Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:37   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Tata Curvv ICE Variants feature list:

Quote:
Top 5 Missing Features Of Tata Curvv:

Compared to the C-segment SUVs, the Tata Curvv doesn’t get the following 5 features:

Rear window curtains
Rear centre adjustable headrest (or any kind of centre headrest for that matter)
Dual-zone auto AC
Head-up display
Rear washer wiper (this is expected given the sloping coupe body style)
Engines:
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-164827.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-163606.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-163550.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-163534.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-163519.png

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240723-165040.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd July 2024 at 16:51.
volkman10 is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 16:56   #482
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)
re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

The new 1.2 GDI petrol, that's 30%+ torque than the 1.2 turbo petrol!
shortbread is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 18:04   #483
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

It looks promising. Hope the new turbo Diesel plus DCT combo comes niggle free and not like Nexon Petrol DCT ones, which almost every owner is moaning about.
DrOrtho83 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 19:59   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Curvv ICE Variants feature list:

Engines:
Attachment 2631210
I doubt if the basic petrol 1.2L Revotron Turbo engine will come with an automatic gearbox. The engine is just placed to lower the base price of the car and plonking an automatic gearbox will not be worthwhile at this price point. If at all AMT maybe offered. But that too seems less likely. I am sure only manual will be offered.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 23rd July 2024 at 20:01.
Old 23rd July 2024, 21:32   #485
BHPian

I simply will not accept a 3 cylinder turbo petrol in a 4.3M car weighing 1300kg+. Give me a 4 cylinder 150hp+ car or you will not get my heavily taxed income.

Last edited by manson : 24th July 2024 at 01:19. Reason: Typos.
shastryBLR is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 00:42   #486
BHPian

Tata Curvv interior revealed in design sketches:
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-dashboard2.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-dashboard1.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-dashboard0.jpg

-EV and ICE to feature a similar dashboard layout.
-Will get a two-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated logo.
-To borrow features from the Harrier and Safari SUVs.

https://www.carwale.com/news/tata-cu...tent=TataCurvv

Last edited by manson : 24th July 2024 at 01:20.
Nano45 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 00:51   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
This means there is possibility of a Nexon diesel DCA too.
I personally am not too sure about that, if the inclusion of the DCT was possible with the curvv it should have been possible with the Nexon too.

It seems like Tata wants the customers to shell out extra for a proper diesel automatic combo. I highly doubt that the Nexon will be getting the diesel DCT combo anytime soon.

Besides the diesel + AMT Nexon already reaches well into a segment above in terms of pricing, I am sure that the diesel + DCT might not have many takers at that price point.

The pricing of the diesel auto and the reputation of the 1.2 gdi will be the key to success with the Curvv. Ideally the 1.5 turbo should have been present at launch but I suppose they will be saving that for the sierra too.

If that's the case then I suppose tata's strategy with overlapping products is clear, want a diesel auto? Upgrade to the curvv. Want a better turbo petrol? Upgrade to the Curvv. If the Curvv ever gets the 1.5 it will surely after only the Sierra is allowed to carve its own market share and the Harrier/Safari get that engine.

Last edited by manson : 24th July 2024 at 00:59. Reason: Typos.
Spectral189 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 01:53   #488

There are 9 Vehicles in this segment and all of them follows the same design language. To be the showstopper in such a segment the vehicle has to be Unique and Special. With Curvv Tata is trying for that Unique spot. Even if the percentage of people that likes Coupe SUV'S are comparatively low, Tata will be fine with that. Because those low number of people will be having just 2 options in a possible 11 car segment. Tata will possibly get their desired sales numbers in that scenario.

If Curvv is the Unique one, then Sierra is the Special one. After Curvv, Sierra will follow to the same segment with a bit more upmarket features and that awesome design that everyone loves. They will have 2 cars with 2 different body styles in the 2 ends of same segment at the end of the day. That is one hell of a way to make a late late entry into the overcrowded segment.

So if you ask me, in a business point of view they got things spot on.

If I remember correctly, Nexon has it's steering slightly off the center due to the limitations with the platform. Considering Curvv is rumored to be on the same platform, I wish they somehow get it right this time.
Maverick@f22 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 07:53   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv EV battery details revealed.

Tata Curvv to get 55kWh battery on higher-spec variants
Lower variants likely to get 40.5kWh battery from Nexon LR
Petrol and diesel variants to launch at a later date

Quote:
Details about the range of the new 55kWh battery are still unavailable. However, based on the 40.5kWh battery's ARAI-claimed range of 465km, the larger battery is expected to exceed 550km on a single charge.
Link:
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 08:08   #490
BANNED

What is this Advanced Driver Assist - Level II ? Some partial implementation of ADAS Level - 2 features ? Already Hyundai, Kia, MG, Honda are providing ADAS Level-2. All these driver assist without Adaptive Cruise control will not fly, What Tata is giving is alerts which even many Dash Camera are giving these days. ACC is the most important and useful feature of ADAS Level-2.
Old 24th July 2024, 08:46   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectral189 View Post
I personally am not too sure about that, if the inclusion of the DCT was possible with the curvv it should have been possible with the Nexon too.

. I highly doubt that the Nexon will be getting the diesel DCT combo anytime soon.

If the Curvv ever gets the 1.5 it will surely after only the Sierra is allowed to carve its own market share and the Harrier/Safari get that engine.
That is precisely what the customer demands. DCT gearbox in a low price segment will not have many takers and you can see that in Venue. Customer don't want to spend money here. But Curvv is a higher segment where people will voluntarily spend as they have the budget. Curvv will never get 1.5L engine as they want to keep both Curvv and Sierra distinct despite being in the same segment as they want them to play in different price bands.

Quote:

Link:
I think they should do away with Nexon LR and pitch Curvv there as there is no tax difference between sub-4M and mid size segments in EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
What is this Advanced Driver Assist - Level II ?
It is different from ADAS. Lane departure system, Drive doze off alert, Autonomous breaking system, reverse traffic alert system, pedestrian door warning system, etc are a part of Advance Driver Assist.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 24th July 2024 at 08:48.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 09:07   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv 2024 — All Exterior Colour Options (Petrol/Diesel Variants Only)

- 6 colour options

- Gold/Daytona Grey/Pure Grey/Flame Red/Opera Blue/Pristine White

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240724-090633.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th July 2024 at 09:09.
volkman10 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 09:56   #493
BHPian

Just imagining how may the world go round and round -
1.) Tata and Citroen launching Coupes
2.) Other players will also enter
3.) When almost all players are there with a Coupe product say in next 5-7 years there will be a demand for performance based coupes which may need lowered ground clearance
4.) and Bingo the era of sedans revives.

Too much of overthinking .
steadfast is offline   (115) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 10:51   #494

Quote:

Link:

55 kwh is quite impressive if we really take the rivals into consideration.

The ZS EV offers 50 kwh of battery capacity while the BYD atto 3 offers about 60 kwh.

Packaging 55 kwh in a 4.3m car is seriously impressive but then again this is supposed to be tata's gen 2 architecture designed to accomodate batteries.

What remains to be seen is the power figures. But I suppose there is no harm in predicting them beforehand.

Even though this method might prove to be inaccurate, it should give us a range of where the power figures should lie in the curvv unless tata decides to underpower it with the nexon's motor.

Looking at the present tata cars, we can calculate the amount of horsepower offered per kwh of battery capacity (While this figure doesn't indicate anything, it only gives us a ballpark to calculate the power figures of the curvv)

the nexon ev (both MR and LR) and the punch EV lie around the 3.5 hp/kwh mark

while the tiago EV lies around the 3-3.2 hp/kwh mark.

So assuming that the curvv lies somewhere around this mark, it should be given anywhere from 175-195 HP for the LR and 140-170 for the MR
Spectral189 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 11:27   #495
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Top 5 Missing Features Of Tata Curvv:

Compared to the C-segment SUVs, the Tata Curvv doesn’t get the following 5 features:
IMHO, we shouldn't concentrate much on what is not in the feature list. Instead, concentrate on what you need and what you want. I noticed people bashing Tata for rushing the unveil and steeling the limelight from Basalt. ASAIK, Tata introduced Curvv concept in 2023 auto expo or even before. They want to get the first move advantage. Curvv wowed everyone when it was showcased in autoexpo. However, post Nexon/Harrier/Safari facelifts, the front fascia design language lost its uniqueness. But we can't blame Tata completely as every company is following the same strategy - family look for all segment cars (i20, Creta and Tucson).
K_Drive is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks