Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 14:54   #931
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
I have a Nexon EV Max, never missed the cup holders. Is it that big a miss to be called a deal breaker? Do you drive on Indian roads with hot coffee in the cup holder?
Yes. Cup holders are extremely useful for Hot / cold Coffee on the way to the office or sitting in the parked car and having coffee and talking with a friend. After selling my Tiago I bought Nexon thinking that I would not miss cupholders but I was wrong. The absence of a Cup holder is a deal breaker.
Old 12th August 2024, 15:02   #932
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitHJain7 View Post
Me and my passengers usually carry insulated water bottles (we like our cold water) for the road and to carry wherever we are going. I am very paranoid of dehydration especially because it is a trigger for my migraines. So I like to always have a bottle in arms reach. It’s so much easier to access when it’s near the armrest instead of in a door pocket. I do have a sipper lid on mine which means I am not unscrewing anything or distracting myself at all.
Offtopic

I think it's a very specific need to be able to accomodate water bottle in the armrest area. Most of us don't mind keeping the water bottles in the door pad.

If there isn't a storage area for water bottle in door pads (like in my storme's rear doors), I agree the cup holder becomes mandatory. This is how cup holders serve the purpose in my storme Otherwise, I don't think it can be a dealbreaker.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_20240812_145817923_hdr.jpg

PS: Have some sea salt with water. I also get frequent dehydration headaches and carefully stock up water in all my cars.Just water alone doesn't help

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th August 2024 at 15:18.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 15:19   #933
BHPian

I have visited showroom yesterday for EV, after all the discussions we have a factor called wife choice.
She liked Wine Red interior which doesn't come in EV and she rejected the EV outright. No more arguments. Now I am thinking of ICE version :-(
niv26 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 15:39   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
She liked Wine Red interior which doesn't come in EV and she rejected the EV outright. No more arguments. Now I am thinking of ICE version :-(
Asking for clarity. Did she reject the EV because of unavailability of wine red interior or because it's an EV?
Old 12th August 2024, 16:37   #935
Senior - BHPian

Tata Curvv.ev SUV Coupe bookings open in India

Tata Motors has opened its order books for the Curvv.ev. Deliveries will commence on August 23.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_2464.jpeg

Last week, Tata launched the Curvv.ev in the Indian market. The SUV Coupe is priced from Rs 17.49 lakh (ex-showroom). It is available in five variants: Creative, Accomplished, Accomplished +S, Empowered+ and Empowered +A.

In terms of features, the electric SUV is equipped with a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment, a 10.2-inch digital instrument cluster, a 4-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated Tata logo, 6-way power adjustable driver seat, ventilated front seats, reclining rear seats, customizable mood lighting, a panoramic sunroof, a 9-speaker JBL sound system and a gesture-controlled electric tailgate.

The Tata Curvv.ev uses a single 123 kW electric motor powered by either a 45 kWh or 55 kWh battery pack, offering a range of 502 km and 585 km (ARAI certified), respectively. Tata claims that the Curvv.ev can sprint from 0-100 km/h in 8.6 seconds and has a top speed of 160 km/h.

Thanks to a charging rate of 1.2C, the batteries can be recharged from 10-80% in 40 minutes using a 70 kW charger. A quick 15-minute charge can give you 150 km of range.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 12th August 2024 at 16:38.
TusharK is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 17:23   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
While I understand Cupholders are important to you, Design, Safety engine, Performance, Efficiency, Ride, Handling, Comfort, Features, Pricing don't take precedence but a couple of Cupholders are Dealbreakers? Right.
Those all matter just as much! However, the beautiful thing about the free market is that there are multiple options. If the Curvv was the only car with good comfort, performance, efficiency, etc… That would change the narrative.

However we are lucky enough to live in times where most of that stuff is so good we don’t even have to spend too much time worrying about it. Almost every car ticks these things off in a very acceptable manner. Your preferences with elements of those categories might vary, but it’s not like you’ll buy a car that’s total garbage from the factory today.

That’s why I’m able to move on and focus on other aspects that may seem more inconsequential, but impacts my day to day usability. So yes a deal breaker for me personally. I don’t think that it’s one for everyone else. Everyone has their personal preferences and it feels a bit rude to just say that mine is not as important as yours is.

Cupholders in my instance are used more like bottle holders, never realized there was a very literal differentiation for most. I do use the ones in my door pocket as well, but usually those are filled with other things like microfiber clothes etc.
AnkitHJain7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 18:00   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Attachment 2640797

Link to Team-BHP News
This particular photo has suddenly become one that I cannot 'unsee'. I have never been a fan of the coupe design (because of the limited rear bench headroom) in any car. But here the lower part of the front bumper resembles baleen on a whale. What in the world were they thinking?
handsofsteel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 18:19   #938
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Tata Motors has opened its order books for the Curvv.ev. Deliveries will commence on August 23.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 19:40   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Yes. Cup holders are extremely useful for Hot / cold Coffee on the way to the office or sitting in the parked car and having coffee and talking with a friend. After selling my Tiago I bought Nexon thinking that I would not miss cupholders but I was wrong. The absence of a Cup holder is a deal breaker.
Never allowed hot coffee inside the car due to the risk of dropping it inside the car. Also, roads as bumpy as we have, cannot drive drinking hot coffee.

With an EV most of the time I have coffee when fast charging the car. So another point to add
sharathkamath04 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 20:12   #940
Senior - BHPian

For all those who said, cornering lamps had a bug. Please see them live in action and their behaviour is same as what happened on stage. Right cornering lamp switches off after the turn is completed and then the left switches on as the car turns left.

Name:  D6KeN11GiRalGTu011.gif
Views: 318
Size:  6.93 MB

Source - Rushlane
ferrarirules is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 20:29   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom 510 View Post
Alloy wheel design of the ICE version is poor. The ones on the EV with Aero inserts looks much better IMO.
Exactly my thoughts. I saw Basalt and Curvv side by side in pictures and was thinking how beautiful will the Basalt alloys look on Curvv.
satyamkolhe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 20:48   #942
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I have visited showroom yesterday for EV, after all the discussions we have a factor called wife choice.
Curvv EV Accomplished and Accomplished+ S variants are offered in wine red interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-accomp.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 21:01   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Curvv EV Accomplished and Accomplished+ S variants are offered in wine red interiors.
yes, but not in top end. I don't know what's the logic here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Asking for clarity. Did she reject the EV because of unavailability of wine red interior or because it's an EV?
Yes, sometimes no logic works. It's because of top end model not available in wine red color. I don't want to buy low end from my side.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2024 at 04:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged
niv26 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 23:14   #944
BHPian

Did anyone notice that ergonomics have an issue with all TATA Cars specially with Nexon and Curvv? No space for keeping the water bottles or cans at 90 degree in any of their cars. The Door pads are made such that even the water bottles are tilted.
Old 13th August 2024, 00:49   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
My observations-
  • Look closely and you would notice driver side ORVM takes longer time to open than passenger side. Come on Tata, you need to iron out such inconsistencies before the global reveal!
Attachment 2629223
Well it is not inconsistency. Same thing I observed in my Nexon facelift. The opening angles of both mirrors are different. The driver side mirror opens in Obtuse angle or 180° and passanger side mirror opens in Acute angle or around 30°. Hence you see difference in the duration in the opening.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2024 at 04:29. Reason: Quote tag fixed
tushky is online now   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks