Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2024, 18:36   #226
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

It looks better in the video posted on the last page than the pictures posted here. It will look better with body coloured cladding.
Old 9th February 2024, 20:44   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Tata Curvv SUV coupe's interior seen for the first time!

Tata Motors recently showcased the pre-production Curvv SUV coupe at the Bharat Mobility Global Expo. While we already know how the car looks on the outside, here's our first look at the interior.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240209121426_tata-curvv-inset.001-1.jpeg

The Curvv SUV coupe features a modern cabin similar to the new Nexon. It has a layered dashboard design with a 10.25-inch touchscreen in the centre and a 2-spoke steering wheel. Although not visible in this image, the SUV is likely to get a touch-based climate control module and a sunroof.

Apart from the coupe-like roofline, one of the biggest differences between the Nexon and the Curvv is the flush-fitting door handles.

The Curvv will be powered by a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 113 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. The engine will be paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 22:31   #228
BHPian

Disappointed ! If this is the final interiors that will make into production. Steering from the Harrier and I hardly find any differentiation from the Nexon with regard to the dashboard and the instrument cluster.
Adorablejim is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 08:38   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
Disappointed ! If this is the final interiors that will make into production. Steering from the Harrier and I hardly find any differentiation from the Nexon with regard to the dashboard and the instrument cluster.
From the plastic panels and grains, it looks like a pre 'Tooling' dashboard without the final grains done. These are mostly done for testing purposes along with the prototypes. So mostly the final production version may turn out to be much better.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:24   #230
BHPian

So the Curve is nothing but an extended Nexon (like an Indigo for the Indica), based on the pictures, Interiors are identical, profile is very similar upto the C pillar. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against re-using a platform (Hyundai and Kia do it really well) but here the X1 platform has some basic ergonomic issues (cramped footwell, space between front seats, high floor and low roof because of the coupe SUV design), Tata could have conceived a new mid sized SUV based on the ALFA platform!
abaliga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 12:52   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
So the Curve is nothing but an extended Nexon (like an Indigo for the Indica), based on the pictures, Interiors are identical, profile is very similar upto the C pillar. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against re-using a platform (Hyundai and Kia do it really well) but here the X1 platform has some basic ergonomic issues (cramped footwell, space between front seats, high floor and low roof because of the coupe SUV design), Tata could have conceived a new mid sized SUV based on the ALFA platform!
The Curvv uses activ.ev, so doesn't suffer from the high floor issue, plus the longer wheelbase will mean the rear seats are much better than the Nexon. Plus despite the age the Nexon had one of the most rigid structures in the segment, this meant it always had good ride and handling and the best safety rating vis a vis 'modern' competition, the activ.ev is even more stiffer, so will be interesting to see how it's dynamics improves.
shortbread is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 16:58   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
The CURVV wheel base is literally identical to the Manza. Width is also similar. So the interiors will mimic the Manza by all means. Manza was a spacious and comfortable sedan that seated higher than other sedans in the market, that gave the vibe of the Ambassador's rear seat. Manza never has ergonomic issues. So expect the Curvv to carry the same interiors space and comfort.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 20:13   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourWheelDrift View Post
If you are talking about the triangular "fixed window" between the rear door and the C pillar, that was a purely cosmetic plastic piece and meant to give the effect of a window in the concept car.
To be honest, I was not convinced that there is space for the Air Curtain. I thought the C Pillar needs to be a little inward. If not inward the curtain would protrude outside.
But within me, I was hoping that you are correct and I am wrong. This was a feature that I liked the most in the concept. Rest all I felt to be more of "concept" like.
But now looking at the showpiece at "Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024", I am deeply disappointed . This feature is missing in it. The showpiece looks more of a blown up Tata Zest
Old 12th February 2024, 10:58   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
The CURVV wheel base is literally identical to the Manza. Width is also similar. So the interiors will mimic the Manza by all means. Manza was a spacious and comfortable sedan that seated higher than other sedans in the market, that gave the vibe of the Ambassador's rear seat. Manza never has ergonomic issues. So expect the Curvv to carry the same interiors space and comfort.
Oh I didn't know that. My dad needs to buy a car in a few months (around june or july) and he loved his manza. Maybe he will like the tata Curvv with its similarities to manza too
DarK_Sanjan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 12:16   #235
Senior - BHPian

Tata Curvv India launch timeline revealed

According to reports, Tata Motors has confirmed the launch timeline of the Curvv for the Indian market. The Tata Curvv will be available in both the ICE and EV versions, with the EV scheduled to launch first, followed by its ICE counterpart.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvv.jpeg

Reports state that the Tata Curvv EV will go on sale in the second quarter of FY2025, i.e., between July to September 2024. This will be followed by the diesel-powered Curvv SUV, three to four months later.

Tata Motors recently unveiled the production-ready version of the Curvv SUV at the Bharat Mobility Expo 2024. The Curvv is based on the Nexon but differentiates itself with a coupe-like roofline and a longer wheelbase. Another differentiating factor on the Curvv is its flush-fitting door handles. Inside, the Tata Curvv features a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 2-spoke steering wheel and a layered dashboard similar to that on the Nexon facelift.

Both the ICE and EV versions of the Tata Curvv are expected to borrow the powertrain from the respective Nexon versions. However, Tata has yet to officially announce any details.

Source: CarWale

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 12:24   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
The Curvv uses activ.ev, so doesn't suffer from the high floor issue, plus the longer wheelbase will mean the rear seats are much better than the Nexon. Plus despite the age the Nexon had one of the most rigid structures in the segment, this meant it always had good ride and handling and the best safety rating vis a vis 'modern' competition, the activ.ev is even more stiffer, so will be interesting to see how it's dynamics improves.
AFAIK, the Curvv will use two different underbodies for the ICE and EV versions. The one displayed in Bharat Mobility expo is the ICE version with the Nexon Diesel Power plant and Driveline combo. So it is highly likely that we can expect Nexon like features in terms of Ride and handling.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 12:41   #237
BHPian

Personally, I am disappointed with Tata Curvv. This, to me, seems more like a contraption made out of the various designs and parts that Tatas has used in their passenger vehicles over the period of years. The stance of the car is not to my taste and so is the styling. This is one of those cars that I'll not even follow online.
Old 12th February 2024, 13:18   #238
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Tata Curvv India launch timeline revealed

According to reports, Tata Motors has confirmed the launch timeline of the Curvv for the Indian market. The Tata Curvv will be available in both the ICE and EV versions, with the EV scheduled to launch first, followed by its ICE counterpart.

Attachment 2571953

Reports state that the Tata Curvv EV will go on sale in the second quarter of FY2025, i.e., between July to September 2024. This will be followed by the diesel-powered Curvv SUV, three to four months later.

Tata Motors recently unveiled the production-ready version of the Curvv SUV at the Bharat Mobility Expo 2024. The Curvv is based on the Nexon but differentiates itself with a coupe-like roofline and a longer wheelbase. Another differentiating factor on the Curvv is its flush-fitting door handles. Inside, the Tata Curvv features a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 2-spoke steering wheel and a layered dashboard similar to that on the Nexon facelift.

Both the ICE and EV versions of the Tata Curvv are expected to borrow the powertrain from the respective Nexon versions. However, Tata has yet to officially announce any details.

Source: CarWale

Link to Team-BHP news

So, the petrol 1.2 tgdi shall launch with the diesel or will it launch seperately? Details for the petrol one ain’t clear in the article. I hope petrol engine makes debut in ICE launch. That makes sense for it.
Another alternate -Maybe they will showcase petrol engines for their lineup (1.2 and the 1.5 tgdi ) sometime later.
Old 12th February 2024, 13:49   #239

Tata should stop all new launches until they fix quality issues on the existing models. I have a recently purchased Nexon EV facelift that has been in the service station for 12 of the 30 days. The vehicle that is completely turned off and locked unpredictably starts on its own without any trigger from anyone. I am scared if the vehicle has the potential to just start moving by itself hurting someone. Also, another issue noted is, the vehicle does not turn-off at all some times. The motors keeps running despite pressing the engine stop button.

In addition to the above mentioned, the vehicle has so many other issues right off of the assembly line. The Tata technicians are clueless to fix these issues satisfactorily. I feel UNSAFE driving my new car.

I am just shocked to see how a car company can release a car that is unsafe and has so many issues. I was expecting Tata to do a proper root cause analysis and fix the issues so that people inside and outside the car are not put in any risk. However, they are so thick skinned, they just don't care to address these issues properly. I am contemplating my actions, but I will post a detailed write-up with videos on what I am noticing for the benefit of others.

Last edited by ravi_cnr : 12th February 2024 at 13:51.
ravi_cnr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 14:23   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
AFAIK, the Curvv will use two different underbodies for the ICE and EV versions. The one displayed in Bharat Mobility expo is the ICE version with the Nexon Diesel Power plant and Driveline combo. So it is highly likely that we can expect Nexon like features in terms of Ride and handling.
True, the reply was for the question regarding the high floor, which is an issue with the Nexon EV and would be resolved when moving onto the activ.ev floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryweaver View Post
So, the petrol 1.2 tgdi shall launch with the diesel or will it launch seperately? Details for the petrol one ain’t clear in the article. I hope petrol engine makes debut in ICE launch. That makes sense for it.
Another alternate -Maybe they will showcase petrol engines for their lineup (1.2 and the 1.5 tgdi ) sometime later.
I have a feeling the diesel will be launched before the petrol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks