Curvv and Basalt are direct competitors. Basalt looks and feels clearly one segment lower.

The prospective customer base will also be different.

Comparing Basalt turbo with Curvv 1.2 MPI turbo, Curvv is a lot more VFM.
Exactly. They may be of same size but a class apart in every other aspect. Similar to Magnite/Kiger vs other sub 4m SUVs/Crossovers like Sonet/Brezza/others.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 20:53   #1033
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The new engine doesn't have dpf right? I have the 2017 diesel with no issues
I faced DPF issue once, however issue resolved with a software update. As of now all good.
rnaduthota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 23:35   #1034
BHPian

I quite like this new Burgundy/Red interior theme. Looks so upmarket and rich in person. Sets the mood alright. Most importantly, It's much more abuse/dirt friendly. I hope they start to provide this color theme on all of their product lineup atleast as an add-on accessory.
I have a very good feeling about this car. Rear seat headroom is little concerning for someone taller than average but apart from that, overall seating seems to be commendable. Seats are wide, bolstering is good , accomodating for heavier built persons as well. AC as always is chilling. That design flaw of Safari ( knee fiddling with centre console) is sorted here. Nothing of that sort in Curvv. Awaiting for test drive.
Flyingdutchman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2024, 08:32   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Not sure what Tata are thinking. INR 1.3 lakh premium for GDI petrol engine and INR 1.5 lakh premium for diesel engine over the turbo petrol makes no sense.

Seems that the GDI especially will be dead on arrival itself.
I doubt it will be dead on arrival. Let's not jump to conclusions just looking at it. There should be something different over the Revotron turbo engine for it to be priced premium. Let's look at the initial test drives to assess how is it superior is it to throw in our opinions.

Coming to diesel, the government regulations have thrown in a spanner in the wheel forcing all the companies to bump up R&D costs and price it premium. So let's wait for the verdicts.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks