Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2024, 20:48   #1066
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

A bit more length and a more sedan-like profile instead of the "Nexon-with-a-tail" design would have been better.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-tatacurvv_2.png  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th September 2024 at 20:53.
romeomidhun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 21:10   #1067
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I got to know more about gearbox which is used in current gent Nexon. I am waiting for a call from salesperson to inform me when both petrol engines Curvv will be available for test drive.

Does this also indicate 1.2 Revotron could get TA-65 gearbox and 1.2 Hyperion & 1.5 Kryotec engines get new gearbox?

Off topic question, Where do you find which gearbox is used in a car? Is this in the manual as I was looking for gearbox details on Harrier and could not find it in the online user manual
The newer cars that require more power and Torque will debut with this gearbox as the car is no more sub 4M and will require more peppy engines. This maybe needed if the Sierra also may arrive with the same 1.5L Diesel engine but will need more torque and power as it is expected to tap about 160 BHP with the same engine. So will be the need to debut with a more torquier gearbox.

Here is the link to the information from our very own forum. : TATA TA-65 GB TEAM-BHP (Tata Altroz with turbo petrol engine spotted undisguised)

It is also mentioned in the owners manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
A bit more length and a more sedan-like profile instead of the "Nexon-with-a-tail" design would have been better.
Appears sleekier and attractive but again the same issue. Economies of scale for sharing of parts.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 5th September 2024 at 21:11.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 21:31   #1068
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
All of them are the same roof structure. Look at the C pillar of the Indica Vista, Manza, Nexon, Bolt and Zest. They had to incur lots of modifications to make the changes that is why they went with the stock design.
What I mean by difference in interior is premiumness. I have seen Curvv and it's interior is far more sophisticated in looks and touch than Nexon.
DrOrtho83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 23:04   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOrtho83 View Post
What I mean by difference in interior is premiumness. I have seen Curvv and it's interior is far more sophisticated in looks and touch than Nexon.
Perhaps you didn't check out the new Nexon. Curvv is almost identical to Nexon facelift. Only the colour of the trims changes. Curvv is no way premium in feel or touch than the Nexon.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 09:14   #1070
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata CURVV (EV+ICE) opens it dispatches (mostly) in August sales chart. Demo, dealer and some deliveries of its EV contribute to the numbers.

No disruptions in volumes in the top players of the mid-SUV segment, so far.

Name:  Screenshot 20240906 091249.png
Views: 357
Size:  52.7 KB

Source: AutoPunditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th September 2024 at 09:30.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 12:02   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
TATAs are getting way to expensive. They should offer complimentary GOLD AMC and extended warranty to compensate the loss (time and money) a potential owner would bear.
The DCT Transmission requires precision engineering and is a costly affair to manufacture as well as maintain in long run due to complex parts. However, Tata's have been very prudent when it comes to pricing their products with DCTs.
Motorfanatic1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 12:24   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Having worked on the MPFi and GDi exhaust systems for almost a decade now, I cannot understand the logic that has given TATA's marketing team the audacity to price the GDi turbo with an additional 1.2 lakh INR !

The GDi system has 3 high pressure injectors, a GPF (Gasoline particulate filter - required by the BS6.2 emission norms) additional effort for calibration and some wiring.

Ideally, this modern new powertrain should have replaced the old turbo on the Nexon and had a cost increment of 20-25K.

Instead TATA has chosen to launch both and act like giving more choice to the customer while looting them in the process!! Crying shame
aravind.anand is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 13:34   #1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivyanshuDiv View Post
TATAs are getting way to expensive. They should offer complimentary GOLD AMC and extended warranty to compensate the loss (time and money) a potential owner would bear.
In my experience Gold AMC is not much useful for any issues which are not available during the scheduled services, I have paid for replacing the spark plugs which failed 2 months after the last service was done.
For the components which can be fixed out of service schedule, generally Tata does not agree that even the issue exist.
Old 6th September 2024, 18:13   #1074
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's how the Tata Curvv stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240906_181226.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 20:31   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post

Attachment 2651282

Wow, That graphic is a reminder on how crowded and hard fought this segment is.

On the other hand, not a single "near perfect" product.

Only if the Korean twins came with a 5 star safety rating
amit_2025 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 20:53   #1076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Having experienced extremely fast yet seemless DCT/DSGs of Kia, VW-Skoda and the price being almost at par for the 1.2 GDI 125 PS motor doesn't make much sense to me. Pretty sure the Hyundai-Kia/VW-Skoda twins will easily blow away the Curvv, not just because of the HP advantage but also the lethargic DCAs of Tata (past cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfanatic1 View Post
The DCT Transmission requires precision engineering and is a costly affair to manufacture as well as maintain in long run due to complex parts. However, Tata's have been very prudent when it comes to pricing their products with DCTs.
That said there DCA are too slow to respond. I have seen AT's faster than their DCA.

Also the reliability quotient too doesn't seem too good (worse than VW-Skoda,Hyundai-Kia)
Attached Images

Last edited by 07CR : 6th September 2024 at 21:20.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 02:40   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Having experienced extremely fast yet seemless DCT/DSGs of Kia, VW-Skoda and the price being almost at par for the 1.2 GDI 125 PS motor doesn't make much sense to me. Pretty sure the Hyundai-Kia/VW-Skoda twins will easily blow away the Curvv, not just because of the HP advantage but also the lethargic DCAs of Tata (past cars)

That said there DCA are too slow to respond. I have seen AT's faster than their DCA.
The Altroz DCA was mated to an anemic NA engine. It was bound to be lethargic/slow and so it was. This time, the Curvv's DCA is mated to the new turbo petrol engine. Let's wait for the reviews to drop first before labelling it's performance as mediocre?

About the reliability, I am aware of Tata's track record. However, a new DCT/DCA gearbox having reports of breakdown is not something that should be a red flag vis-a-vis competition. The Creta/Seltos DCT duo had multiple overheating as well gears getting stuck in D2/D3 ratio issues on launch. Didn't Hyundai straight up remove the gearbox heating indicator from it's vehicles? If I remember correctly, weren't the owners asked to park the vehicle on the side of the road and wait for the gearbox to cooldown?
Moreover, the Skoda twins 2.0 vehicles having multiples issues, most notably the AC issue and the preceeding generation where a gearbox failure was guaranteed is considered to be more reliable than Tata?

I am no Tata fan, but come on.

Last edited by Doonite : 7th September 2024 at 02:43.
Doonite is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 13:00   #1078
BHPian

Variant wise videos have started coming out.
The Creative+S variant gets light bluish interiors, refer:
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240907-125748.png

The dark blue colour looks really good, better than the renders.
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240907-130226.png

The Creative S (and lower) variants get greyish fabric interiors, refer:

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240907-125840.png

References:
Creative+S:
YT

Creative S:
YT

Last edited by audi_dream : 7th September 2024 at 13:06.
audi_dream is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 13:28   #1079
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_dream View Post
Variant wise videos have started coming out.
The blue color looks very similar to Galactic Sapphire blue on Safari and blue color available on previous gen Safari. The darker shade of blue looks good.
I am not a fan of bluish seats and interiors. If interiors were darker bluish instead of light blue, they would blend well with dark grey seats.

Wireless charger is proving to be intrusive feature in higher variants. Just look at the storage space available in center console in Creative+S variant. All this space is lost because a wireless charger is sitting there in higher variants.
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot-20240907-132101.png
I hope auto makers stop thinking wireless charger is a necessity as I see more and more cars are coming with wireless chargers and I don't want my phone to go bad due to heating issues from slow wireless charging.
kgt.v8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2024, 13:51   #1080
BHPian

The Creative S petrol DCT looks like the most value for money offering compared to the others. For about 2L more than the Pure+, you get a whole host of new features. Features that might help hold onto the car for a bit longer, so they sort of pay for themselves.

The steep increment required for the more powerful Hyperion engine has already been noted by others- I fail to understand why too. At the moment, if space isn't too much of an issue, the Mahindra XUV 3XO AX5L provides more value at a similar price, with a much more powerful 130PS/230NM engine.

Does anyone know if the Curvv EV's backseat issues have been resolved on its ICE counterpart?
Sudarshan42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks