Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2024, 00:18   #916
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Agree!
Our Baleno's rear seat space is the best I've experienced so far. Recently, my Mom had a ride in the Jeep Compass and she was like this car doesn't have space even if it's costing 25 Lakhs
Its all relative, I drive a Polo and everything seems spacious!

Tata Curvv for its size seems relatively small, its not cramped by any means, but compared to a sletos, curvv seems less spacious!

But the deal breaker for many would not be the space but the after sale services and reliability, and durability of the vehicle
Santy19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 10:43   #917
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
Does Curvv actually have a glossy piano black wheel arch or am I seeing things. I am not particularly good at aesthetics but that is a serious eye sore. People complain about piano black interior. Do not understand why one would you want to have it for the wheel arch.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 11:35   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Does Curvv actually have a glossy piano black wheel arch or am I seeing things.
It does have piano black wheel arches. I'm sure this will look odd on the car after a couple of years when it's filled with scratches.
sharmanova is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 11:52   #919
BHPian

Whoever decided that it would be acceptable to completely replace the cupholders near the armrest and center console for a wireless charger should be fired. Seems like such a last minute thing. Tata clearly didn’t have a wireless charger in mind when the original design was being made. Instead of doing a proper redesign they just made the worst compromise. What’s worse is their solution is to have two small cutouts in the glove box panel that you will need to keep open in order to keep drinks. It’s such a stupid solution to a problem that didn’t have to exist.

That’s an instant deal breaker for me to not have cupholders in the center console, what about you guys?
AnkitHJain7 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:11   #920
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitHJain7 View Post
That’s an instant deal breaker for me to not have cupholders in the center console, what about you guys?
Cupholders have always been the unused 'feature' in my car. I prefer to take a halt and have my tea/ coffee in a traditional glass. Very rarely do I buy the atrociously priced beverage in a paper cup to need a cup holder. And even if I buy one, I would never drink a beverage in a moving car. So to each one his own!
srh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:14   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like such a last minute thing. Tata clearly didn’t have a wireless charger in mind when the original design was being made. Instead of doing a proper redesign they just made the worst compromise. What’s worse is their solution is to have two small cutouts in the glove box panel that you will need to keep open in order to keep drinks. It’s such a stupid solution to a problem that didn’t have to exist.
Not sure if it is a last minute thing, its the same design from the 2022 Nexon Max with wireless charging.

Quote:
Neither me nor my co-passengers drink in the car, so not a problem for me. Now that I think of it, I have not seen too many people use them in India. Have seen it most in US and even in Europe it is not as common.
wocanak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:28   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Cupholders have always been the unused 'feature' in my car. I prefer to take a halt and have my tea/ coffee in a traditional glass. Very rarely do I buy the atrociously priced beverage in a paper cup to need a cup holder. And even if I buy one, I would never drink a beverage in a moving car. So to each one his own!
True. I, at the most, use cup holders in my Creta to drop my keys or any stuff. At the most a 200ml water bottle fits and I use to keep it. Other than that I never bought a plastic cup coffee or juice in my car as our road or too turbulent and contents may spill around. I think we are not yet acclimatized to western culture of buying coffee on the move. I don't miss them in my Nexon EV MAX.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:30   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Not sure if it is a last minute thing, it’s the same design from the 2022 Nexon Max with wireless charging.

Neither me nor my co-passengers drink in the car, so not a problem for me. Now that I think of it, I have not seen too many people use them in India. Have seen it most in US and even in Europe it is not as common.
Ohh I didn’t know the 22 Nexon also had the same thing. I knew the facelift does. That’s just unfortunate, even if it’s not something everyone uses it’s a very convenient thing to have. If not for water bottles for storing other small items like keys and wallets too.

Just for context since I saw another comment as well. We usually don’t use cup holders for coffees or soda cans. Me and my passengers usually carry insulated water bottles (we like our cold water) for the road and to carry wherever we are going. I am very paranoid of dehydration especially because it is a trigger for my migraines. So I like to always have a bottle in arms reach. It’s so much easier to access when it’s near the armrest instead of in a door pocket. I do have a sipper lid on mine which means I am not unscrewing anything or distracting myself at all.

Last edited by AnkitHJain7 : 12th August 2024 at 12:32.
AnkitHJain7 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:31   #924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whoever decided that it would be acceptable to completely replace the cupholders near the armrest and center console for a wireless charger should be fired. Seems like such a last minute thing. Tata clearly didn’t have a wireless charger in mind when the original design was being made. Instead of doing a proper redesign they just made the worst compromise. What’s worse is their solution is to have two small cutouts in the glove box panel that you will need to keep open in order to keep drinks. It’s such a stupid solution to a problem that didn’t have to exist.

Tata has mostly screwed up interior storage spaces, especially centre console ones and end up giving solutions that are over the top. Remember the Aria's roof mounted storage? Though they seemed to have amended post Tiago, even now they don't seem to be able to ergonomically design the centre console except for the Altroz.

Even in the pre-FL Nexon, though looks unfinished, had some deep storage options in the centre console. The facelifted higher variants just miss out on those. Would be loved to proven wrong if the wireless charger pad is openable (doesn't seem to be)

Those cut outs remind me of the glovebox lids in 1980s cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
True. I, at the most, use cup holders in my Creta to drop my keys or any stuff. At the most a 200ml water bottle fits and I use to keep it. Other than that I never bought a plastic cup coffee or juice in my car as our road or too turbulent and contents may spill around. I think we are not yet acclimatized to western culture of buying coffee on the move. I don't miss them in my Nexon EV MAX.
Nope. Don't think most Indians would stop for a coffee on the way to office and keep it in the cupholder. For us Indians, they are bottle holders and places to keep knick knacks, most importantly our phones.

Last edited by DicKy : 12th August 2024 at 12:39.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 12:32   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have 2024 Nexon facelift. i have used Indica xeta and Tiago before.Xeta had cup holders in the glovebox which i could not used in 10 years of ownership due to its placement. Tiago had proper cupholders. Now with Nexon facelift, i am back to Indica era. I miss cupholders. I am using cupholder accesory which can be attached to the AC vents however it makes hot drink cold faster due to AC.
tushky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:28   #926
BHPian

Quote:

I have a Nexon EV Max, never missed the cup holders. Is it that big a miss to be called a deal breaker? Do you drive on Indian roads with hot coffee in the cup holder?
sharathkamath04 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:38   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathkamath04 View Post
I have a Nexon EV Max, never missed the cup holders. Is it that big a miss to be called a deal breaker? Do you drive on Indian roads with hot coffee in the cup holder?
Spot on! This so called cup holders is very alien to our system. This is not America or Europe where every 2nd person is walking around with take-away coffee cups! Bottle holders, yes, now that’s something important and also being messed up with many cars now, you cannot store a proper 1L in many new car door pads. Now thats an issue. Cup-Holders? Nah, at least this not a deal breaker for now. Maybe in 2030 you will have more
People walking around with take-away coffee cups, maybe then.

Lastly, hot beverages in a moving car is just unwarranted. My simple philosophy, avoid food and beverages in the car. Your hands get sticky, car gets dirty and voila, you will soon have some rodent friends visiting you.

Last edited by motorworks : 12th August 2024 at 13:40.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 13:39   #928
BHPian

Quote:

While I understand Cupholders are important to you, Design, Safety engine, Performance, Efficiency, Ride, Handling, Comfort, Features, Pricing don't take precedence but a couple of Cupholders are Dealbreakers? Right.
Flash777 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 14:16   #929
BHPian

I don't see how the interiors are better than the Nexon. My cousin recently got the Nexon and the interior in both the cars look almost identical. Going by the design, the Curvv should have worse headroom for the rear passengers( been pointed out by a few). I don't think this car is meant for someone seeking rear seat comfort.
Old 12th August 2024, 14:53   #930
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Alloy wheel design of the ICE version is poor. The ones on the EV with Aero inserts looks much better IMO.
Phantom 510 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks