Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2024, 18:38   #961
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshj18 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

This is what I would need to understand further. As I understand, Curvv would have the same 1.5 Diesel as of Nexon. What has been the experience of Junta driving it?
I think it's not same engine in the diesel. Nexon has Revotorq diesel engine while for Curvv they'll use Kryojet which is being used in Harrier but Curvv will have 1.5l.
Old 17th August 2024, 20:26   #962
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)
re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
This is what I would need to understand further. As I understand, Curvv would have the same 1.5 Diesel as of Nexon. What has been the experience of Junta driving it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevator View Post
I think it's not same engine in the diesel. Nexon has Revotorq diesel engine while for Curvv they'll use Kryojet which is being used in Harrier but Curvv will have 1.5l.
The Curvv's Kyrojet Diesel is an enhanced version of the existing 1.5 diesel, featuring a new turbocharger and an upgraded air intake system that provide a power boost over its predecessor.
shortbread is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 20:32   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Curvv spotted testing on the Dharwad-Belgaum stretch of highway earlier today. Pics by my nephew.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-curvv1.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-curvv2.jpg
condor is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 14:14   #964
BHPian

The ROXX review is already online at T-BHP. Where is the Curvv review?

I am eagerly waiting for this review as this is a first car from TATA where some seriously pragmatic and clever engineering work has been done to use a lot of common parts from Nexon Bin to control costs and at times differentiate from Nexon as well through very astute usage of Colour, Material and Finish.

Make no mistake, the Curvv is not a New-New Car but a Nexon at Heart with a new outer Skin and some upgrades on the DashBoard. Every technology available on the Curvv will probably make its way to the Nexon eventually.
Carma2017 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 15:03   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
Here it is https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ev-review.html (Tata Curvv EV Review)
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 15:03   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ev-review.html (Tata Curvv EV Review)

Curvv EV review is already there. Curvv ICE media drives are yet to happen.
tushky is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 17:57   #967

Quote:
Engine Options

Hi all,

Curvv ICE looks promising and I am considering it. However, yet to decide on the drivetrain. Never driven a Diesel engine before hence initially thought to go with the new Hyperion 1.2L TGDI.

However, now I feel that I should make this a well thought out decision between Kryojet 1.5L Diesel vs Hyperion 1.2L TGDI.

Looking for pointers on how to compare between the two, initial price v/s mileage difference is one, power/torque is another but these can be dealt with data. However, need views on overall driving experience, NVH, drivability etc.
Waiting to experience the ICE as well!

I checked out the EV last week and the car looks even better in flesh and blood.

For me the 18” wheels looks just amazing specially in the ICE design!

It indeed is a jacked up Nexon with a lot more features! For me it is a great mix of Harrier and Nexon!

I am excited to see how the new TGDI engine behaves! I am seriously considering this car and have my eyes on September 2!!
Old 18th August 2024, 20:06   #968
BHPian

Quote:
As I understand, Curvv would have the same 1.5 Diesel as of Nexon. What has been the experience of Junta driving it?
I own a Nexon Diesel manual (pre-facelift) with the BS6 PH2 engine. After driving over 30,000 km, I must say it is an excellent engine. Initially, I encountered some DPF issues, but these were resolved after a software update (you can refer to the details on my ownership review page). I consistently get over 20 km/l on the highway and over 17 km/l in the city. The engine is noisy until it warms up, but manageable. Clutch is lighter compared to other diesel cars. Overall, my experience has been great so far.
rnaduthota is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 20:39   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnaduthota View Post
I own a Nexon Diesel manual (pre-facelift) with the BS6 PH2 engine. After driving over 30,000 km, I must say it is an excellent engine.
Eager to know what is the difference between the Revotron and Kryotech engine. Thought specs are the same, what to know what is revolutionary tech. We'll only get to know on 2nd september.

We still didn't get complete information on TGDi engine yet.
Old 22nd August 2024, 22:48   #970
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Tata is taking too long to launch Curvv ICE. All the noise and interest they generated with Curvv.ev reveal, Curvv.ev ads going up Sandakhpu, first couple SUV are getting reduced as days pass by, and new launches are happening.

Roxx has already stole the limelight and some of my non car followers know about Roxx but not about Curvv. Alcazar facelift is coming on 9th-September.

Some of the dealerships already have a display Curvv Accomplished+A but they do not have a test drive ICE car. I wonder why Tata is taking this long to make Curvv ICE available. I hope Tata did not rush Curvv reveal only to make it before Citroen Basalt launch, Tata has tested Curvv.ev and Curvv ICE well and do not repeat history of what they did with Harrier v1 launch in Jan-2019 where Harrier had too many issues in first year.
Old 28th August 2024, 17:03   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Curvv would have the same 1.5 Diesel as of Nexon. What has been the experience of Junta driving it?
I've '18 Nexon Diesel XMA (AMT)Etna Orange, with about 20k km, just love the surge of power on the highway.

I change the oil and filter once in 2 years, and air filter yearly, that's all the expenses incurred in this 6 years, cabin still smells showroom condition.
Vinod_nair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 17:28   #972
BHPian

The Nexon Diesel engine is known to be an excellent one with very good reviews from Auto Journalists. Am confident that the Curvv now sporting a slightly upgraded version of the same should be as good or even better given the proven track record. Icing on the cake would be Transmission.
Flash777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 18:51   #973
BHPian

As the ICE Curvv nears launch, I hope we get answers for a set of questions I have in my mind. When the mods of this forum attend the event and drive the car, I hope you would elicit answers of the questions I have in my mind from the executives from Tata Motors.

Platform:
1. The car now comes on a new ATLAS platform. Is Atlas platform a derivation of the AlfaArc platform or is it an all new one.

2. Will it continue to exist along with AlfaArc and OmegaArc platforms?

3. In the video of Atlas platform, three row SUV/MPV was not showcased. So does it mean that 3 row car is not in the making apart from the Safari?

4. Are new cars planned on the OmegaArc platform as there is not much progress visible.

5. They have hinted at a 4 seated luxury coach of the Sierra. Can there be a three row derivative of the Sierra too?

6. The Tiago, Tigor and Nexon ICE have been on old platforms for too long. Any timeline on shifting to new platforms.

7. Martin Uhlarik claims that there are 9 cars in various stages of designing across their 3 studios. Are they a mix of upgrades of existing cars and new nameplate launches or exclusive new nameplates.

I don't think we'll get answers for all but atleast some of them.
Old 1st September 2024, 13:27   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv ICE launch tomorrow at 2pm.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1725177387669.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 15:55   #975
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Have the media test drives happened, when does the ICE embargo end?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks