Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2024, 08:03   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritoshkalra View Post
. The Door pads are made such that even the water bottles are tilted.
Why is that a problem ? These are not the only two cars with such bottle holders. Other manufacturers too have cars with bottle holders that are tilted.
condor is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 09:02   #947
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

The exterior of tata curv is nice to look at. The clean lines and the trademark tata tail section. The interiors also look very classy. Tata motors are launching new cars every 2-3 months however the tata cars still retain issues, gremlins (as reported on this forum). If they can sort out the niggling issues in there cars with such good products, they can very well be selling at the level of maruti suzuki in future!
mack.mehul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 10:09   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone notice that ergonomics have an issue with all TATA Cars specially with Nexon and Curvv? No space for keeping the water bottles or cans at 90 degree in any of their cars. The Door pads are made such that even the water bottles are tilted.
Actually, keeping the bottle at an angle in door pads makes it lot easier to take them out or put them back. There's hardly any vertical space there to be able to slide the bottle in vertically. So, I don't think there will be many cars that can offer this, unless we are taking about a huge car with a really tall door.
And bottles by nature, should not leak even if they are kept at 70 or even at 60 degrees.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 11:40   #949
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Well it is not inconsistency. Same thing I observed in my Nexon facelift. The opening angles of both mirrors are different. The driver side mirror opens in Obtuse angle or 180° and passanger side mirror opens in Acute angle or around 30°. Hence you see difference in the duration in the opening.
And this difference of opening / closing time is there in Kia / Hyundai cars too.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 12:04   #950
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Our Tata Curvv EV Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue all Curvv EV discussions on the new thread.

On this thread only discuss the Curvv Petrol and Diesel.

Thanks!
Aditya is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 15:32   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
yes, but not in top end. I don't know what's the logic here.

Yes, sometimes no logic works. It's because of top end model not available in wine red color. I don't want to buy low end from my side.
Based on conversations with the dealer near me and shared price list for the accessories, they provide artificial leather seat covers as branded accessories in different colours. Maybe you can check with your dealer for the same as well. And as they are supposed to be brand approved, I'm sure they would be okay with seat airbags and ventilation.

PS : I haven't yet had the chance to visit the showroom personally due to work to check the seat covers.

Last edited by vippul4friends : 14th August 2024 at 15:56. Reason: added clarifications
vippul4friends is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 22:46   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippul4friends View Post
Based on conversations with the dealer near me and shared price list for the accessories, they provide artificial leather seat covers as branded accessories in different colours. Maybe you can check with your dealer for the same as well. And as they are supposed to be brand approved, I'm sure they would be okay with seat airbags and ventilation.

PS : I haven't yet had the chance to visit the showroom personally due to work to check the seat covers.
It's not about seat covers, the interior itself nicely blended in that color. Here is a sample pic attached from TATA motors website
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-curv-int.jpg  

niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 12:04   #953
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post

I feel the Curvv offers a good value proposition with all its bells and whistles, except for interior space and rear seat comfort. I hope the TGDI variants are priced competitively, with less NVH as opposed to current gen revotrons. Looking forward to come back to Tata for my next upgrade
Bells and whistles can be distraction. How are the fundamentals of these cars? How do they hold up in medium to long term? How is the downtime frequency? Any idea about unexpected breakdown or things falling apart?
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 17:44   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
It's not about seat covers, the interior itself nicely blended in that color. Here is a sample pic attached from TATA motors website
Agreed. Even I'm prefer the tasteful red of accomplished over the bland-ish layout of empowered. Wish there was a way to customise the interiors as per choice. Accomplished interior persona with Empowered's bells and whistle would be a great VFM combo at 24 OTR.
vippul4friends is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 23:40   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Bells and whistles can be distraction. How are the fundamentals of these cars? How do they hold up in medium to long term? How is the downtime frequency? Any idea about unexpected breakdown or things falling apart?
If you refer to Tata in general, I myself own a '16 Tiago with over 107K on the odometer and not a single instance of breakdown. IMO, Tata should focus on just two major issues:
- Factory QC, which is usually the root cause of a breakdown
- Service Experience, which is usually the root cause of owners' headaches
250Nm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 00:17   #956
BHPian

The ICE has much better under-thigh and seating posture due to lower floor than EV. Headroom remains the same though.

EV Pic for reference:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac..._231556119.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_000019026.png

Not a fan of the seats & interior color choice and gear shifter design. They should have given multiple options here:
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_000229953.png

Unlike EV, there is no black treatment for badging
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_000424670.png

There's is room for dead pedal but not provided
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_000731573.png

4 cylinder diesel mill (no DPF required)
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_000847421.png

No engine protection
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_001035311.png

Quite a looker in this red color
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-image_20240816_001133859.png
250Nm is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 15:48   #957

Engine Options

Hi all,

Curvv ICE looks promising and I am considering it. However, yet to decide on the drivetrain. Never driven a Diesel engine before hence initially thought to go with the new Hyperion 1.2L TGDI.

However, now I feel that I should make this a well thought out decision between Kryojet 1.5L Diesel vs Hyperion 1.2L TGDI.

Looking for pointers on how to compare between the two, initial price v/s mileage difference is one, power/torque is another but these can be dealt with data. However, need views on overall driving experience, NVH, drivability etc.
lokeshj18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 16:21   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone notice that ergonomics have an issue with all TATA Cars specially with Nexon and Curvv? No space for keeping the water bottles or cans at 90 degree in any of their cars. The Door pads are made such that even the water bottles are tilted.
I own Nexon diesel AMT since 2019 and it has covered almost 1L km now, has been a very satisfying and reliable ownership experience.

This is one of the rare cars which can accommodate 2 Litre bottles in front door pockets with some room to spare for other items. Not even my Pajero Sport can do this. PS can hold 1 Litre flexible bottles only. Rear door pockets in Nexon can comfortably accommodate 1 Litre bottles with some room left for other items.

Only major drawback in Nexon with wireless chargers is lack of cup holders in the center console. Personally my car doesnt have wireless charger and I also dont like to eat/drink in car, so a complete non issue for me. Otherwise the car is ergonomically comfortable for four people even for very long road trips.
46TheDoctor is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 18:46   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshj18 View Post
Engine Options

Hi all,

.......However, now I feel that I should make this a well thought out decision between Kryojet 1.5L Diesel vs Hyperion 1.2L TGDI.

Looking for pointers on how to compare between the two, initial price v/s mileage difference is one, power/torque is another but these can be dealt with data. However, need views on overall driving experience, NVH, drivability etc.
Well your question is very much to be discussed. Reason, many people don't know the answer.

1. You need to look into your useage.
Where do you intend to use it. Places like Delhi-NCR have strict restrictions on diesel.
2. If your monthly drive is less than 1000kms then petrol. More than 2000kms then it's a diesel.
3. Is in intracity or long distance. If it's highway driving diesel will be great.

Coming to engine performance, petrols are smooth, silent and peppy but are seldom less fuel efficient.
Diesels were earlier noisy and harsh, but are now smooth, Reliable and peppy. They have got excellent drivablility due to low end torque and excellent cruising torque. Due to the common rail tech they are more efficient in power and mileage.

Maintainece will be higher in diesel engines due to more number of moving parts and oils. But it will be negated on high useage. Petrols are less fuel efficient and are economical on low useage as price of Petrol is higher. But diesel engines turn rough and noisy by next 7-8 years and after 1.5 Lakh kms but petrols remain as smooth as new if serviced in time and driven smoothly.

Purchase price is the final nail in the coffin. It is where the difference boils down. Even if Diesel is a lakh more expensive it will be negated if used will.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:15   #960

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post

Diesels were earlier noisy and harsh, but are now smooth, Reliable and peppy. They have got excellent drivablility due to low end torque and excellent cruising torque. Due to the common rail tech they are more efficient in power and mileage.
This is what I would need to understand further. As I understand, Curvv would have the same 1.5 Diesel as of Nexon. What has been the experience of Junta driving it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks