Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2024, 08:07   #871
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
The interior space is due to the short wheel base compared to its rivals and it can be forgiven as it will priced lower than the segment rivals.
What is the feedback from your rear seat passengers? Actually I am considering curvv ev but rear space and legroom worries me.
Old 9th August 2024, 09:06   #872
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

As a signature to TATA Motors with variants, CNG option for Curvv is being considered.

Name:  20240808055558_Tata_Curvv_CNG.png
Views: 388
Size:  553.5 KB

link:
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 09:47   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As a signature to TATA Motors with variants, CNG option for Curvv is being considered.

Attachment 2639228

link:
Considering the size of the boot, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 3 CNG tanks, compared to Tata's standard twin cylinder configuration.
shortbread is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 09:56   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGod View Post
What is the feedback from your rear seat passengers? Actually I am considering curvv ev but rear space and legroom worries me.
I use the Nexon EV MAX. Yes, the floor height does hamper the seating experience. It is slightly uncomfortable for too long journies but not a bad experience. The Curvv is slightly longer but not so much intruding Into flexing hips like the typical third row of many SUVs. It gives the comfort that is typically experienced in a Sedan. So I don't think that be a matter of concern that many have complained. It is not a proper SUV like the Scorpio or Safari. And you should give that a benefit of doubt.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 11:41   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
I almost think this is intentional that Nexon EV will be cannibalised at both ends by Punch and Curvv. Think about it - Nexon is gen 1 architecture which is essentially en EV retrofit of the ICE platform, while Punch.ev and Curvv are Gen 2. Also, Punch.ev, while being branded Punch is actually a new car and is not based off the ICE platform. So it appears to me that the next Nexon EV refresh will be based off the gen 2 acti.ev platform and will be a departure from the Nexon ICE platform. And hence cannibalising the current Gen 1 Nexon EV makes absolute sense…
This is exactly what I was thinking. They will underpin the next Nexon with the ATLAS architecture and they're okay with cannibalizing the present Nexon.
Old 9th August 2024, 11:56   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv.EV media drive reviews drops on Aug 13th at 12pm.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1723184590946.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1723184593590.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1723184596540.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-fb_img_1723184619601.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 12:39   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
I don't believe this is an "all new" platform. In simple terms, this is a reworked Nexon, an evolution of the X1 platform with a different rear section and new sheet metal. The "Atlas" term sounds cool and is great for PR but I think people would've accepted it even if they went ahead and said this is based on the X1 platform.

It's the same case with Mahindra and Ford too. We all know the XUV700 is an evolution of the XUV500 and is based on the same platform. Same goes for the S650 Mustang which Ford says is "all new" but is actually a reworked S550 aka S550.5
It does look more like a stretched Nexon(from the side) than a new built from the ground up vehicle. Perhaps they realizes the rumoured Blackbird project was not feasible and decided to go and rework on the existing Nexon? Could it be why the interior space doesn't seem any better than a Nexon except for a larger boot space from the additional width?

I always take claims of "all new platform/architecture/engine" with a large bag of salt. Remember the Kryotec?
Nithesh_M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 12:51   #878
BHPian

Citroen has revealed the Basalt pricing. Starting at 7.9. I'm really excited to see the price wars and what TATA brings it down to for curvv ICE.
Old 9th August 2024, 14:07   #879
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
I almost think this is intentional that Nexon EV will be cannibalised at both ends by Punch and Curvv. Think about it - Nexon is gen 1 architecture which is essentially en EV retrofit of the ICE platform, while Punch.ev and Curvv are Gen 2. Also, Punch.ev, while being branded Punch is actually a new car and is not based off the ICE platform. So it appears to me that the next Nexon EV refresh will be based off the gen 2 acti.ev platform and will be a departure from the Nexon ICE platform. And hence cannibalising the current Gen 1 Nexon EV makes absolute sense…
True, Also with Punch LR having battery pack of 35kw with range of 250-300km is close to Nexon's having 39.5kw battery so Curvv having 45kw/55kw shows clear difference for buyer in terms of size, battery pack, range and price
DHARM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 14:44   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
It does look more like a stretched Nexon(from the side) than a new built from the ground up vehicle. Perhaps they realizes the rumoured Blackbird project was not feasible and decided to go and rework on the existing Nexon? Could it be why the interior space doesn't seem any better than a Nexon except for a larger boot space from the additional width?
It could be, but I think it should be fine. Last year when I was looking for EV option, the nexon LR topend was around 22.5 lac. From that lens, what I get today for 23.5 lac is bigger battery pack, slightly improved rear space, bigger bootspace, improved interior quality and more features.

Also, I think it has same tech stack/architecture as Punch ev, and I think punch ev is more stable product then other previous tata evs.

Please correct me if otherwise.
elevator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 14:49   #881
Senior - BHPian

shortbread is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 15:07   #882
BHPian

I have been waiting to jump on the EV bandwagon for some time now, only delaying the decision due to lack of options. Curvv has checked almost all my boxes and might take the leap soon. Just waiting for the initial couple of months get the user feedback to ensure there are no major issues.

Few points I will like to make (mostly nitpicking though):

- The pricing is very realistic for what it offers and not too enthusiastic like they did for 2023 Nexon EV.
- The car will definitely stand out when viewed from the rear or side rear. I like it much better than Nexon.
- Despite the Gen 2 ev architecture, they are still borrowing too much from the Nexon. Due to this, the frunk is puny (just 11l while the much smaller Punch gets 30l). This should have been done better.
- Still no cupholders, keeping the same Nexon central console. The Punch's layout would have been better.
- No seat pockets in real for keeping magazines (will have to get a after market fitment)
- Rear center armrest could have had a cutout for mobile holder
- I do not like the subscription model for using arcade.ev function (for connected features I can still understand). I guess we will have to get use to this practice as more manufactures adopt this new revenue stream.

My experience with a Tata product and their service has been a mixed bag so far and I am quite aware of the niggles in their first gen products (having booked and bought the Zest on the day of the launch in 2014). I really hope that most battery and software related bugs are ironed out by the initial 3-4 months before I also join the bus.

It will be interesting to see how MG will respond to these prices. They will have to revise the ZS prices again to remain competitive. They will definitly price Windsor below the Curvv.
Sabyasworld is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 15:42   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyl87 View Post
Citroen has revealed the Basalt pricing. Starting at 7.9. I'm really excited to see the price wars and what TATA brings it down to for curvv ICE.
Basalt and Cruvv are not direct rivals, they may be the same size but the features make them stand poles apart.
ferrarirules is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 17:26   #884
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Visited Tata Showroom to check out the Tata Curvv.

My observations are as follows:

The car is meant for mostly Highway drives, due to its size and visibility.

The glossy cladding is prone to swivel marks. The same can be seen on the display cars.

The rear seat space is equivalent to Tata Nexon EV. the B pillar hampers the ingress of passengers.

Once in the rear seat, the passenger is comfortable. The top end looks airy due to lighter color shade. The red/maroon interiors don’t go well with exterior color (other then Pristine white).

The floor is slightly raised to accommodate the battery.

The rear passenger may feel uneasy due to its sitting position.

I feel, the Punch EV has better overall visibility and better rear seat comfort.

Diesel Curvv: the engine would go well with the car's looks. This may sell in large numbers for sure. It has better underthigh support.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240809_150632.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240809_145851.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-20240809_151248.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2024 at 22:37. Reason: Very poorly typed posts with multiple typos, caps where needed etc. Please proof-read your posts before submitting. Thank you
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (18) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2024, 19:37   #885
BHPian

Checked out the Tata Curvv EV today. Have to say the coupe design looks really premium in person. The blue shade on the EV looks awesome indoors, but I think with the Pure Gray (nardo greyish) shade this will give BMW vibes. Due to the extended boot and height of car it has good road presence, but not really truly SUV like. More like an extended version of the Nexon.

I personally found the flush fitting door handles to be difficult to use as you need to push on one side and then hold and pull from other side. Maybe because I was not used to it. But expect a lot of older family members and guests to struggle opening it.

When it comes to the interior, unfortunately it is very similar to the Nexon EV in seating and overall space. The larger size has just added boot space, but not much else. This might be a dealbreaker in competing in the Creta segment. Creta, Grand Vitara, Elevate all feel bigger inside. The headroom felt fine for my 5’7” height, but will be tight for six footers. The floor height is raised similar to Nexon and only comfortable with legs extended. Getting in and out will be difficult for older folks due to the high door sill. Interior finish feels slightly better than the Nexon.

Overall with the great looks and good pricing the Curvv EV LR is a sweet proposition. But the Curvv ICE maybe be a tough sell unless it undercuts the competition.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_0196.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_0199.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_0205.jpg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-img_0202.jpg  

Djay is offline   (26) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks